more murders at a school (PA)

if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

very sad, i was watchin it earlyer on the news appartently the gun man done it because he ad a grudge from 20years ago. sick BAS***D

This is getting out of hand now, gun killings in US schools is happening more and more nowadays

My sympathies go out to all those affected by this.
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

Shocking. Also heard on the radio that another is school currently in lock down ?
    Luke
    oh yeah...

The Amish shun telephones. I wonder how long it took for them to go to town and call the police.

Watched this earlier today... its getting all too common lately, not sure why... it could be a columbine copy-cat thing, but I'm reluctant to believing that.

This is so disturbing, the Amish are among the most peaceful, family and community centric people to be found anywhere. To have such violance thrust upon them is a terrible thing. What kind of grudge could this sicko have had to attack children?
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by trau
    This is so disturbing, the Amish are among the most peaceful, family and community centric people to be found anywhere. To have such violance thrust upon them is a terrible thing. What kind of grudge could this sicko have had to attack children?
    No telling, but apparently whatever it was he wanted revenge for happened to him when he was 12.

This is really sickening ...

Although it does make me wonder what safeguards are being put in place to prevent these kind of people from having easy access to schools, sure a locked door doesn't stop anyone, but it gives people a chance to escape via other routes as soon as they know something is wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_Massacre
    This happened in the UK around 10 years ago, at the time schools did not have doors that locked, these days all schools are code/card/pac protected and visitors must enter through reception. It's not foolproof, but it helps.

Dan

yes the other lock down was in vegas, im glad i moved out of there
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

"A fourth girl has died in the hospital from injuries received when a gunman stormed an Amish school, CNN has confirmed"

Sad. About the same thing also happened in Canada the past month, a girl was murdered during a shooting in a college.

this has been the 3rd high school shooting in america over the past 2 weeks just slightly getting outta control. you would start to think now that americans would have a more strict law to owning a gun.

This one was sicker than the others because the guy was not a teenager with problems but a "mature" married man with three kids of his own
    The gunman - milk truck driver Charles Carl Roberts, 32 - had ordered 15 boys and some adults in the one-room schoolhouse to leave before opening fire on the girls, who he'd tied up with wire and plastic cables.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

The "winner/loser" concept, which is totally idiotic, should be taken out of united states's culture.

This understanding is leading to situations that a high number of children feel opressed, unwanted, lowered and demeaned.

It is a big factor in such shooting happenings.

That man is very stupid and sick.

I am sure he will pay the consequences even until death.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

And two more girls died overnight. So sad.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/03/ami...ing/index.html

Good job its every americans right to have a gun, just think what would have happened if you werent allowed them.

i know its an amiercan right to have a gun, but at what stage do you think that maybe its not so good an idea (this isnt meant as a dig, but more as a question/discussion)

I think it's pretty obvious the USA is never going to ban guns. What needs to happen is much better background checks on people (although would that have helped in this case, the guy did admit to dodgy stuff in the past but if the police never knew about it no check would of helped anyway).

Parents need to use better security with guns at home to prevent their kids getting hold of them. Schools will need better security, possibly armed guards if that doesn't already happen, and better entry/exit points.

these days all schools are code/card/pac protected and visitors must enter through reception.
    It's a while since I left school so I'm not sure if many are using the cards, but as for entry through reception I'm not sure that helps. We've got 2 schools in the local area, with either of them pretty much anyone could walk in and do whatever they wanted. Yes they are gated and their is a reception, but against someone with a gun that's not going to help much.

A more long term issue is perhaps why the American culture just seems more violent than the rest of the world. Perhaps it is down to education, or media, or other issues. Guns appear to be legal in Canada from what I can tell, but the deaths from firearms rate is a 1/3 of that in the USA, and when it comes to murders with firearms the difference is even bigger (0.5/100,000 for Canada and 4.4/100,000 for the USA). What does Canada do that makes things so much better?
    Steve

30 minutes away from my house, VERY sad. Seems like some people need to get counseling, but just don't go get it, and this is what happens.

Pretty sick, and sad that he targeted the Amish who never do anything to anyone and basically just mind their own business.
    HostingChoice - Shared and Reseller Hosting
    - A+ customer support & 100% no-overselling guarantee.
    - Unlimited MySQL Databases and other great features.

MSN: [email protected] AIM: HCLiveHelp02

Quote Originally Posted by Slidey
    i know its an amiercan right to have a gun, but at what stage do you think that maybe its not so good an idea (this isnt meant as a dig, but more as a question/discussion)
    In the US it is easier to buy a gun illegally than it is to buy one legally. At least i know if i wanted one i could purchase one of the street in less than 24 hours.

This is still indeed a tragedy, my heart goes out to the victims families.
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?