A few questions and a few problems about a speed issue.

My provider (wont name) has given me a "speed test" link to show my clients so they can test their speeds. Me knowning that the network I have with them is the same as the one I use in my colocated server. Anyways more to the story it seems that clients who use the speed test link that my host gave me is FASTER yet by alot than clients downloading on my server. For instance

Client #1 downloads 600kb/s from the speed test yet when downloading something off our server the same Client #1 having no other downloads in place goes 200kb/s and so on with many others. I tried submitting a ticket to my host but they say nothing is wrong this is stressing me out as I have PLENTY of bandwidth (60mbps capped w/ 100mbit port) what do you think it can be?

Should I go to a gige port or get a 60mbps burst? I currently do 5.5mb/s everyday / all the time as my max is 7.5mb/s so I dont see why my clients speeds are so slow because its def not them. The whole "traceroute" process is annoying and not worth it if its fast on the http: // link that they provide it should be fast on any other server capabable of holding the clients download.

Maybe they're giving you a link to a uncongested part of their network, while your on the congested part?

Any other clients have this problem?

If you PM me a link to the file you were given both from the company and yourself I'll test it for you from 3 different servers in 3 different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne1212
    Maybe they're giving you a link to a uncongested part of their network, while your on the congested part?

Any other clients have this problem?

If you PM me a link to the file you were given both from the company and yourself I'll test it for you from 3 different servers in 3 different locations.
    Didnt think of that , yet I should ask my salesman tomorrow about it.

Yes, many others about 75% of them. Though they still reach high speeds I have to give them access on multiple-logins to reach their max for instance this client in the UK I dont expect him to have fast speeds from there to here but he showed me proofed that from the speed test I gave him he went 500kb/s and from one thread downloading on our server he went around 74kb/s which is a huge difference ...luckily I told him I can give him 10 logins for his account so he can reach his max with a special program that can help him with that ...now each login goes 74kb/s and hes happy about it , yet it shouldnt be that way...only one thread should go at least 400kb/s if it went 500kb/s on the speed test my host gave me. Most clients will stick around if speeds were shady but if people are paying for something I dont hold back and say to myself I can make more money by not giving them the speeds they usually get...I instead want to help them gain their speed they deserved. Because all clients go through the host speed test before signing up.

I will have my friend set me one up and ill PM it to you.

Sounds like a congested network possibly, if the only way to max out the connections is by opening multiple connections...I know a server I have with FDC is the same way...only way to max speeds is by opening multiple connections.

I have a SM unmeteres server, TP server, FDC server, and one local server here on a 10Mbps colo that I'll test out some downloads for you on.