Thread: layeredtech.com

layeredtech.com

Very, very bad support!

Downtime - 5 hours, not answer by email and ticket-system. Phone don't answer.

Cheap servers - bad support

--
    Andrew

Thank you. We know :-)

We have set of servers in various datacenter:

- softlayer.com (very good support & hardware)
    - liquidweb.com (good support, very good hardware)
    - servermatrix.com (normal support, very good hardware)
    - LayeredTech.com (bad support, bad/good hardware)

Quote Originally Posted by dnp_admin
    Very, very bad support!

Downtime - 5 hours, not answer by email and ticket-system. Phone don't answer.

Cheap servers - bad support

--
    Andrew
    Confirmed I called them for you just to see if maybe they were ignoring your call personally~
    1-866-230-0800
    Option #5 for tech support!
    The call was dumped into voicemail no humans there at 2 am to answer the phone!! Not good Not good~

Yeah, I hate them and had awful support experiences with them as well. But, let's be fair...they don't claim to offer phone support. From their website "Technical support and abuse is available via our online ticketing system only (email-based) . We do not provide technical phone support."

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I haven't had problems with them so far, there was one month when I had problems with the bank and couldn't transfer the money in time on the card I'm paying them with so I mailed them telling them It'll take a max of 48 hours for me to pay. In a few hours I had a reply stating there is no problem as long as I tell them about it.
    Got Fused?

Yeah they are an budget provider and you will get what you pay for. They clearly mention email support only, and it simply means you have to wait a lot, compared to phone support.

6 hours without the answer are poorly.

Phone call needs to be woken support

BTW. We work with layeredtech 2 years.

There's nothing more you can do. Just wait.

What's the problem with your machine?

Also, don't reply to your ticket (if you are), it pushes it to the bottom of the support queue.

Problem with hardware RAID

I know they have been having tiny problems lately, but everything should be fixed.

You might just be in a queue as a problem with RAID is not a serious machine defect, but still, they should at least update you.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoboffin
    a problem with RAID is not a serious machine defect, but still, they should at least update you.
    Its serious if his server is down and he can't get support for hours. Managed or unmanaged, not getting support for hours on end is unacceptable.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I fully agree. If any server is inaccessible for any period of time it becomes his number one concern, and I'm sure it becomes Layered Tech's as well. That's why I believe his machine is still online.