need some help to configure cisco switch.

Hello,

i'm renting a whole rack cabinet in my datacenter. I have a cisco switch in this rack which all my server is connected to.
    I would like to setup a vlan with a ACL so i can block ICMP, ping & traceroute. and probably some tcp & udp ports.
    could someone help me with this, i tried to configure the switch whole day, and can't get this to working.

What model do you have? If you do a google search you can find a lot of good resources and how to's.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus H
    I would like to setup a vlan with a ACL so i can block ICMP, ping & traceroute
    OK, so you're having trouble configuring the switch and you want to setup an ACL that would remove all common means of troubleshooting issues? Configuration issues aside, you might want to point that gun away from your foot.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Even though you are not in our DC i will help you out

I wouldn't do the ACL's yet, get your vLans setup first. If you would like help either post here or email me at linn@zogmo.com

-Linn
    Linn Boyd

You'd be surprised just how helpful a good SmartNet contract is!
    If you don't want to layout the cash, then signup as a Cisco Reseller and get yourself a CCO account, as you are obviously not yet certified. You'll find endless amounts of useful information direct from Cisco include configuration examples.

Good luck!
    Fusionapps.NET (http://www.fusionapps.net)
    Windows Virtual / Dedicated / Application Servers / Colo
    Toll Free: 1-888-514-8100 option 5
    Email: sales@fusionapps.net