EuroVPS - negative first impression.

I've just signed up for a VPS, paid for a year in advance, VPS was set up, I got all the welcome emails so I proceeded to configuring and tuning the VPS. 20 minutes into the process, the server dies. Their control panel says "Server is Down", fair enough... I file a support ticket almost 2 hours ago and not a word!

Luckily this happened before I moved anything over or I would be going completely crazy by now...

Hello Pavel

We are solving this since some time. A customer is doing an outbound DDOS which took us some time to find and stop. We are reloading the switch & restarting the PIX in this rack now.

Regards
    Vasili

To all affected;

Exact cause of this problem is still under investigation. It is/was an outbound DDOS who's source was quite difficult to identify.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

VL c/o EuroVPS

my VPS is back, thank you... hopefully this is the only unplanned downtime I will experience in the year to come...

Having been with EuroVPS for 6 months, this is the first time I've seen something like this happen.

Same here: first time. Other issues involved a dead switch and ofther stuff that can happen to anyone. I did not even report this as they are always already working on a problem.

Thank you for your support.

I appreciate it, and I apologize for not solving this one sooner.

Regards,
    VL