Urgent: Folders and Files Permission(chmod) Problem!

Hello all,

My server have php/apache injection yesterday and changed all the files and folders to chmod 777, but when i try to create new folder using file manager -> cpanel, by default the folder should be chmod 755 under public_html, but now the folder is automatically set to 777 and even others folders and files also having the same problem, for example i create new account through WHM, all folders n files are chmod 777.

May i know how to fix it back by default ??

Thanks.
    TheGigabit.com - Malaysia Hosting Provider
    TheGigabit.asia - Hong Kong Hosting Provider
    Dedicated Server * Server Co-location * Cloud * VPS * IP Transit * Managed Services | MSN Messenger: west.teoh(at)thegigabit.com

Hi!

Default user permissions are set by the command "umask". Try to log
    in as root and type umask and the same for a user. It should output
    022. at least it will help to make sure that changes weren't done on root level...

but ngsupb most of the folders/files are different permission, for example some files are set to 775 and some are 750, this is the default setting on "cPanel", is the umask work with cpanel? and how to change the existing files permission as in almost whole server files/folders got affect and changed to chmod 777. I need to do it manually 1by1 or you have some better way/idea to do it?

Thanks
    TheGigabit.com - Malaysia Hosting Provider
    TheGigabit.asia - Hong Kong Hosting Provider
    Dedicated Server * Server Co-location * Cloud * VPS * IP Transit * Managed Services | MSN Messenger: west.teoh(at)thegigabit.com

sorry, I meant for new files created from ssh.

Cpanel keeps files and folders for new accounts in skeleton folder.
    These files are used to create new accounts.
    Please check the option "Skeleton Directory" in your WHM, there you will find where these files are on your server.
    Your should check if the default permission weren't changed on them then.

Also you will have to change the existing files permission manually or write some script to fix it.