How do you create a web where people are able to create their own accounts on the site? like how do you make the loggin page, register, database, how the info is saved into the data base, etc. Is there a guide on it? if so it would be great.
You want to create a dynamic website where users can interact with the website.
A dynamic website usually includes:
1. HTML, CSS, XHTML for displaying the user interface.
2. A scripting or programming language to handle the information submitted in a web form.
3. A database to store information.
You have several choices. The popular language in this forum is PHP, but there are others:
Scripting language or programming language:
PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, Java Servlet Pages (JSP), ColdFusion, and so on.
SQL, MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle, and so on.
A pre-made script won't get you far because most programming done on websites are usually custom made.
Your question is, how is information stored in a database. Well, let's use this forum as an example:
1. I fill out this reply form where I entered my comments to this thread. I click the "Submit Reply" button. By clicking the button, I connect to your server with my comments in this text field.
2. The PHP code (which is what this forum uses) will connect to the MySQL database and store my reply into the correct table.
3. MySQL will tell PHP that storing the information was successful (or failed).
4. PHP code will bring me to the next screen, which would be back to the thread.