Simplest cart which allows dynamic items to be sold.

One of my sites hosts images from multiple users. I want them to be able to sell any image they choose. They only need to set a price for the individual images (or one price for every image they upload, etc. etc.) Do some shopping carts work dynamically so I could use a hidden form to do the folllowing:
    1. WebVisitor5 visits a gallery of 25 images from a user named JoeUser
    2. WebVisitor5 likes image #25 and he clicks the $5 add to cart button.
    3. JoeUser logs shortly after and uploads 1 new image to his gallery (#26) and sets the price to $10 for the image. This image is dynamically added and the price point is set in the cart system.
    4. WebVisitor5 refreshes the page and sees the new image and clicks add to cart for $10. He then finishes his order, purchases the items and happily has two new stock photos.

I don't want to have to hand code new items for the shopping cart. I want to pass the username, image number, image price and other important data to the shopping cart and have it dynamically "make" an item to be sold. Anyone know of products that can work this way? I'd like to do this for images, ebooks, documents, etc.
    - Find funny pictures at http://users.mtrx.net/funnypics -

Quote Originally Posted by crazyj
    One of my sites hosts images from multiple users. I want them to be able to sell any image they choose. They only need to set a price for the individual images (or one price for every image they upload, etc. etc.) Do some shopping carts work dynamically so I could use a hidden form to do the folllowing:
    1. WebVisitor5 visits a gallery of 25 images from a user named JoeUser
    2. WebVisitor5 likes image #25 and he clicks the $5 add to cart button.
    3. JoeUser logs shortly after and uploads 1 new image to his gallery (#26) and sets the price to $10 for the image. This image is dynamically added and the price point is set in the cart system.
    4. WebVisitor5 refreshes the page and sees the new image and clicks add to cart for $10. He then finishes his order, purchases the items and happily has two new stock photos.

I don't want to have to hand code new items for the shopping cart. I want to pass the username, image number, image price and other important data to the shopping cart and have it dynamically "make" an item to be sold. Anyone know of products that can work this way? I'd like to do this for images, ebooks, documents, etc.
    I believe that X-Cart works this way. You can set up multiple accounts for each supplier to log in and upload their items. Double check though to make sure it works exactly as you want it to.

X-cart Pro should be able to handle this - www.x-cart.com

Thank you BrilliantHosts and Bluedreamer. BrilliantHosts, I don't need or want "each supplier to log in and upload their items" to the cart. I need every item uploaded to my server by various suppliers to be able to be sold without any additional code. It should be done dynamically. I am researching X-Cart now. If any of you know sites with a similar setup, please pass me the url (although ideally a web visitor wouldn't be able to tell the site is set up this way)

Thank you BrilliantHosts and Bluedreamer. BrilliantHosts, I don't need or want "each supplier to log in and upload their items" to the cart.
    But if JoeUser can login and upload image #26 you need a method for them to do so!

I need every item uploaded to my server by various suppliers to be able to be sold without any additional code. It should be done dynamically.
    This is what X-cart Pro does, each supplier can login and upload their own products. After each product has been added it is immediately available for sale.

Ok, then I guess this will work for what I want. I already have the method in place and working for each individual user to upload their files. I just need to write a module that lets them set the price and then install and configure x-cart...

X-cart Pro will replace your current upload method. It goes something like this...

1. Client signs up to sell their stuff on your site
    2. Client logs in and adds their images as downloadable products with;
    - Product name
    - Product description
    - Product price
    - Add thumbnail/preview image
    - Upload image file that is downloaded when a purchase is made
    3. Client clicks "Submit" and the product is automatically available for sale

I do not need a solution to replace my current method. I am not going to reupload 10,000 images for multiple users. I either will find a cart that can work as desired, or I am going to build my own.

I should be able to:
    - Pass image name, price, thumbnail url, full image url and other data to the cart
    - The script adds that product to the session cart to be purchased

It needs to be just that simple.

I'll still mess around with x-cart just to find out, anyone have other suggestions?