BAD experiences with vizonhost.com

hi

first what is cool with this hosting:

- amazing prices for space
    - all things (add-on, parked domains, subdomains, email, mysql) are unlimited for all programs
    - especially for EU people cool speed 400 kB/s and ping about 30 ms

what is BAD:

- they are totally out of security, they don't offer secure ftp, also don't have shared ssl (also their site don't have at least self-generated https certificate)
    - they CHEAT people about uptime, they restart server every week and then restart uptime counters so uptime show always 100% but if there is any downtime, they again restart counters and everything looks like 100% uptime - I hate this cheating of customers...

regards
    Last edited by Thomy; 10-03-2006 at 06:27 PM.

Please share a domain that you host/have hosted with them. It will validate your review. If you want to mainatin your anonymity, use http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=4137978 to send it to the moderating team only. Thank you!

hi

there is no need to share my webpage because I wrote about uptime cheating...

we can see it here:
    vizonhost.com/status.htm

and also here:

uppanel.com/showinfo?8061

when they restart server, they register new account on uppanel...

it's ridiculous when on "2006 year 100% uptime" statistic have server 5 days uptime for company established 9 months ago...

conclusion:

good speed, good ping, good prices, no secureftp, no https for cpanel and I hate cheating customers about uptime...

regards

Hello,

First off, I remember you saying that we dont use Secure logins for cPanel/WHM by default. This is by no means a security risk. I have been with many big name hosting providers in the past before working for Vizonhost, and none of them used it. Even if we dont use it by default, you can still login securley using https://vizonhost.com:2087 for WHM and soforth. Secure FTP requires SSH access which we do not provide on free accounts by default. SSH access can be requested and we will require some form of identification for security purposes. SSL is also available for your websites on request. Again, we were not contacted about this.

Cheat about uptime? We have recently created a live status page and added an Uppanel monitor there. You have not been with us a month yet.
    We base our uptime agreement on Siteuptime stats which can be seen at: http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...&&UserId=41594

If you want to bash us about Uptime, how about you get some facts right first. Look over our stats, we have a 99.5% uptime guarantee and that was met last month, and will be this month. If you find our server uptime has been less than 99.5% on a FULL calandar month, your next month will be free.

Our server was restarted more than normal this month because of the cPanel exploit, and a problem we encountered with a cPanel update. If you look around, you will have seen this was vital to the security of our servers. Downtime has been no more than 15-20 minutes.

In future if you have problems, I suggest you contact your provider first for support instead bashing them on WHT. Vizonhost have over 40 satisfied clients, all of which had no problem with the small amount of downtime and reboots suffered due to the recent cPanel exploit.

Chris.
    Last edited by PCS-Chris; 10-06-2006 at 12:19 PM.

hello Chris,

about security, it will be great when customers can log-on via https://vizonhost.com:2082 to cPanel, but https://www.vizonhost.com not work at all! you don't need buy SSL cert, create it yourself, it won't be signed by trusted authority, but it doesn't matter, because important is than users can log on secure and user secure ftp...

about uptime, on site vizonhost.com/status.html was uptime about 5 days and 100%, few days later uptime 2 days (restart) and again 100%... there can't be 100% when server was down/restarted..

and you want proof? here it is:

on screen we see site www.vizonhost.info and there are 2 sevices down (POP3 and cPanel), I try logon to cPanel or POP3 and yes, there are down... but what is this? service is down and still uptime 100% ? nice trick....

anyway, whe I look over this uptime "problems", you can have much more customers, because you have very good prices and very good speed and ping for europe.. you should prepare some affiliate program and I give you more customers

regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scrnsht.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboard

and you want proof? here it is:

on screen we see site www.vizonhost.info and there are 2 sevices down (POP3 and cPanel), I try logon to cPanel or POP3 and yes, there are down... but what is this? service is down and still uptime 100% ? nice trick....

anyway, whe I look over this uptime "problems", you can have much more customers, because you have very good prices and very good speed and ping for europe.. you should prepare some affiliate program and I give you more customers

regards

That is not their trick, take a look at status2k.com thats how the script works. I dont think it is possible for that script to log uptime.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Quote Originally Posted by SJRHosting
    That is not their trick, take a look at status2k.com thats how the script works. I dont think it is possible for that script to log uptime.
    I agree, you cannot monitor uptime with a script hosted on the server itself

You can setup a free uptime monitor for your web site from siteuptime.com

Hello,

Secure cPanel

Use the correct ports and you can access cPanel and WHM via SSL:

cPanel: https://www.vizonhost.com:2083
    WHM: https://www.vizonhost.com:2087

Secure FTP

Secure FTP (SFTP) is done through SSH, and therefore you need SSH to be activated on your account for this to work. As I have explained, we do not allow SSH access to everyone, we need proof of indentification and reason for use; for our own security.

Uptime

We are using a script called Status2K which allows us to monitor services, and notifies us if a service is down. The script is indeed hosted on our server therefore if the server is down, the script is down. This is no trick, its how the script works.

Yes we had some downtime last month, however it was necesarry in order to secure our servers against the cPanel Exploit - I am sure if you look around here you will see some information about it. You have no right to bash us about uptime, you can see we were well within our uptime agreement last month, and we will be this month.

Please see: http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...&&UserId=41594

Next time, please contact us first before coming to conclusions. We are a reputable honest provider, and we intend to stay that way. If you notice any service is down, then let us know and we will fix it.

I hope you have read this and now understand that we do offer Secure cPanel/WHM and Secure FTP Access, although for Secure FTP you will need to request SSH access on your account. Please open a new ticket and we can get this sorted for you ASAP.

Since this issue is resolved, it would be appreciated if this thread could be renamed or removed. We are not a bad provider.

Thank you.
    Last edited by PCS-Chris; 10-06-2006 at 05:00 PM.

I think we can talk about this over and over...

truth is:

1. you should remove from www.vizonhost.info section "uptime" because it is every time 100% and it blame people

2. you create new account on www.uppanel.com (Creation date: 2006-09-29 15:56) because old account has too low uptime...

3. siteuptime.com is USELESS because your account have checking your server only every 30 minutes because you have no money for paying for premium account...

I hope every senior member here can confirm that 30 minuts ping is not enogh for correct uptime status...

If you correct these issues, I will be glad to rename this topic and I personally will contact administrators for changing name of this topic.

Hello,

Uppanel also checks every 30 minutes, register for an account at www.uppanel.com and see for yourself. You cannot base anything on Uppanel because it has not been running for a full month. I have provided you with our FULL statistics since january this year!! And yet you persist to mock us about uptime.

Our uptime agreement is based on our siteuptime statistics, see our TOS which you agreed to on signing up with us.

The information on Vizonhost.info is Service uptime and as already explained, cannot be changed, thats how the script works "Status2K" www.status2k.com. please see what WN-Ali and SJRHosting wrote.

There are no "issues" with our service. If you are unhappy with our service, our policies or the way we operate then change hosts. None of our other customers have problems with the way we do things, and are all very happy with the level of service recieved.

Chris

In future if you have problems, I suggest you contact your provider first for support instead bashing them on WHT. Vizonhost have over 40 satisfied clients, all of which had no problem with the small amount of downtime and reboots suffered due to the recent cPanel exploit.
    I completely agree with the fact that you should contact your provider before posting within a community. Rather than immediately bashing them and posting beforehand you have your facts and details completely straight, you should contact them and confirm the issue(s) you are having and if possible, attempt to get the issue(s) that you are experiencing corrected or resolved

siteuptime.com is USELESS because your account have checking your server only every 30 minutes because you have no money for paying for premium account...
    Is that really necessary? Quite honestly its rather an advantage that the hosting company has someone/anyone monitoring their uptime in the first place. I know for a fact that some hosts (smaller companies) do not monitor or track their uptime in any way, shape or form! Personally, I believe that every 30 minutes is just fine to ping a server to determine it's uptime. It could be improved, but is better than nothing.

If you correct these issues, I will be glad to rename this topic and I personally will contact administrators for changing name of this topic.
    From what I can see, there are no issues that need to be corrected or resolved other than the fact that they do not ping their servers to suite your personal expectations? - I'd suggest this thread be locked or closed due to the fact it's really getting or moving no where.

My $00.2 .

@Techpresence

thank you for your opinion and suggestion about closing this thread

If there is anyone other, more experienced user, please write your opinion about what ping repeat time is expected for good uptime statistic.

thank you

Status2k uptime monitor is only intended for use on service uptime.
    Obviously it cannot give server uptime as if the server is down so is cron.

The script does not require HTTP to be online as it is run from cron.
    However the script will require that MySQL be online to store the downtime data.

Overall it can be useful to check if a hosting companies FTP, HTTP, SMTP and other services have a high downtime as obviously a host with good general uptime and bad uptime when it comes to mail servers will be bad for your business.

hi

where I can see uptime statistic for vizonhost hosting services?
    on
    http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...&&UserId=41594
    I see only "Bad service identificator."

thanks

ok

because guys from vizonhost again cancel account because they have again too much downtimes, I just register independent monitor, soon I will pay for 5 minutes interbal checking, so we will see here trustable statistic.

http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...&&UserId=58567

Quote Originally Posted by celliott
    ...we have a 99.5% uptime guarantee and that was met last month, and will be this month. If you find our server uptime has been less than 99.5% on a FULL calandar month, your next month will be free.
    Your terms of service now state it is 99.2%. Why the change? And why did you remove your siteuptime.com account as mainboard stated?
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

***** Great News *****

I just paid for 2 minutes monitoring of Vizonhost web hosting services...

so people, here are again links for 2 minutes checks statistic:

http://vizonstatus.run.to/

or

http://run.to/vizonstatus

if anyone want to donate next payments for this uptime statistic, contact me by private message

regards
    Last edited by Thomy; 11-10-2006 at 03:29 PM.

hi all

check our sites for statistic, for now uptime only 98.5%, so as vizonhost representative wrote, all customers should have next month free, I'm really curious if they don't lie...

of course uptime will go to higher number (if there will be no more downtimes), so we will see uptime for this month at 1st of next month...

Hi all members,

I also use vizonhost services and for today is server down for about 5 hours just for now and is still offline...

I hope it will be fixed ASAP.

Date____________Uptime______Downtime
    20. November_____96.464%____3.536%
    21. November_____99.859%____0.141%
    22. November_____99.437%____0.563%
    23. November_____31.441%____68.559%

23. November

09:31 AM - 01:10 PM Failed
    02:07 PM - 03:50 PM Failed

anyway, ok it can happens, just I'm curious if clients will have this month for free

Date____________Uptime_______Downtime
    20. November 96.464% 3.536%
    21. November 99.859% 0.141%
    22. November 99.437% 0.563%
    23. November 31.441% 68.559%

23. November

anyway, ok it can happens, just I'm curious if clients will have this month for free
    Quite honestly, I do not see exactly where this thread is going - it doesn't seem as if anyone is taking any actions in regards to this particular issue that you are having. To be straight forward: if you don't like your web hosting provider, move to a different provider; it's as simple as that. I personally believe that you are investing way to much time and effort to simply prove that the provider in question does not provide a reliable service.
    Last edited by Trophimus; 11-23-2006 at 12:00 PM.

maybe I'm hoping this will lead to better services or to end of this service by their owners...

I can't move because I'll then lost pre-paid money ;(

anyway, I do something, and hope it's ok for you

never prepay unless you've seen reputable uptime statistics, received recommendations from others that have long term experience with that company and have thoroughly checked them out yourself.

Find a host that allows monthly payments at a rate that you're comfortable with, then seek suggestions, comments and feedback from others on their service. If they have open support forums, that's a good place to start (and a good indicator that they're not trying to hide anything (tho some "less than ethical" hosts remove negative posts)). When you're comfortable, after a few months of good service, then take advantage of any pre-payment discounts your new host may offer

Just common sense, but sometimes it needs to be said
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03

Quote Originally Posted by hostpc.com
    never prepay unless you've seen reputable uptime statistics, received recommendations from others that have long term experience with that company and have thoroughly checked them out yourself.

Find a host that allows monthly payments at a rate that you're comfortable with, then seek suggestions, comments and feedback from others on their service. If they have open support forums, that's a good place to start (and a good indicator that they're not trying to hide anything (tho some "less than ethical" hosts remove negative posts)). When you're comfortable, after a few months of good service, then take advantage of any pre-payment discounts your new host may offer

Just common sense, but sometimes it needs to be said
    Completely agreed, 100%. If your serious about your website and it's home on the internet, invest some time and do your research. Always test the provider's uptime, support and look for any reviews prior to making your purchase. Even though it may take some hard work and time, it will definetly pay-off in the end (you won't end up having to deal with problems of this nature).

I'd consider this as a lessoned learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboard
    Date____________Uptime______Downtime
    20. November_____96.464%____3.536%
    21. November_____99.859%____0.141%
    22. November_____99.437%____0.563%
    23. November_____31.441%____68.559%

23. November

Hello,

This is part of our Service Level Agreement. You will need to open a Support Ticket when your invoice is due and it will be handled. As far as I am aware we do not have any Yearly or Pre-Pay customers. We only allow Monthly billing cycles unless Adam has set you up on a custom package.

Downtime today was caused by one user on the server abusing resources and has now been removed. SIM (System Integrity Monitor) has also been installed to ensure that all services stay operational and we are notified of any problems with the services or high load.

Although its nothing fancy a basic Ticketing System has been setup which is hosted externally, therefore you can still contact us if for any reason you are unable to access our main billing system. This is located at http://www.vizonhost.info. Please note this is only to be used if the normal Billing/Support system is unreachable.

Thanks.
    Last edited by PCS-Chris; 11-23-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Think ill add my 2 cents. I am actually on 2 providers one of which being Vizonhost. Ive found the service to be excellent, very very fast servers, and actually very good support, any problems ive had or queries are answered quickly and I have to give them credit for that. Yes theres been a bit of downtime the last couple of days, but it usually gets sorted out quick when there is a problem. The support is frequently online with msn if you should need to use it.

The reason im on 2 hosts is because of a very bad experience with a host I used in the past, so its kinda like a backup and also peace of mind, but I really dont have a problem with Vizonhost, and if they carry on as they have been, I shall carry on using there services, thumbs up from me.

Thumbs up

Hi,

You will be pleased to know that we have made several service changes.

First of all we are now based on a very nice server offering more functionality and performance then ever before with multiple carriers offering excellent network redundancy. Intel Xeon 3.6GHz with 1GB DDR2 Ram and Raid'd storage.

PostgreSQL has been added to our feature list, Ioncube has been integrated into Php and further security measures have been introduced.

The previous slowness issues have been eliminated and I think the average load speaks for itself... Avg Load: 0.07, 0.17, 0.16

A new reseller package has also been added, offering a whopping 25GB of UK space for 29.99/M.

Our uptime agreement has been increased to 99.8% to reflect these changes.

Again we appologise for any inconvienience caused with last month's excessive downtime. We all look forward to some good uptime on this server!

Please see our updated website for further information: http://www.vizonhost.com

Rgds,

Chris E
    Vizonhost

hi

is there any representative from vizonhost please? Emails sending/receiving not work at all for last 18 hours...

Because vizonhost don't have any phone number for support, I open support ticked, but it's not answered for 17 hours... pity, I thought these guys are online longer, than 1-2 hours per day

please solve problem asap, thanks

hm very bad, now for 24 hours email not working, I miss about 50 emails from customers

anyone have other contact to vizonhost except MSN Messenger please?

thanks

Sorry to bring an old thread upto the top.

========
    I must state that I am no longer associated with Vizonhost and all responsability is assumed with the owner Adam Hancock who you should be able to reach at mail(at)vizonhost.com. Any further PM's I recieve will not be read.
    ========

Thank You.