Windows Explorer will not load

Installed a new wireless adapter today and installed drivers + software. restart the comp and I got a registry error which i clicked ok to. I then clicked on a user to logon and it loads the default XP background and thats it. I did ctrl + alt + delete and other processes are running just not explorer.

I tried starting explorer through the 'new task' button, but nothing there, I tried in safe mode and it still doesnt load anything. Tried debugging mode and crashes before the xp logon screen (Windows is starting up part). I then tried the Last Known Configuration option and that doesnt work either.

What can anyone suggest? bearing in mind I cannot get access to my computer or control panel or and folders at all. The only other option i can think of is a windows re-install (not format).

Thanks, any help greatly appreciated.

England, UK, EU
    Turn on your computer and keep tapping F8 untill an options screen appears. Then select the "Safe Mode" option.

Once it loads, and you're logged in, it should present a message asking whether you want "Safe Mode" or "System Restore" - choose to use System Restore. Then simply follow the on-screen instructions to roll back to a date before your driver was installed. Nice and easy

you aint the only one

well a friend of mine is having the same issue Problem is it does it in safe mode too. Tried 3 Full Installs Re-partitioned the drive, Slow format (I never trust Quick format!) and it will seem to be working but as soon as u install something that requires a reboot Whether it be drivers or Windows updates or programs When it reboots Explorer.exe is not running and if u manually start it. it instantly closes before it even loads the desktop or the Start menu. Ran a Chkdsk /r and /f and nothing
    Checked the registry Even got desperate enough to try some of those custom registry tweaks and nothing. I even went as far as to copy The Explorer.exe from another box onto that one (this is all being done remotely As my friend is currently out of state) but i have been walking em through it all over the phone step by step and via Remote admin. i am considering partitioning off the first gig or 2 of the drive and Installed to the *** end of it to test for a failure that CHKDSK doesnt see (its by no means a perfect program!) and am also going to try another XP disk