Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    37

    Hacked or Gettext?

    Hi folks.

    An odd thing has happened to my RaQ3i. I'm not quite sure how, when or why it's happened. All I know is I installed getted then configured PHP4 to work with it then strange things have happend with my control panel.

    All the text has turned into some sort of wierd short hand. And now it says "cobaltCubeName" where it normal says "Host Name" in the gerneral setup. In the cpu usage it says:

    swatch_cpu_body_defcon_1

    swatch_cpu_load15
    swatch_cpu_info
    swatch_cpu_uptime 9swatch_cpu_uptime_days12swatch_cpu_uptime_hoursswatch_cpu_uptime_and25swatch_cpu_uptime_minutes


    I'm not sure is it's Gettext but it's the only thing that has happened since it was working OK.

    Any help would be appreciated, because now the DNS is next to unusable the codes are just too cryptic.

    Thanks, Rob.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    256
    hmm.. Strange. I have had cryptic codes appear in the control panel a few times, but usually reseting the browser or trying another browser solved the problem.
    Old man of the hosting world..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    38

    Odd behavior of the RaQ Control Panel, etc...

    Originally posted by hitspot hmm.. Strange. I have had cryptic codes appear in the control panel a few times, but usually reseting the browser or trying another browser solved the problem... HitSpot Web Services - Web hosting - Customer support is our #1 priority.
    What can be done about the odd codes in the Control Panel? How often does it happen Rob Johnston? With myself it happens not too often but should not happen at all. Does Cobalt/Sun have a free software upgrade?
    Last edited by Trader; 06-16-2002 at 12:43 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    37
    Hi folks.

    It's not intermitant, at the moment it's constant and all of the text is in this shorthand. I have found 1 reference to this on the cobalt site here.

    It describes the postgres db going out of line. I'm guessing the text is normally processed thru the database then outputed to the browser.

    I did do the meta-verify which fixed one of the databases but hasn't solved the problem.

    Ringing Cobalt and getting them to do it looks like it might be the solution but I'd don't want to if it's something I can do.

    If you want a chuckle check out a picutre of my dns control panel here.

    Cheers, Rob.
    Last edited by robjohnston; 06-16-2002 at 07:43 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •