Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

SelectVPS Downtime -- Answers

Well, this is basically the same thing as whats going on with OmegaVPS but here is my side...

Back in June-July we got in touch with a reseller of Keith Dedazio (wrong last name).. This person really never supported me with the machines (Over heated Dual Xeons and bad OS Reloads (missing files))..

So, We got in touch with Keith around the end of July-Early August.. We started talking about servers.. and talking deals. So, Keith offered us a deal for $500.00 for 10 servers.. thats one hell of a deal if you ask me.. So we decided to take him up on this..

Well, We got the servers up within a few days and we decided to get more.. and more we got within a week... So after having ~20 to 30 servers we decided to get another 80 servers from Keith.. We pre-paid for these servers and they were all up and online within a 2 weeks... We were just about finished filling up those servers and we ordered a hundred more servers... These servers were to be put online this month in ATL, MIA, and LA (Peer1s new Dedicated Hosting facility)...

Yesterday, I got wind of a $18,000 past due invoice for the servers.. It seemed kinda odd as we dont even pay that much for our servers now.. So we questions Keith about this and we were told it was a mistake on Peer1s part...

Today While I was at work, I received a few phone calls from A. Lopez and W. Farnum.. I called Wesley back when I got his voice mail... I also tried to call Azues about this as well..

Well, We got into talking about things and this is what the outcome is now:

Someone changed the Primary Account Information into my name -> I never Ordered from Peer1, I was given Access to Peer1's MyManagedHosting.com account for Support Tickets and Support Tickets only..

Azues and Wesley Confrenced Called me tonight around 8pm CST and we talked about the servers and what not and basically, I was told "The next time we speak or see each other that it will be in court over a $98,000 bill to me." -> Why would this be to me when it was KEITH WHO ORDERED THE SERVERS AND I PAID KEITH?? Yes, I accepted a few of the TOS, Ryan accepted some, Andre Accepted some, and Keith Accepted some.. So, HOW would someone grant me access to be the PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER without my permission?!?

So, We are cut offline so are the other 200+ servers resold by Keith... Im sure you'll here about other companies and mis-haps with resellers from Keith..

I'm sure there are other companies that you'll hear from about this.. -- Its not a Network issue, its a Money Owed problem.. So Every company will have to re-pay the money due from DAY 1 (For Us, it was $199,000.00 but the amount owed is $98,000.00) -- In order to get the servers back online, this debt must be paid in full.

What my Im going to do for MY Customers @ SelectVPS is pay them back as soon as I can... There are / were over 50 customers and Im going to have to fight with Peer1 and Keith to get my money back to refund everyone..

I do apologize for this happening.. and I intend to pay everyone their money back..
      0 Not allowed!

Angry

are you kidding me? i dont want money back i want my server come back. i have a database on this server continuous updating and i need this current database!!!
      0 Not allowed!

I am in the same boat I need my data. Peer 1 indicated the MIGHT work with me if they had permission from the person who owned the account to talk to me. I would be on the phone with them in a sec if they had permission to give me my data.
      0 Not allowed!

When I got wind of this tonight after confirming it with Wesley and Azues... I just wanted to

I wish I could say "Late April Fools" but I cant Im going to try my best tomorrow to get the servers back online for 24hrs to allow everyone a chance to get their files off of the servers...

Sorry
      0 Not allowed!

i dont know what to say or what to do it was nice knowing u man i will pay for other peoples fault and u will do same
    still we were mistaken when we dreamed about low prices servers which no one can offer
    regards
    amr
      0 Not allowed!

you must fight for get servers back online asap instead of money back. we host some important sites and datas. we need that servers at least a few hours for get data.
      0 Not allowed!

Well Guys, Here is my story.

I started out as a sales person for Keiths company, and as we got more sales i started helping customs out with there problems and concerns. Keith then moved me up to tech for SteamPoweredServers. And we made a deal that I would tech for him at the price of (4) Duel Xeon 3.0Ghz with 2-4GB of ram in each with (2)250GB Hard drives with Radio 0. Which i got.

Then I noticed the client Plat. come in and noticed the problems he had. As Keith cleared this issue up with Plat i never saw much of Plat any more. Now, maybe 2 months later i noticed all the servers of keiths suddenly go offline. I contact the Peer1 to wonder what was going on, but evidently Keith got every box reformatted (even customer boxes without telling them).

Now, if you don't know me I am xDx from GameSurge IRC. I currently Co - own SteamIDBots on gamesurge. And as we are the 3rd largest botservice, So i placed 30 bots on 3 boxes (10 per box). So when keith reformatted the boxes i lost 30 bots (3x200 = 600 Channels Registered) so we lost 600 channels (Luckly we made a back up the week before so we lost only 50 channels). So we were in the hole at that time.

Come to find out Plat. had bought the whole client list of Keiths (60 - 100 boxes) for 15$/month for each box. Which made me mad as it broke mine and keiths agreement. Now, as soon as that happened I took keiths domain and put in on a DNS of godaddys for parked. 10 minutes later he calls me asking for his domain. I kindly explain to him what the deal was and he then gave me 4 new boxes. Which come to find out were the ones that was not reformatted so as soon as i got everything back up that got reformatted.

Again, I took keiths domain back and told him the same deal. He gave me 4 new boxes and put the domain on his account. Now, those boxes were shut down and now we are partly offline. We had 30 SteamIDBots ping out today due to the servers going offline and we put 30 more back up but now i can barely use my own computer due to the 200 window limit for windows.

So in all I, and SteamIDBots got majorly screwed because of this guys. And the guys name is Keith Mansfield. I have tried leaving messages, calling him, and doing what I can but I got majorly screwed.

I am now in search of a company to sponsor SteamIDBots with 3 windows boxes so we can live on and forget this mass mess this one person has caused all of us.

As for Plat. I will stand beside him 100%, Plat as for you if they decide to sue you I will personally make a trip up there and defend your case with you. I do not know how much good it will do but I and just outraged by what this person has done.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

The relevant questions now are: 1) Does Peer1 still hold our data? and 2) Is it possible for Peer1 to allow us to pull our data or to negotiate and go direct with them?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, that's interesting story among you Theventor, your company & Plat.

We don't want to sue anyone & don't have enough time to do so, we need the database that's very important to our business. Plats have to contact Peer1 or do anything else to get our server back online asap.
      0 Not allowed!

No, They will not allow that unless all bills are paid (98,000$ dollars).
      0 Not allowed!

1.) Im sure they have the servers and havent wiped them clean yet..

2.) Im planning on this first thing in the morning..

Also, Dispute all the things I have said about one certain company on here.. They haven come to me offering a hand of help on this.. -- Thank You Jay and Dnow!
      0 Not allowed!

Lets hope you can bring the servers back online for at least 24 hours to allow the customers to access their data. Looks like Keith really put you in the hole.

Best of luck.
      0 Not allowed!

Basically, I am *&(*&(*^%ed.
      0 Not allowed!

Who actually owns the servers? Are they property of SelectVPS, Peer 1, or some third party?
      0 Not allowed!

I have no idea what's the problem here ... can somebody summarize? Too many broken English in this thread ...
      0 Not allowed!

My guess is that they are Peer1's servers -- Keith just resold them and I resold from him...

Keith told me before that the servers are his and he "rents" the CPU's from peer1 (Yes, I know thats a crock of ----)
      0 Not allowed!

is it possible to rent the server from peer1 for one day?
      0 Not allowed!

Not sure. Maybe, but the bills have to be paid some how. So much of used B/W it is amazing :/
      0 Not allowed!

they won't talk to you at all about the server or the data without the permission of the actual account holder and since we are all contracted with selectvps, they won't talk to us. Now I don't know if we need Robert's permission or this Keith person now.
      0 Not allowed!

Karri, Keith placed the hold to Plat. But now they wont talk to Robert because of how much he owes. They are preparing to file a law suit.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I am really sorry for that. You were a nice company and I liked your deals. When am I going to be refunded? (jagelski).
      0 Not allowed!

lovely. so we really are screwed.

what or who exactly is Plat?
      0 Not allowed!

Plat = Robart, Owner of SelectVPS. No one has been screwed. We are in a group of 5 people trying to fix this issue as fast as we can.
      0 Not allowed!

Plat is a shortened name for me.. PlatinumN23 (dont know why.. i guess theventor (matt?) is too lazy to type PlatinumN23 or Robert )
      0 Not allowed!

so does that mean we are screwed?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Theventor
    Plat = Robart, Owner of SelectVPS. No one has been screwed. We are in a group of 5 people trying to fix this issue as fast as we can.
    Got ya. So we pretty much wait and hope that by day light Peer 1 hasn't wiped the machines and that they will give us time to backup the data. Heck, if they want to give us access to the data in the dead of night, I am all over that. The sooner the better.
      0 Not allowed!

I really need the data asap :/
      0 Not allowed!

Robert I just gota say I'm F*cked if I can't get backup from my server man. I had 2 major sites running on that server with over 180gb of data, which I worked 1 year 24/7 to collect them! I dont want refund, just manage to get me a backup, I'll even pay extra for it. Please do something so at least we can get a backup. I'm having a heart attack here man
      0 Not allowed!

This is unbelievable....

I have been a customer of selectVPS for a little over a 4 days... And i just managed to migrate all accounts to the new server...

I dont care about that data as i still have backups, i just want a refund....
      0 Not allowed!

Okay Guys,

Put it this way. We are working on getting you the refunds. I don't even work for this company and I am helping Plat (robert) to get you, your money back.
      0 Not allowed!

Man f*ck the money get us a backup!
      0 Not allowed!

holy...

dammit i need a backup too!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by irpr
    Man f*ck the money get us a backup!

same boat man we are all on same boat
      0 Not allowed!

Alright.. All I need is a simple file. If I need to phone f*cking Peer1 to get it give me a number. Otherwise I will check back tomorrow and see what is up.

I have been loosing money left and center and I guess it is time for me to upgrade and just buy a server from a DC.

- Steve
    Last edited by Dub; 10-05-2006 at 01:03 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Peer 1 wont speak to you because you are not the name on the account. I have tried, talked to every one in Peer 1 that I could get on the phone. They claim they need the permission of the account holder to even speak to us about the data.
      0 Not allowed!

Robert please ask them, see if we can contact them and pay them to get our back up man!
      0 Not allowed!

Guys, you dont understand. Peer1 doesnt work like that, best bet is to wait till we can resolve this issue. We are handling it, so please do not fret.
      0 Not allowed!

Buddy do you understand how f*cked we are???
      0 Not allowed!

Alright.. I just need a steady update if possible Robert. So I can notify customers. For now I shall move my stuff over to my other server.. Though that backup really would mean ATON too me.

- Steve
      0 Not allowed!

I plan on speaking to Peer1 about this situation tomorrow..

I am hoping that I can get Peer1 to put the servers back online for everyone to get their backups from them.

I've seen something like this happen in the past and the provider granted the users 24hrs to get a backup from the servers -- Which is great news if i can get the same thing to happen..
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast