Thread: New Host

New Host

Hi Everyone

We are currently looking for a new host! Our current host is not very reliable and support is very poor indeed!

We currently have a Linux OS, 500mb Space and unlimited bandwidth! we would require more disk space from our new server!

We would be flexible with the monthly/yearly cost for the right server with very minimum downtime. 24/7 support would also be a must aswell as access to the control panel!

Although we are in UK we are open to recommendations from outwith UK!

If anyone could recommend a particular host we would be greatful if you could leave a post here!

Thank you in advance

Unlimited bandwidth might be hard to come by... it's also a really BAD sign when looking for a host... I suggest you avoid that

My suggestion - look in the Hosting Offers section on the forum and see what offers are in your price range.

You say you need more than 500mb disk space. How much total?

You currently have 'unlimited bandwidth.' You might want to search the forums for discussions regarding unlimited bandwidth.

How much bandwidth do you actually need?

What is your budget?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

How much traffic are you using? You have forums or any other pages using php and mysql? How about email? ...newsletters maybe? ... and monthly budget
    Tell us this and we can tell you more
    P.S: Welcome to WHT!
    Last edited by Siropel; 10-05-2006 at 02:25 PM.
    Got Fused?

One suggestion is to avoid a host offering unlimited bandwidth and storage. Your present host offering unlimited bandwidth may the reason you are currently looking for a new host. JMHO

We dont know how much disk space in total we need, we are using 482mb of that space already, so we want to make sure we do not run out at any time in the future!

a rough guess of our monthly bandwidth is around 3-4000 mb( i think)?

We have forums and have almost 1400 members there are always people on our forums! unlimited email would be ideal and we are currently using 2 mysql db!

we also have homepages which are hosted by the company who designed it and the domain name has been transfered over to it or something like that ( im not too hot with technical jargon)

i would say £35 p/m would be our maximum budget!

if there is anything else u need to know please ask and i will tell you if i know!

hmm, you might want to consider getting a reseller plan if thats your budget since you can get a decent amount of space/bandwidth for less then 35/mo. You can also host more sites without having to pay for a second site.

At that budget you will not have problems going with a reliable hosting company. Don't go with something cheap, read more about unlimited bandwith: http://whreviews.com/unlimited-bandwidth.htm
    Look around the forums, maybe you will see a host you like ...then ask us
    I bet you didn't want a straight answer
    Got Fused?

hahaha

thanks alot guys for your reply, i will have a look around this forum, and will be sure to ask on info on any hosts i like the look of!

can i ask what a reseller plan is?

A reseller plan is a little different than a normal shared plan. It's offer is a little more realistic, and unlike most of the shared accounts it comes with more (or even unlimited) addon domains, that means you can host more domains on that package.
    You can also resell hosting for profit, you can setup each domain with it's own control panel (email, ftp, mysql etc.)
    Got Fused?

You should look for a host with minimum of 2GB or more of diskspace and atleast 50GB in bandwidth.
    EHOSTONE INC
    Ultimate Hosting Solution!
    http://reseller.ehostone.net

Quote Originally Posted by desigeek
    You should look for a host with minimum of 2GB or more of diskspace and atleast 50GB in bandwidth.

50 Gigs might be overkill for a shared hosting plan. Look for reliablity don't be blinded by just the plans.

There are a number of providers that will fit the bill in the Web Hosting Offer forums here.

Your storage needs are minimal and your bandwidth requirement is well below many of the plans listed.

Once you've discovered a host, ask about specific user experiences here.

Good luck with your site.

with your budget you can buy a reliable VPS or semi-dedicated

We have forums and have almost 1400 members there are always people on our forums! unlimited email would be ideal and we are currently using 2 mysql db!
    How many users are constantly online at one time? Most web hosts would not allow more than 25 mysql connections on a shared hosting account.

If your forums have more than 25 users online, I would recommend getting a managed VPS from powervps.com

Your budget is very realistic for what you are looking for in a host. Many hosts have representatives on these forums. If you find a host you like, PM that member or send an e-mail off the company to see what they're like. Good luck in your search!
    █► Server Bridge / Solid Shared Hosting [Comes with a domain!]
    █► cPanel
    99% uptime dedicated support instant setup unlimited domain hosting.
    █► Bridging the gap between your dreams and reality.
    █► Questions? Talk to me: sean[at]serverbridge.net