My Start with ResellerZoom

**Here I'll keep you up to date with my journey with ResellerZoom - AdvancedOne Plan**

I decided to go with ResellerZoom. Last night I signed up with AdvancedOne Reseller Plan. I signed up at about 11:00PM (Center Time). At about 11:05PM I received my confirmation email it says I should receive my account info in about 24h if I payed my fee with a CrediCard which I did.

When I woke up this morning I was thinking I'll already be able to log onto my account but they still haven't sent me any emails. Well it's ok since they said they will do it in the next 24h (Time now 4:10PM).

I'll keep you up to date and later on post my URL's of web sites I host with them.

Hi

Maybe their sales department either dont work weekends or are slower than usual, maybe you will get it tomorrow

Keep us updated

Good Luck
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Yeah, their sales/billing dept are closed on weekends. It does state this on the contacts page.

When I woke up this morning I was thinking I'll already be able to log onto my account but they still haven't sent me any emails. Well it's ok since they said they will do it in the next 24h (Time now 4:10PM).
    Did it say 24 business hours or just 24 hours? You might have to wait until tomorrow since their billing/sales department is closed on weekends.

Honestly I don't think that is a +. I'll keep you updated.

Here is the email.

"This is not your account information email. You will receive your account information including username, password, and IP address within 24 hours of the receipt of this email if you are paying by credit card. If you are paying by check or money order, please see below for further instructions."

But they are still doing ok it's 5:06PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoaddi
    Here is the email.

"This is not your account information email. You will receive your account information including username, password, and IP address within 24 hours of the receipt of this email if you are paying by credit card. If you are paying by check or money order, please see below for further instructions."

But they are still doing ok it's 5:06PM.
    You should get your welcome email by 11pm I hope

UPDATE

I came home at 9:00 and yes I received an email from them. It is the temporary account login info. They said from this point it is going to take them 24/72 hours to fully finish the set up. I think right now I can't add domains (but I am not sure about that).

As I'm updating you I'm also keeping a "info log" for myself.

I'll keep you up to date and as I said as soon as I ad my site and other domains I'll send the urls.

I wonder why it is taking them so long to finish the setup.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

That is too long for an additional 72 hours.... (tell them there is something called automation )
    Well it is just the start, so setup could take time frome one provider to another. would be intrested to know how their sales responds during business hours. call and check if there is a way to speed it up. it might be setup sooner than expected they just want to allow themseleves time in the event they run behind or run into problems. keep us posted thought
    Web Hosting Review - Real Reviews by Real People Submit your company and get a link to your site, Read Reviews GET YOUR Voice HEARD and REVIEW your HOST NOW!!! Check out our IT Blog Tips & Tricks

Has anyone ever heard of fraud orders? Automation isn't the answer. Some companies don't have 24/7 billing/sales. I think RZ clearly writes this on their site and their email simply lacks that information. It's probably a simple oversight on their part.

Tomorrow is Monday, just email their billing department and ask what's up.

The only thing I dont really understand is why the 72 hour delay? Its fair enough that their sales dont work weekends, but if they had the time to setup the "basics" of the account, why not the full account?

From what the OP has said, he can't actually do anything in the account anyway, so its pointless them setting up until they can do so fully. And 72 hours to complete the setup of a WHM reseller account? Well thats just , even if that included DNS proporgation, it wouldnt take anywhere near that long, its just a few clicks of the mouse in the root WHM nowadays...

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

When they say 24 to 72 hours, are they talking about settting up the account of about the domain propagating? Because in the Welcome-mail I got they state:

After your domain has finished propagating (24 to 72 hours), you can login to your account using the above URL.
    If you recevied the email with the subject "Account Ready" you can login and setup accounts, etc. Everything is ready. The 24 to 72 hours have nothing to do with Resellerzoom, just with the time it takes for your domainname to be propagated properly.

Did you order a new domainname or did you have to change your name-servers from an existing domain?

I would like to make something clear. This post is just my story with RZ. I'm not complaining I'm just telling you what is going on. Yes I would be happier if my sites were already online but this is not the purpose of this post. I'm just letting you know how things are going.

I choose to name my name servers, and I tried to add new accounts but it didn't work. Let me try it again and see if it works. But the questions is can I add more accounts if my domain name isn't ready yet.

So let's see what is going to happen

And I'll try to point my main domain with them now as well.

now when i go to godaddy and try to edit the hosting summary i can't enter the IP for the name servers....i can enter my nameservers but not the IPs..am i doing something wrong???

ok since i didn't feel like wasting time with my name servers and since i had problems with godaddy (id didn't accept my IP...or i coudn't enter any numbers in the IP fields) i just went with the name server RZ gave me.

i know, i know i like to give up so early but i really didn't want to seach the net 'till 7am to figure out what the problem is with godaddy or with me and maybe i can change the nameservers or add my own later on

Ok guys again a new thing learned. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 5.0 and I was tying to change the IP with godaddy and as i said it didn't let me do it...well i had to swich to Explorer in order to put in the IPs i don't know why firefox didn't let me do it.

I would have expected better. It's just cPanel, it doesn't take that long... it's not a complicated virtual environment or anything..... just a reseller.

By the way, Firefox 5.0 doesn't exist to my knowledge.

Everyting is ok now..i'm just waiting on my name server to be registered with godaddy (i guess that takes some time). I did contact RZ to change my nameserver since i had to change the name and they did that in a minute....so that was very good done and very fast.

Ahh yea the Firefox version/problem:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7)