DPMS Hosting - Opinions

Hi, I'm presently looking at moving to a reseller account in the $7 - $15 p.m. price bracket. I've no illusions as to the level of quality you're likely to get at that price range, but would sill like something that is going to be pretty stable nonetheless.

DPMS Hosting looks interesting and I've done some research on it. It's relevantly new, so reviews are scarce, however what is out there has given me the impression that they started well and started going downhill on uptime, etc from August. Can anyone give their own experiences with them - good, bad or somewhere in-between?

Additionally, if anyone would like to make any recommendations for other resellers in that price bracket, that too would be very much appreciated.

There are many choices in the price bracket. If you are already worried about them going down hill then they may not be the best host for you. When you do find a host of interest, be sure to send lots of presales emails, ask a lot of questions, and make sure they have a money back guarantee, just in case...
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Sorry, havent heard about them before. However, there are many good hosts out there. If you can list your requirements, it's better to suggest you providers that are suitable with you

Never used them, but 2 GB of bandwidth and 100 GB of traffic at $5 for a reseller account seems too oversold for my taste.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Lubby
    If you are already worried about them going down hill then they may not be the best host for you. When you do find a host of interest, be sure to send lots of presales emails, ask a lot of questions, and make sure they have a money back guarantee, just in case...
    Sound advice, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    If you can list your requirements, it's better to suggest you providers that are suitable with you
    Nothing really all that special; Linux hosting with the standard features CP & WHM, PHP, MySQL, overselling enabled, fantastico, DNS, fixed IP (as an extra), mailing lists, etc - with relivively decent up-time and HD space/bandwidth.

ResellerZoom seems to be the most reccomended, but the budget packages appear to throttle server-side scripting from accounts here and their advanced packages are just that little bit too rich as yet for my blood.

how much space and bandwidth are you looking for?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    how much space and bandwidth are you looking for?
    I think 2 Gigs space and 50 - 75 gigs transfer p.m. would be more than enough.

dpms hosting is very bad. Support is non exsistent and I asked for a refund but they wont give me although they have a 90 day money back guarantee.(it says on their website)

stay away from them.

You should be able to find a webhost that provides a decent support service for ~ 2GB storage and about 50GB of bandwidth within your price range as there are plenty of hosts offering reseller plans and there is likely a host that will work best for you.

Choosing a host that offers some kind of money-back guarantee is a wise choice as it will let you try out their quality of support without risking too much from the bank!
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

If you are looking for a host at that price, qoozz.com, may help you, though personally it isn't a wise move to sign up to that sort of deal. Would look at increasing what you are willing to pay by about 2 to 3 times.

Hope that Helps
    redihot.com | low cost quality hosting
    Looking for a web hosting solution? Gain complete satisfaction today.
    With our 99.95% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Monitoring, Friendly Support, Cpanel/Fantastico, Domains and much more, why wait?