Multi C-span ip hosting ....

Hi all,

I have used the search function but had no luck so I thought I would simply post here and see.

I am looking for the following:

multi domain hosting with multi C-span ip ability.

I prefer Plesk to Cpanel but can live with both.

payment via paypal would be great.

So can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Or do I really need multiple hosting accounts?

Regards

Patrick

Find a host that has servers in several different datacenters and see what they can work out for you. You shouldn't need multiple accounts. Also, some hosts might not advertise that they have geographically dispersed servers, but if you ask...you might be surprised.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Thanks for that Ah-Tina,

ok I can understand that logic.

And recommendations?

How many IPs do you need on different C Blocks?

I think that Tina misunderstood your request, since you need the different C blocks on the same server to spread it on the different domains.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Thats right Jedito,

I have no idea would would be reasonable, but anything between 2-4 would seem a great improvement to what I have at the moment!

That said, I do not know how much each c-span would cost ... but 10 would be great !

Regards
    PAtrick
    Last edited by Patrick Berry; 10-04-2006 at 06:57 AM.

I suggest to contact to the hosts of your choice (I'm don't know what are your requeriments other than the IPs) asking this same questions, I don't know if any host does have listed this information on its website
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    How many IPs do you need on different C Blocks?

I think that Tina misunderstood your request, since you need the different C blocks on the same server to spread it on the different domains.
    No, I understood his request. He doesn't need all of his domains on the same server.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

As far as I can read, he does
    multi domain hosting with multi C-span ip ability.

As far as I can read, he does
    Nope, just says multi domain hosting. Doesn't say they have to all be on the same server - although with some clarification from the OP, it may be what he's looking for.

--Tina

Ok, a Multi domain hosting account on different servers

You don't necessarily have to have accounts at different data center's. Any major web host will have more than enough C classes. You'll just need to ask their sales department to see if they'd be willing to accomodate you here.

Ok, a Multi domain hosting account on different servers
    What's the problem? That wasn't very nice.

--Tina

He needs a multi domain account, not differents accounts on different servers.

ok thanks so far.

to clarify.

I do not care if its on the same machine of across data centers, but I would appreciate one account, with one login ect to really simplify admin.

Can anyone recommend possible hosting companies that do or might do this?

Hello Patrick

As it was suggested before, try contacting to the host of your choice, probably you wont have a problem finding a host having more than 1 C block on the same server.

Why do you need the ips in different C-Classes?

If this is for "SEO" , it's a myth and you would be better saving your money.

For every person you find that claims ranks different based on ips you will find hundreds of thousands who prove it wrong.

-Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

I am looking for the same thing for SEO purposes and I do believe that if a search engine see interlinking sites all from the same class c ip they will devalue the links. It might be a myth but I have never seen it proven either way.

On this topic I recieved a reply from a perspective hosting company but I don't really understand it that well.

As far as the different class c IP's, we can give you your 10 IP's in two different c class blocks. I hope this will be ok and we will need justification.

I don't understand, with site5 they gave me 3 additional ip's for SEO purposes, then when I asked for two more they said no and that I should not have recieved the first 3. I also maintain another small hosting account with another company and they gave me two seperate ip's with no questions asked.

As for ARIN rules (the entity who regule IPs in America) you should give a justification for the usage of the 80% of the assigned IPs.
    Unfortunately, too many companies does offer dedicated IP without any kind of justification as a part of their hosting packages.

As for ARIN rules ...

Hence the reason he's going to have a hell of a time finding a "major" host that's going to give him one affordable account and many IPs from several different class Cs (btw, they're not actually using the term class c anymore - it would be a /24).

He'll probably have a much easier and cheaper time going with a small to mid sized host that has a few servers across different datacenters, where he could get one billing account and the host could setup a few accounts for him across their servers/network. But, since you insist on saying he doesn't need multiple accounts across datacenters, you would be the expert here, eh?

--Tina
    Last edited by Matt; 10-07-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jg123
    I am looking for the same thing for SEO purposes and I do believe that if a search engine see interlinking sites all from the same class c ip they will devalue the links. It might be a myth but I have never seen it proven either way.

On this topic I recieved a reply from a perspective hosting company but I don't really understand it that well.

As far as the different class c IP's, we can give you your 10 IP's in two different c class blocks. I hope this will be ok and we will need justification.

I don't understand, with site5 they gave me 3 additional ip's for SEO purposes, then when I asked for two more they said no and that I should not have recieved the first 3. I also maintain another small hosting account with another company and they gave me two seperate ip's with no questions asked.

Most larger hosts will give you maybe 2 IPs with no justification, but more than that and they're probably going to question it. If you tell them "SEO", they are probably going to say 'no' - since that is not proven and most likely a myth.

--Tina

He'll probably have a much easier and cheaper time going with a small to mid sized host that has a few servers across different datacenters, where he could get one billing account and the host could setup a few accounts for him across their servers/network. But, since you insist on saying he doesn't need multiple accounts across datacenters, you would be the expert here, eh?
    He doesn't need different accounts across of differents datacenters, you can have differents C classes on the same server. And the OP stated that he wanted a account with only 1 login, and you insist that he needs differents accounts on differents servers.
    Last edited by Matt; 10-07-2006 at 06:44 PM.

you insist that he needs differents accounts on differents servers.
    I said no such thing. In fact, I said "although with some clarification from the OP, it may be what he's looking for. " in regards to one account on one server.

My point is that it might be EASIER TO FIND and CHEAPER to do it the way I brought up. You keep knocking it down and posting little "rolleyes" icons directed at me. I'm suggesting an alternate way, not THE only way.

--Tina
    Last edited by Matt; 10-07-2006 at 06:44 PM.

So it seems that multi hosts is probably the only way to get lets say 10 differnet c-span ips ...

to those that have questioned the seo need of this,

I would recommedn doing a search for google patents and cpsn ip ranges.