Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frattay22
    i didn't see psm complain anywhere about the amount of tickets, they offer unlimited tickets (as you can clearly see they do) and never have a problem. i just think its absurd to be posting here that they are unresponsive LESS THAN 1 HOUR after submitting it to them. is that fair to them?? and especially at the volume of tickets they submit to them!
    But I think it was not a good business practice either from the other party. Because he just posted about it and not to forget even posted another post clarifying he was happy with their service still they just shut him down? at a time when they could have helped him out to resolve the issue he is having with the server.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, High Bandwidth Servers
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

i didn't see psm complain anywhere about the amount of tickets, they offer unlimited tickets (as you can clearly see they do) and never have a problem. i just think its absurd to be posting here that they are unresponsive LESS THAN 1 HOUR after submitting it to them. is that fair to them?? and especially at the volume of tickets they submit to them!
    You are really going over your head with this..
    How can you say i did not have any reason to act as imaptient as i was?
    I had a decision to make with the dc pressure and the bw leeching.

And you are contributing nothing to this thread...i never slammed them i never made them look bad i always talk in their favour and you are just posting random posts about me making them look bad, it is you who is escalating this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dluzion
    You are really going over your head with this..
    How can you say i did not have any reason to act as imaptient as i was?
    I had a decision to make with the dc pressure and the bw leeching.

And you are contributing nothing to this thread...i never slammed them i never made them look bad i always talk in their favour and you are just posting random posts about me making them look bad, it is you who is escalating this matter.
    if you didn't want to get psm involved in this thread then you should never have brought them up, that was your first mistake

and i never said you did not have a reason to act when you were impatient, but how does it help your situation to make psm look bad?

and yes, to me, it does make psm look bad when you say they haven't responded yet (and forget to leave out it's been less than an hour from the time you submitted the ticket) and when you say is psm good enough (and forget to leave out you've submitted 126 tickets already)

Ok so you mean i should layout my statistics for a 3rd party service and all payment history before i post anything for your sake, when you are the only person having a problem with something that certainly does not concern you.

This thread is to discuss my bandwidth problem and the only reason PSM was involved because i needed to know the source of my Bw leeching which i got.

This is getting amazingly stupid to argue with you so consider this my last response to you, this is between me and PSM i support them all the way and dont care even IF the terminate me for good my experience with them was and still is good.

Regards

Just got my account closed at PSM....wow never thought they would do this when i need them the most...

Just business on their part, cutting their loses.

"unlimited" admin time isn't unlimited, they would be out of business if it was.

Well thats business.

Hire another company...theres several good ones out there.

Im going softlayer from now on

Ok so you mean i should layout my statistics for a 3rd party service and all payment history before i post anything for your sake, when you are the only person having a problem with something that certainly does not concern you.
    I think the argument here is that it would have been best to leave PSM's name out of the post. It would have been sufficient to say, "I already contacted my server management company, and I hope they will respond soon". What you did was to make PSM look bad when you really had no reason to mention their name, as naming the specific management company is irrelevant to the situation.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Thats fine but I wouldn't plan on submitting 126 tickets to them either.
    Just about anybody is going to say enough is enough.

softlayer is unmanaged

If you don't know how to secure a server you shouldn't have one either. Other users online, like me, are the ones suffering getting our servers brute forced 24/7 because guys like you can't manage it.

Stick to a web host...

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix
    Just business on their part, cutting their loses.

"unlimited" admin time isn't unlimited, they would be out of business if it was.
    Then they shouldn't advertise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwannasite
    Then they shouldn't advertise it.

Agreed. One should live up to their obligations if they offer that type of service.

But I am sure PSM had a better reason than that for trying to cancel his account right?
    ** ByteFortress Technologies ** - Instant Setup Remote Backup Solutions
    ===== Encrypted Remote Backup Solutions with Instant Setup =====
    ** TheByteShack.com - Shared Hosting ** - 'Gimmick-less' High Performance Webhosting Solutions.

Quoted from PSM TOS;
    Forum Posts
    Posting negative feedback on any public forum about our company and/or our employees before submitting a ticket to our 'Feedback' department to discuss your issue will result in immediate account termination without any refund. Although it is your right to post feedback without discussing your issue with us first, it is undoubtedly unfair and unprofessional not to, which is not the type of client we want to deal with. We have the utmost respect for all of our clients, and are more than fair with all of our clients. We will do anything and everything possible to keep all of our clients satisfied. But in the unlikely event you are not satisfied, all that we ask is to discuss your issue with our Feedback department first. So if you are the type of person to run to the forums at the first chance you get to complain, please do not sign up with us.

That is not pertinant (sp?) in any way since the OP was not complaining about PSM at all, nor were they even mentioned until after the ticket was posted.

I am not sure why the OP is getting attacked like he/she is. It has to be one of three possibilities, people are not going back and reading, complete lack of any comprehension skills, too much pride to admit they are wrong. In any case the OP did not in any way mishandle the situation.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

I agree with Dave B: he did not complain about PSM, all he did was say in response to a suggestion from RazorBlue - Dan that he had opened a ticket and did not have a reply yet. Just meaning that he couldn't provide us with more information at the moment, not suggestion that PSM was slow.

I read his remark before PSM posted their reply and I did not see it (and still don't) as an negative remark about them. I think they truly overreacted in this case if his account was closed just for mentioning that.

Well thanks dave Dave and Til, PSM hasnt answered my email yet which i mailed 6 hours + ago i mailed them again after having a chat on msn just now...

As for my server the bandwidth leekage is lower ubt still its going at a 5-10gb/10-20mins rate.

I could really use PSM right now....

MY account there still closed no access to the client area, their rep at msn says that all they see in the notes is "account was closed as a violation of the TOS"

Hopefully ill get an answer soon.

I just wanted to clarify a few points here as our last reply to this thread

As bqinternet said
    Quote Originally Posted by bqinternet
    What you did was to make PSM look bad when you really had no reason to mention their name, as naming the specific management company is irrelevant to the situation.
    That is absolutely correct. I couldn't have said it better. There was absolutely no benefit to Dluzion to adding our name to this thread in the first place.

As frattay22 said
    how does it help your situation to make psm look bad?
    Again, absolutely correct, how could you think it will help your situation to make a negative comment about us.
    You may not think it was negative, but surely you couldn't have thought it was a compliment to us.

As wiresix said
    Quote Originally Posted by WireSix
    That number of tickets in that amount of time is just INSANE.
    I would have cancelled you long ago.
    Most companies would, but we didn't, and wouldn't. We do not have any limits on the amount of tickets our customers can submit, and never once complained about his high volume of tickets. Each and every ticket was resolved much quicker than our maximum SLA guarantee too.

As bytefortressaaron said
    Quote Originally Posted by bytefortressaaron
    One should live up to their obligations if they offer that type of service
    We do live up to our service, obviously we do, he submitted 128 tickets within 5 weeks and we never complained once.
    We advertise unlimited tickets, and have no problem delivering it. There has 'never' been a complaint against us for limiting the amount of work or the amount of tickets, anywhere at any time.

Bottom line is that Dluzion opened a ticket with us and about 30 Minutes later posted a negative comment here about our company simply because he had not received a response within 30 minutes.
    Yes, I consider his comment to be negative, but like I said, even if it is not negative, it surely is not positive, it surely is not a compliment, and is undoubtedly unnecessary.

He conveniently did not mention when he submitted the ticket, or how soon it had been when he said "no response yet", so had we not cleared this up here, anyone would logically think it had been quite a while with no response and think negatively of us as well. This is not fair to us, and we don't deserve it.

If anyone has any other questions regarding this, please feel free to contact me directly.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Well if you think its negative then thats your error not mine, i loved your service untill this very moment and never gave you a negative comment and im sure you wont understand even if you knew the dc pressure

Here is one thing to check. In CPanel/WHM check the following:

Security >> Tweak Security >> mod_userdir Tweak

see if its disabled. if not disable it

Ok well my company did some work on this. We could not lower load enough nor the bandwidth usage. The reason for both of them is there are 3 proxy sites on the server which are recieving a massive amount of hits. Most of this traffic and bandwidth is valid hits. I have recommended a loadbalancing system or moving the most popular site to server of its own
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

I did not read it as negative at all. I read PSM's reply as being a bit nasty. Why tell everyone how many tickets your client has submitted? Don't you have any sort of a privacy policy?

I read the OP's post as "I submitted a ticket with PSM but haven't heard from them yet...so I'm not sure what to do. Do I need something more than PSM or is this something they should be able to handle for me?"

He in no way, shape or form implied that he had waited too long for a reply. He merely stated that he was waiting and wondering if anyone here had any other advice in the meantime.

I think PSM over reacted here. Personally, I think PSM made themselves look horribly unprofessional in this case (letting a customer down in the midst of a crisis?!?) - the OP didn't do anything out of line at all. To me it looks like they are throwing their TOS around so they don't have to deal with a customer that puts in a lot of tickets.

--Tina
    Last edited by Tina J; 10-03-2006 at 01:19 PM.
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Thanks for the support tina, PSM did let me down in a bad situation, and now i owe my dc 200$ for the overused bw

The bw was 2tb when it was controlled...

thanks alot psm...

i owe my dc 200$ for the overused bw
    lol, dont pay it

1TB is nothing

get a decent host

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast