Adult Web hosting - A few QSNS

Hi guys,
    Ive had a few enquiries with some folk who would like simple adult websites which i do not really mind doing, i have a reseller plan but im wondering whether its safe to host such a site on my server. Would you recommend it? Or should i get another one altogether specifically for adult sites.
    Then who can i use for hosting?, What rules (Or where can i view rules and regulations that protect us webdesigners/masters and adult sites)
    Whats the fair amount to charge clients who need hosting for their adult sites?
    generally i need the 411 on adult stuff.
    I appreciate any useful links.

It all depends on whats in your hosts TOS, some allow it some dont.
    However, if they do allow it you need to stick within the law, ie. have a front page warning before the users enters the site and so on.

As for price, you shouldn't charge any more than you would anyone else.

Good luck

thanks for the information.I think i will open a new account specifically for such content.

But as he's only a reseller, he might be bound by the TOS not to host adult only content, I've seen LOTS of hosts state this in the TOS.

Instead of just buying seperate resller accounts for this that and the other, have you ever thought about renting a VPS ? or even a dedicated server ?

Im sure it would work out a lot cheaper than multipul reseller accounts.
    And then of course your free to do what you please as datacenters arn't as tight on that sort of thing as maybe a normal hosting company would be.

Anyway, yet again good luck with whatever you choose

i did try a VPS with Ipower and i just didnt like the experience and as im not that big anyway,i will check the TOS of my reselling company,i think im good to do adult stuff on their server..but thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by safari
    i did try a VPS with Ipower and i just didnt like the experience and as im not that big anyway,i will check the TOS of my reselling company,i think im good to do adult stuff on their server..but thanks for the advice
    yeah - definately read the TOS and AUP that comes with your account.

Just some insight, we do adult hosting, but we require the clients to comply with the juristiction they are in. For example, if you want to post goofy niche stuff it may be against the law in the US, so we would require the client to perform due dillegence for our other jurstictions(hong kong, czech,etc.) and ensure their material does not violate any local laws there.

Beyond complying with the laws in the juristiction the server is physically in, most hosting providers do in fact shy away from adult content, as a previous poaster said: for fear of the unknown.(liability)

Best Regards,

The best thing to do is just send a email to your provider and ask them any questions you might have about adult hosting.