Unexpired Domain Name Theft.

My domain name jsburlys.com was stolen recently and not because it was expired. It is registered until Nov 24. There is a long ugly story about how these site changed hands with out anyone being notified by the new people but that is a whole different story.

I just right now know that my domain name has been stolen. Advice would be apprecisted on how to get it back. In the mean time I am gong to notify the Attorney Generals office in each state that I think this could be in as well as my own. I am going to talk to the lawyer handling my fathers estate for advice. I will also ask a congressman I do volunteer work for. I do not know if I will get anyhelp from these sources but I have to start somewhere.

Again...any suggestions on how to get this domain name back will be very appreciated.

Thanks
    Jon

Who wsa the registrar for your domain? Was he ICANN accrediated? If yes then you can lodge a complaint with your registrar.

With regards,
    Mandar Thoasr

domain name

I do not know if it is true or not. Two people think the registrar might be responsible. The regitrar said they are on the clock to do this and I have to reregister with them as soon as it is back. The registrar is not sure if it can be gotten back according to him. He says he has people working on it so the clock is ticking.

It doesn't appear to have been registered in your name previously, it seems your host registered it in his name back in 2003 and was still the listed registrant up until 9/9/2006. Maybe you can contact the host to see if he can shed some light on it?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

I think my last post should be removed. I have asked my fourm and alot of friends to take a peek at what is going on with my doman name. A couple of people had an opinion and I posted it but I have no idea.

The truth is I have not a single idea in the world what is going on so me posting the opinions of a couple of people is not fair and possibly highly inaccurate.

I am going to do everything I know the get what has happened investigated to try and know what is going on and get it resolved.

I have tried to contact the host many times. The emails are never answered and I never am able to get anyone on the phone. The service was with another provider. When it was under different management I was able to reach someone on the phone. The accounts were sold, ever since then it is impossible to contact anyone. When the change took place I was never notified. I found out the move took place from other people but was able to confirm this was indeed to case.

Since I did pay money for the registration, I would assume that I have certain rights to its usage during the payment period or am I mistaken?

The registration is with someone from the former host. I have talked to him and he says has someone checking into this.

Glad to hear the former host is looking into it. Hopefully you will have it resolved soon.

So your domain "changed hands", when you changed host?

The domain name appears to be with a tucows reseller based on what you said.
    It's unlocked.

Does anybody have domaintools history lookup to see if the domain name was
    transferred from somewhere/someone to tucows?

Hope it gets resolved soon. It's not going to be fixed immediately, so expect about
    24-48 hours for an answer.

From what I am seeing now:

Code:
    Registrant:
    Namesforall
    75 Broad st
    New York, NY 10005
    US

Domain name: JSBURLYS.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Masters, Host [email protected]
    75 Broad st
    New York, NY 10005
    US
    +1.2125551212 Fax: 000.000.0000
    I can tell three things:

- Phone number is not valid (remember all those '555' numbers in all movies?).
    - Zipcode is not valid for this address.
    - There's a datacenter (among other offices - try googling this address) at 75 Broad St, NY 10004.

Smells little fishy to me....
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

A Google (verb) finds the [email protected] addy is also used by a Mister Ben Dover of DIGITALPROVIDERS.NET with a data center at 75 Broad St and a real phone number.

http://whowas.in/?www.digitalproviders.net

DIGITALPROVIDERS,

Huh, that name came up a huge amount of them when I was trying to find out here my site had moved to. This is confusing?

Just wondering, I can't imagine this happening, with all the legal contracts and such. How does stuff like this happen anyways, because I'm amazed that it does...

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh

- Phone number is not valid (remember all those '555' numbers in all movies?).
    - Zipcode is not valid for this address.
    - There's a datacenter (among other offices - try googling this address) at 75 Broad St, NY 10004.
    I thought 555 was just a fake area code the area code for that number is 212
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

If I start providing informatoin.

Can some people help me sort out what is fact from fiction in the things I might find and what people tell me?

we'll try.

Ok,

The first thing I need to sort out before moving foward, can someone tell me who has this domain name. jsburlys.com

And how they could have possibly got it? It does not expire until Nov24.

someone had access to the domain account, and changed the registrant information.

Registrant:
    Namesforall
    75 Broad st
    New York, NY 10005
    US

Administrative Contact:
    Masters, Host [email protected]
    75 Broad st
    New York, NY 10005
    US
    +1.6463835199 Fax: 000.000.0000
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenShot_208.jpg  

http://whowas.in/?www.digitalproviders.net

Just to be clear. This is one and the same person?

If it is, he has my domain name on a site called park.com

Am I looking at this correctly? I am guessing Steve is his registrar? Steve is the one that registered this domain to me.

I wonder if his customer could have someone how done something to take the domain that was made easier because we both use the same person to register the domain???

Or am I looking at this all wrong?
    Last edited by jonsidneyb; 10-05-2006 at 10:49 PM.

Steve said he is trying to get this back but I am thinking this is going to cost me. I think I am going to get hit with billable hours for him to try to get the domain back from this Don guy.

make sure you have LOCKED your domain,
    so anybody cannot theft your domain

Since I was paying the registrar, shouldn't it have been locked on their end.

it looks like the domain is with digitalproviders.net , and they have some connection to digitalprinceton.net and networkoperations.ws

here is the previous domain info for jsburlys.com:

Registrant:
    Klenert.net Enterprises, LLC
    45 Wall St
    Suite 1414
    New York, NY 10005
    US

Administrative Contact:
    Klenert, Steve
    45 Wall St
    Suite 1414
    New York, NY 10005
    US
    609.510.3665 Fax: 000.000.0000

was Klenert.net Enterprises, LLC responsible for managing your domain for you?

Last edited by CD Burnt; 10-05-2006 at 11:59 PM.

The the Domain name that is paid for was taken from my site and given to another one of their customers? Shouldn't this be easy to fix then? I wonder how a name theft like this can occur?

digitalproviders.net is using the domain name for a site other than my own. Rusko who has not ever returned an email or answered a phone since tranfered to them by digital princetion.

What is going on here???

Any Lawyers out here? I am going to take this to the attorney generals office in NY.

and if you consider consulting professionals, the these organizations return ownership of domains to their rightful owners http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/center/index.html, http://www.arb-forum.com/

Thanks HHIC,

I will use that information but I am thinking I am going to possibly have to use faster remedies.

I really need to know more about exactly what is going on because I am going to have take action now.

In fact if this is not restored by noon Friday I will be taking legal action and also be doing everything in my power and devote 2 hours a day for a year to spread the word that this can happen and if I can find out who is responcible for it.

Is it against the policy of this board to post e-mails I have on this as well as a phone call log showing how often I have unsuccessfully tried to contact the hosting service?

Contact the member lostpacket here, or get tucows (registrant) to lock the domain pending investigation.

Are you guys sure that digitalproviders is who has this domain name parked? I called them thinking I was getting ahold of a data center but It sounds like I woke of Steve, the guy who is trying to fix the problem. I called there to ask why they have my domain name at parked.com. Steve told me it was not them.

I am more than confused now.

The domain has been registered to Steve since 2003. Is this the host you had before you moved?

I was on Digital Princeton with Steve. I have no idea when it was moved. One day I tried to call Digital Princeton because of a problem and was unable to make contact. After almost a week I found by coming out here that Rusko had taken over those accounts and that Digital Princeton was not more.
    Since then I have tried over and over again to contact Rusko via phone and email with no success. I have been needing to contact them to update information with them but I have been completely unsuccessful. At first is was an answering machine, then an answering machine that was full, not it is busy signals all the time. I never moved, I got moved with out the new owner of the accouhts or anyone ever informing me. I really do not know what to do since I cannot contact the host on that issue. On the issue of the Domain Name, right now I am trying to figure out who is actually in control of it. I have been up all night having people look and get opinions. For that reason I thought I would wait up and start asking others the legal questions when offices open.

I tried calling tucows but they are not open yet.

I had to leave a voice mail with tucows.

My next question, what has to actually happen for a non-expired domain name to be taken?

Quote Originally Posted by jonsidneyb
    My next question, what has to actually happen for a non-expired domain name to be taken?
    The first question to ask is: HAVE YOU OR YOUR CLIENT *EVER* BEEN IN CHARGE OF SAID DOMAIN? What I mean is:

- listed in whois database as the owner or at least some contact (admin/tech/billing)?
    - had any control over it, like username/password to registrar's website?
    - got any invoices and/or other paperwork showing that YOU bought the domain?

???

Thank you.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

jsburlys.com. A IN 86400 69.46.226.161
    jsburlys.com. NS IN 86400 ns1.parked.com.
    jsburlys.com. NS IN 86400 ns2.parked.com.
    ns1.parked.com. A IN 10800 69.46.226.23
    ns2.parked.com. A IN 10800 69.46.227.24

IP lookup on 69.46.226.161 (the server the URL is currently pointing to)
    ---------------------------------------
    OrgName: Zipa, LLC
    OrgID: ZIPAL
    Address: 650 Poydras Street
    Address: Suite 1015
    City: New Orleans
    StateProv: LA
    PostalCode: 70130

NetRange: 69.46.224.0 - 69.46.239.255
    CIDR: 69.46.224.0/20
    NetName: ZIPACOM
    NetHandle: NET-69-46-224-0-1
    Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS0.ZIPA.COM
    NameServer: NS1.ZIPA.COM
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2005-04-27
    Updated: 2005-04-27

RTechHandle: MBR33-ARIN
    RTechName: Brunson, Michael
    RTechPhone: +1-504-200-2222
    RTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: MBR33-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Brunson, Michael
    OrgTechPhone: +1-504-200-2222
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: BAC13-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Acosta, Brian
    OrgTechPhone: +1-985-969-6049
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

You could probably get ahold of these people and try to find out who's got the URL now. They should be able to help you, they are an established (Chamber of Commerce) ISP in New Orleans.

Ok...who are these guy?

that looks the webhost that "parked.com" used.

but your domain doesn't point there now. I just checked.

it looks like some progress has been made on your domain. the contact details are changed since yesterday.

I am wondering how parked.com got it in the first place. it is good so see progress happening. I do think some action needs to be taken against those that take them in the first place. Then all this work and time will not be needed if these people are stopped.