Windows Server 2003 IIS/PHP4/MySQL 4

Hello,

I run IIS and PHP 4 as a ISAPI module on a Windows Server 2003 Standard edition server. On another server (Fedora Core 4) I have MySQL installed. I can connect to MySQL via my computer using root@'%' using Navicat (Without SSH tunneling). I have setup a user a website and when I run a PHP script that connects to the MySQL database I get a blank page - Not even any of the static content is displayed! There is no error_log file and it doesent output any errors on the page. I used the server monitor function in Navicat to monitor for connections but the connection from my windows server never showed up.

Oh if it helps this script used to run on my old cPanel box (Apache, PHP, MySQL etc. all installed on one server) and it works fine on my testing server (Apache and MySQL on the same computer).

Please help! All of my content is driven by MySQL!

Thanks,

Tom

Where you are checking the logs? You need to check c:/windows/system32/logfiles/w3sv... and also check whether it displayed any error message in event viewer. Which browser you are using? try to check with different.

Moreover did you edited any lines in php.ini like e_error _warning _ notices... etc., check it.
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

Quote Originally Posted by besty
    Where you are checking the logs? You need to check c:/windows/system32/logfiles/w3sv... and also check whether it displayed any error message in event viewer. Which browser you are using? try to check with different.

Moreover did you edited any lines in php.ini like e_error _warning _ notices... etc., check it.
    Normally PHP would create a file in the directory if a error occured. I have not stopped it from outputting errors. The IIS logs report no errors, its just full of GET commands.

Hmmm.... is it take long time to load? I believe you need to check the GD in php.ini. try to access after disabling it.

To log errors to the server event log using error_log = syslog
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

Quote Originally Posted by besty
    Hmmm.... is it take long time to load? I believe you need to check the GD in php.ini. try to access after disabling it.

To log errors to the server event log using error_log = syslog
    Nope it loads instantly. I have never installed GD.

Thanks

Please help, this is very important I get this fixed.

Update: Rather than getting a blank page I now get:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\Sites\RP\php\mysql.php on line 6

Fatal error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\Sites\RP\php\mysql.php on line 6
    Last edited by Tomdarkness; 10-07-2006 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdarkness

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\Sites\RP\php\mysql.php on line 6

Fatal error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\Sites\RP\php\mysql.php on line 6
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html
    tanfwc

make sure the user is authenticated to use that database

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdarkness

Open your my.ini and add the following lines beneath the [mysqld] section:

set_variable = old_passwords=1

restart your mySQL services after that.
    Tweakservers : Authorised Reseller of SmarterMail | SmarterStats | SmarterStats | Mailenable