Globalcon Review (5 months)

OK.. just to start you off. I stopped hosting domains on this box, except for my primary domain reyreythemonkey.com (which has a blank page on it).

I've been using this server for five months now. Its a win 2003 web, Celeron 2.4, with 512MB ram, and an 80GB hd.

Signup process - signup was easy. I sent Reyner an email, saying where to contact me. He emailed me the TOS, and the things that needed to be signed. Everything was agreed to, documents sent, and Reyner called that same day. He told us that the server was being setup, and that he would send login info shortly.

After that - login info was recieved, and i logged into the server. reyner had installed sp1, and critical security updates.

I started using that server soon, and transferred all of my sites over. I was happy to see 8, 9 MB speeds. (on a 100mbit port)

About a month later (and some reboots, which are quick), I think I was port limited, to 22mbits up and down. I never questioned Reyner, but I think it was due to a digg of one of my sites. (I must've brought in too much traffic)

It didn't last that long though (maybe 2 or 3 days), and once again I saw the good speeds.

Recently, I've been shoutcasting, and the server and network handles 60-70 mbits easily. (I'm on the cogent value network) I highly recommend Globalcon for your dedi servers, because of the things I've listed.

Hope this helps people who are looking to signup with Globalcon.

BTW, I live about 400 miles away from Dallas, where the server is (C4D) and I get 20ms pings, exactly.

Thank you for review about this. please Keep us updated in the future.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Whats their website?

Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne1212
    Whats their website?
    Their website is www.globalcon.net

Hello,
    Tailseh is correct.
    I can recommend them too

Cheers,
    Beruska
    Flash Live & VoD Streaming solutions 4 All.
    RTMP, HTML5, RTSP