Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OmegaVPS.net down [MERGED]

Our main webserver which hold the OmegaVPS website, billing and support system is currently down. We are currently working with Peer1 to rectify the problem.

Thank you for your patience.

Not able to reach omegavps

There is a massive outage in the Peer1 Miami data center right now that hosts the omegavps.net site and has been a problem for close to two hours now. Although our server is with selectVps, our server is down too since both are based in the same data center. tracerts to us and the omegavps.net site both fail after the 66.132.255.22 ip:

6 7 ms 8 ms 8 ms sl-bb20-mia-14-0-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.8.22]
    7 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms sl-st20-mia-12-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.2.195]
    8 22 ms 18 ms 18 ms sl-peer11-10-0.sprintlink.net [144.223.247.30]
    9 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms oc48-pos1-0.mia-89p-cor-2.peer1.net [216.187.124.157]
    10 24 ms 22 ms 21 ms 216.187.124.154
    11 22 ms 22 ms 22 ms 66.132.255.22
    12 * * * Request timed out.

Mark, my server, with IP 216.87.220.92, is down as well. Kindly post updates here.

Quote Originally Posted by amravit
    hello there
    you the only one i found who is down and hosted with selectvps i tryed to reach peer1 but couldnt get any one to answer me did u get to reach robert or what should we do my server down from 4 hours almost now
    amr
    We have no idea. We have a trouble ticket open with selectvps. We have also tried contacting the Peer 1 data center direct to inquire status but they can't take our calls.

Ok, I will keep this thread updated with the situation and make a note of your IP address.

Angry it's bad

www.omegavps.net

I received my VPS yesterday. Now the omegavps.net downs, my VPS downs too.

What's happening ?

Pinging omegavps.net [216.87.220.90]:

Ping #1: * [No response]
    Ping #2: * [No response]
    Ping #3: * [No response]
    Ping #4: * [No response]
    [No times available]

Done pinging omegavps.net!

My server 64.225.248.101 down ; (

Is this an issue with Peer1? Any updates from them?

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    Is this an issue with Peer1? Any updates from them?
    Peer1 is not having issues. This is on Omega's side but it looks like they are asking Peer1 for assistance. I'd imagine it is because Omega is not onsite.

Their network appears to be down. A lot of SelectVPS customer are also affected. Although at this time it is unclear if this is because of a network outage, or if the service was pulled by the upstream provider Peer 1. The Peer 1 data center is not able to provide any information on why the servers are unreachable.

Few threads splitted from other places, and now merged.

My server is down too 209.196.156.66
    Last edited by adil55; 10-04-2006 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amravit
    i have done every thing even offered money to peer1 one to answer my tikets or explain whats the porblem but nothing no tikets been answerd till now on selectvps
    i dont know what 2 do realy what to tell my clients
    amr
    Given that we are pushing 3 hours since the outage, and the peer 1 data center is refusing to give any information other than a cryptic "have Kevin call us" message... I been pretty optimistic that the problem will resolve itself, but I am now leaning towards the belief that the service was pulled by Peer 1. We just migrated our largest site over to this data center this weekend in order to go live on our site tonight, and then this happens hours before our busiest time of the year. Luckily if the worst case scenario plays out, we only have lost two days of data.

But unless we get word soon as to what is happening, we have no choice but to go to our contingency plans.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ArtieMcD; 10-04-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Mark, any update so far?

No further update at this point. I spoke with someone at Peer1 about an hour ago and am promised an update shortly.

As we consolidated our services in their DC most communications are offline. Please check back here or omegavps[at]gmail.com.

my server at selectvps is down also from around 5.5 hours now i have several sites and doing refunds regarding 100% network sla i gave to my clients i dont know what to say or what to do i cant yet reach robert
    tikets are not answerd yet
    happy i found some one to talk to because iam going crazy
    amr

My server with omegavps, 216.157.23.74 has been down for a while as well.
    However, I am pretty sure my server is located in the Atlanta datacenter, not the Miami dc. I also did a whois on my server last night, showed it was in the Atlanta dc.

Sorry to hear that. Peer1's management team is opening up a call shortly so I should get some answers. I can't go into the Selectvps situation but I certainly can and will provide information on our situation which I am fairly sure having spoken to a couple of people is the same as theirs.

Peer1 is NOT having any downtime. The downtime is intentional and billing related. The fact that at least 4 companies that I am aware of are affected should indicate it is not us but upstream. But, I understand if people are skeptical.

Both Omega and Select and 2 others that I am aware of but don't frequent WHT buy from a large reseller at multiple Peer1 locations. I have discussed this situation with two of them. The issue is with that reseller NOT Peer1 and to be fair Peer1 has been up front about it and at least are returning our calls. We have direct access to Peer1 which is how we are able to discuss things with them as we are listed as secondary contacts on the account.

No one wants to run a business this way and while in that call we hope to negotiate something with them, our customers (or us) didn't ask for this as I know that we are fully paid up (actually prepaid) and I believe Select is also.

That being said, people need to be able to run their business. I know someone will ignore this and cause problems in their haste to get out but please send your welcome email or payment information to omegavps@gmail.com (feel free to blank your password but we need at least your ip, name etc) and we will refund it in full if you ask for it.

Please do not charge back or start a dispute as that will just trigger our payment methods to potentially block it and the account. Feel free to do so if you email us and do not receive your refund before noon tomorrow EST. I will be in the car for the next hour as I am just about to leave the office but hope to be on the phone with Peer working something out on the way.

Please note, we do not have access to your account information as it exists on one of our servers... in Peer1. That is why i need your welcome email or your payment/order confirmation.

Yes I agree this sucks and yes we hope to negotiate a direct agreement with Peer1 tonight but, until then if you need to go elsewhere at least you know what is happening.

Mods. Please lock the omegavps threads in VPS and Dedicated offers until such time that we resolve this so no one else sends in a payment.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGlay
    My server with omegavps, 216.157.23.74 has been down for a while as well.
    However, I am pretty sure my server is located in the Atlanta datacenter, not the Miami dc. I also did a whois on my server last night, showed it was in the Atlanta dc.
    You're in Miami. SelectVPS/OmegaVPS was ignorant to the location of their servers until they were corrected in an adveritising thread, after which it took a few days for them to recognize the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    You're in Miami. SelectVPS/OmegaVPS was ignorant to the location of their servers until they were corrected in an adveritising thread, after which it took a few days for them to recognize the fact.
    Thanks layer0 but we are not the same company and I certainly wasn't ignorant of where my servers are. It's plain as day in the device id given by peer1.

I just wonder when will my server back online ?
    It's unfair that the trouble between your company & Peer1, all the customers like me go to the hell with the servers down.

Refund money is not the answer in business you know.

hmm... I see, for some reason the dns lookup said it was in Atlanta, oh well, it doesn't matter that much to me, wether the server is in Miaimi or Atlanta

Address: 101 Marietta Street
    City: Atlanta
    StateProv: GA
    PostalCode: 30039

NetRange: 216.157.0.0 - 216.157.111.255

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRaul
    Thanks layer0 but we are not the same company and I certainly wasn't ignorant of where my servers are. It's plain as day in the device id given by peer1.
    Were you working for SelectVPS before? platinumn was unaware where his servers were and I see you were responding to customer questions in that thread. I can link you to the thread if you want.

edit: http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/tracer...=216.157.23.74

Miami.
    Last edited by layer0; 10-04-2006 at 08:36 PM.

yes and he started his own business with omgavps any how this not the issue layer0
    issue my server down with selectvp from 6.5 hours now and cant reach or get answers from any one
    what iam reading here regarding an issue with reseller is scary
    i have offerd peer1 deal which was how much money u want how many servers
    do i need to buy to get same prices select offer
    the answer was scary none at what ever cash i pay nothing could get me same prices
    i dont know what 2 say
    amr

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Were you working for SelectVPS before? platinumn was unaware where his server were and I see you were responding to customer questions in that thread. I can link you to the thread if you want.

edit: http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/tracer...=216.157.23.74

Miami.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast