Thread: Oddities?

* Oddities?

Do any of you ever find something in your home and wonder how it got there?

A few days ago, I spotted a little "thing" on my kitchen floor and wondered what it was. I picked it up, examined it (couldn't figure it out) and put it on the kitchen bench in case it "fell off something".

Then last night I saw it on the floor again and wondered how it could have fallen off the bench , so I picked it up again and went to put it back on the bench, then I noticed it was a second "thing". I now have two "things".

They sort of look a bit like miniature tophats and are grey in colour. Sure got me beat how they got there
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Do you have cats? Do you have multiple editions of Monopoly?
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Heh, no cats and no board games

pics would be good.

personally i think evil aliens are trying to take control of your household in order to influence threads on wht away from any discussion on evil alien conspiracy theories.

just my 2p
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

Furniture pieces perhaps.

Ughhhh, I should be more carefull when I enter people's houses again.

There was a story the other day about a lady who caught someone doing laundry while she was at work...

Do you go to a day job? Is someone always at your house?

I do often find old stuff that I purchased and forgot about.... I'm sure more than one man has went out and purchased a duplicate "tool" for a job only to find he had one already....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Stalker Hides Under Woman's Bed for Two Days

How about this story?

Reported by Jane Watrel, NBC

WASHINGTON D.C. -- A stalker hid under a woman's bed for two days -- just for the chance to be alone with her. How he got the keys to her house is the scariest part, and and it's a serious reminder of the need to be cautious before handing over your keys.

The disturbing video shows the convicted stalker carefully hiding his video camera on a desk in the victim's bedroom. When he hears the woman and her boyfriend come in the apartment, he disappears under her bed. Carlo Castellanos-Feria remained there for two days until he was discovered by the victim's boyfriend.

"In a lot of ways, [it's the] stuff of an urban nightmare," said Ken Wainstein, U.S. Attorney.

The nightmare started at Holy Cross Hospital where the victim met her stalker who was working as a parking valet. In court, the victim told the judge that the discovery of the valet in her bedroom was in her words -- a horrible experience.

"Her life is dramatically changed. She is fearful when she hears strange noises she doesn't know where they are coming from. Her husband, who was her boyfriend at the time of the incident, now has to be careful not to approach her from behind because it just startles her," said Keri Barta, prosecutor.

Moments before he was sentenced, Castellanos-Feria apologized:

"I fell madly in love and that blinded my judgement. I beg your forgiveness."

Judge Herbert Dixon handed down a three-year sentence, including treatment for mental illness and sex crimes. Court documents show the Hyattsville man had a change of clothes, condoms, a power cord and latex gloves with him under victims bed at the time of his arrest. He was a parking valet with an unnerving obsession.

"He got access to her keys. He then took that opportunity to get those keys copied. That's something we should all think about next time we leave our keys somewhere," said Ken wainstein, U.S. attorney.

When investigators searched Carlo Castellanos-Feria's home, they found vacation photos of his victim and a wedding video. Investigators later determined the items were stolen from her ex-husband's home.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    ... They sort of look a bit like miniature tophats and are grey in colour. Sure got me beat how they got there
    Interesting.

I have a Mr. Peanut pewter figure and he was missing his top hat a few days ago.

I got him another. And then, last night, he was missing the new one.

Coincidence?

I think not!
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostWoman
    How about this story?

Reported by Jane Watrel, NBC

WASHINGTON D.C. -- A stalker hid under a woman's bed for two days -- just for the chance to be alone with her. How he got the keys to her house is the scariest part, and and it's a serious reminder of the need to be cautious before handing over your keys.

The disturbing video shows the convicted stalker carefully hiding his video camera on a desk in the victim's bedroom. When he hears the woman and her boyfriend come in the apartment, he disappears under her bed. Carlo Castellanos-Feria remained there for two days until he was discovered by the victim's boyfriend.

"In a lot of ways, [it's the] stuff of an urban nightmare," said Ken Wainstein, U.S. Attorney.

The nightmare started at Holy Cross Hospital where the victim met her stalker who was working as a parking valet. In court, the victim told the judge that the discovery of the valet in her bedroom was in her words -- a horrible experience.

"Her life is dramatically changed. She is fearful when she hears strange noises she doesn't know where they are coming from. Her husband, who was her boyfriend at the time of the incident, now has to be careful not to approach her from behind because it just startles her," said Keri Barta, prosecutor.

Moments before he was sentenced, Castellanos-Feria apologized:

"I fell madly in love and that blinded my judgement. I beg your forgiveness."

Judge Herbert Dixon handed down a three-year sentence, including treatment for mental illness and sex crimes. Court documents show the Hyattsville man had a change of clothes, condoms, a power cord and latex gloves with him under victims bed at the time of his arrest. He was a parking valet with an unnerving obsession.

"He got access to her keys. He then took that opportunity to get those keys copied. That's something we should all think about next time we leave our keys somewhere," said Ken wainstein, U.S. attorney.

When investigators searched Carlo Castellanos-Feria's home, they found vacation photos of his victim and a wedding video. Investigators later determined the items were stolen from her ex-husband's home.
    What a school boy error, he forgot the rohyphenol

It's the squirrels!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    Interesting.

I have a Mr. Peanut pewter figure and he was missing his top hat a few days ago.

I got him another. And then, last night, he was missing the new one.

Coincidence?

I think not!
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmikat
    It's the squirrels!
    They don't wear tophats, silly....

Do any of you ever find something in your home and wonder how it got there?
    Yesterday I'm working in the office and I head out into the kitchen for a tea refill, when there's a magpie on our kitchen bench.

I didn't want to startle it, so it wouldn't fly around and break something, so I slowly opened up the big double doors that leads out onto the deck. It flew out the kitchen window.

Have to get them flyscreens fitted asap!
    ē AussieHost.com ē Aussie Bob, host since 2001 ē
    ē Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! ē

Why hasn't oddfact posted on this thread yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostWoman
    Furniture pieces perhaps.
    That's the line of thinking I am taking, only not furniture but an appliance of some sort. They are too small to support any furniture But I don't have any lopsided appliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    Is someone always at your house?
    I hadn't been out for a couple of days prior to finding the second one.

I have a mouse in my bedroom walls if you can call that an oddity. I hear it running around in there every night before I go to sleep. For some reason it's evading all the traps... smart little bugger .

Alex

speaking of weird things. In my old house before I sold it I heard a rustling beneath my stairs and found this thing coming out of the small hole by the stairs

http://www.nature.com/news/2001/0103...s/mole_200.jpg

Scared the crap out of me at first because it looked so weird but i grabbed a potato chip and lured it out until I picked it up and put it outside. It was actually rather 'friendly' and not afraid of me at all. I looked it over while it was in my hand for a minute or so and then just sent it on its way. my girlfriend was scared out of her mind haha it was great

Avail, moles are blind. No wonder he accepted a potato chip as a lure

That's one odd looking animal

yeah tell me about it, as soon as I let it go I had to research what in gods green earth it was haha, took me a good hour to find the right term to find it.

and I think it was mostly because it was a BBQ potato chip...nobody can resist those!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    I waited a bit to see if Mr.Peanut turned up too
    That's the line of thinking I am taking, only not furniture but an appliance of some sort. They are too small to support any furniture But I don't have any lopsided appliance.
    Who said it had to have more than two legs?

I have figured it out! I took a sandwich maker out of the archives to create some healthy snacks and the "tophats" just happened to fit the appliance I guess years of no use and tropical temps, shrivelled the "tophats" so they dropped out when dragging it out of the cobwebs

Mystery solved.

The mole story is pretty funny, haha. I would of crapped myself too if I seen a mole in my house!
    It's Scott!

Oddfact is playing tricks on us all.