* What was your BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT experience with a host up to date?

Hi.

I created this thread for everyone to describe the best customer support he/she might have seen up to date.

I mean to pick their favorite web host customer support for a number of areas such as how fast they respond,

how friendly they are, if they went the extra mile and helped with website suggestions, script installations or even...yes...coding sometimes to help you the customer.

So this is the place to make this perfect host well known to others and say a thank you for their exceptional support...

So far, I have had extremely quick and helpful support for GoDaddy.com, they have always answered me within three hours of so of my question.

time to piss people off here -

Oddly enough, it was Web Host Plus. When i had a windows VPS with them, it was total junk. The best experience was in cancellation - Took me a total of 10 minutes to get my refund processed

Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

GoDaddy.com???

I have heard the worst comments about their support....

So I am really surprized to hear that. Nonetheless, I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with them, and maybe should give them a chance...

Is that the case that they have hidden charges, and they charge about things other hosts offer as standard, e.g. databases, programming, subdomains, etc...?

I haven't used it much, but IPowerWeb was my best experience. When I first signed up I was double-billed, and they quickly took care of that. Only reasons I'm not renewing are 1) their policy of not upgrading the existing accounts (e.g. you sign up with 5 gigs of bandwidth, you get 5 gigs, even if the package is bumped to 10) and 2) I rarely use the website anyway.
    -Kevin
    KG Customs - meeting all of your computer-related needs

Trains N Planes - my hobby-related forum

Beachcomber.net
    Excellent response times. I have been with them for just over 3 years and in that time I have submitted over 50 tickets or so. Responses normally come in the form of an acknowledgement of ticket (automated) and then a live person with 10 minutes after that (normally with the ticket answered or the problem solved). Brilliant response times from Beachcomber and extremely friendly and thorough.

Softlayer.com
    Only ever used their Sales Department but after submitting 5 tickets or so, I normally received a response within a couple of minutes or so from Mary. Amazing response times (I cannot believe she can type that fast). Cannot comment on Customer Support because I have't used their hosting.

Atjeu.com
    I am currently hosted with these guys but through Beachcomber who are managing my server and I make payment for the server to Beachcomber as well. Initially, Atjeu's response times to sales questions was around 30-60 minutes which is fairly good I guess. No idea what their response times are on solving problems though as I go through Beachcomber for this.

100megswebhosting.com
    My first ever paid hosting experience. Reuben (who owns the place) was very friendly and offered loads of help to me as I was a complete newbie. Response times were good (normally within 30 minutes or so) and very thorough. They treat you more as a friend than a customer. Excellent support staff.
    Gotta check out this superb site...
    http://www.thecelebritydatabase.com/forum/

Dremhost.com's support is really good. They replied very quickly nealy in 20-30 minutes.

nata2006, tell me please what kind of problem did you have with this host? Were they serious? How fast did they fix your issues?

I had some issues with upgrading of my datebase. Maybe they weren't very serious but for me they really were. They fixed it in an hour or so.

Site5 support use to respond in about 15 minutes (usually less than 6 minutes) ...but that was a long time ago ...they don't have the same quality support now. (and not the same quality services)
    Startlogic - a few hours, less than 24
    Layeredtech - 24 hours
    Dreamhost - a few hours to 24 hours
    Wirenine - 3-5 minutes via livechat
    Hostgator - 20-35 minutes via mail, very ok
    mosso.com (i'm not YET a customer), they answer in about 60 seconds via livechat, just try their support, fast, friendly and helpfull
    Registerfly - more than a week, but problem was solved
    Got Fused?

SolarVPS has been by far the best customer support... 5 - 15 min response time, always took the extra step to make sure I was content with what I had. One time I was told up front that my request would cause grief for both me and SolarVPS, and I admire their willingness to admit that... Most other hosts would allow frustration just to make a quick buck. X9 Hosting was also fairly fast support when I started out with them, then they seemed to get greedy, and slower response times...

I made a post earlier about HostNine's support. It is like an Instant Message almost Very quick.

(LOL @ hg-matt)

I would say with www.fluidhosting.com ....

Last year they migrated to another datacenter.... while it went smoother than I thought, some of my scripts did not work once we got settled...

At first, I thought oh, crap, time to bail... I figured they were having so many other issues that my situation would not get resolved.... Anyway, I put in the service request, and a couple of minutes later I had a response (they needed additional information that I failed to provide).

After that they jumped on the issue and had it fixed in about 15 to 30 minutes.... To be honest I was surprised....

Since then, I've had questions and love the chat feature they have.... they answer questions in minutes....

Guess I could also note my newsletter script that did not work once I moved a site from windows to linux hosting.... the script said it worked on both, but when I moved it did not work.... John (tech there) went so far as to look at the code to see what was wrong, but recommened that I fiind out if there was an upgrade. I found out it was because I did not upgrade the script. Once I upgraded it worked. But support like that keeps customers happy.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Toqen usually responds to me within 3-5 minutes almost any time of day.

best ever service was with perfectpresence.com (brian) 10
    servint is right up under them (jorge) 9.9
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanB-
    Toqen usually responds to me within 3-5 minutes almost any time of day.
    wow! is it just an auto-response, or full answer of your question? Also, I visited their site and seems to be incomplete (links missing) and slow loading...

Personally, I am amazed with the responses of ICDSoft...5-15 minutes for full well-documented replies...

Full response, site is incomplete right now. I think because they're working on client's sites.

Well, everytime I've been on they've written full-out responses back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by totos
    Personally, I am amazed with the responses of ICDSoft...5-15 minutes for full well-documented replies...
    Yes indeed their support is second to none - fast, polite and competent.