HOW should it be USed ??? Advice!

OK HERES THTE BIG QUESTION.

IM currently looking for a dedicated box to start a GAME hosting company.

But my question is : Should i really do it ?

I mean , is there any oder stuff that bring in more $$ ? or there alll the same . should i invest in it ? or its dead?

Suggest me please on ideas u guys have. ty

The GSP business is a tough one.

I played around with it for about a year, but its not worth the hassle if your just looking to make a quick buck. Your gonna need to dedicate your full time to it, as thats what it will require.

Especially considering over half of your client base are people who are just hitting puberty. Who use mom and dad's credit card. They're there one day, and gone the next.

You do get some people that are older and more stable, but you get a ton of kids. And with a ton kids your gonna get a ton of tickets asking 3 billion questions. But thats part of it.

Your gonna have a somewhat high initial upfront cost (cause your paying for the servers when you have no clients). Of course you hope to offset that in the next month or so when you start getting clients, but sometimes thats hard to do, cause theres so many GSP's out there. Your going to need to make sure you have good servers, good bandwidth (no cogent, something mixed)..Companys like Insomnia365(Part of The Planet) is nice for you if your wanting to start up as it allready had a control panel to install games for various users, and they have a great network for gaming.

Voxrox also has a nice network for the east coast, but no Game panel. However there are panels out there you can install, they just don't come pre-installed like the I365 servers.

Your gonna need to tweak your servers for optimal preformance, and know how many slots you can fit on what boxes. The last thing you want is a oversold game box. Thats a big mistake.

[QUOTE=cheyenne1212]And with a ton kids your gonna get a ton of tickets asking 3 billion questions. But thats part of it.

QUOTE]

and most likely a bunch of chargebacks from parents who werent aware of the servers bought from their kids.

yep....unless your gonna be able to really stick with it, and dedicate all you have to this service to build up a reliable client base, its not really worth the time or money.

to tell u the truth , im not looking on making Profit for maybe 3-5 months . thinking of making enough 4 to not be under 0. make nice offers lets say like (3-5) first month 14.99 , then go like 1$or 2$ under the regular prices of oder companys and start making small ammount of profit , + i aint working alone , so we are 2 on it, i know its 50% cut off but its also 50%payed and 50% less job

is there any EASIEr bussness to start with a good box of about MAx 200 $ US and is worth the invest ????

The best industry for me has been the streaming media industry over the years. It has proved very successful, but the problem nowadays is there is very intense competition, and price wars are crazy, I have a settled customer base and this is fine for me, but I still believe if you could get the right balance between pricing and service, this would be a much better industry to enter into then the gaming industry.

Its expensive to start up, but if you get it right and attract the right sort of customers at the right price, it will make profits in a few months.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

when ur saying its expensive start up , ur talking about gaming servers ?