Kayako SupportSuit or Cerberus & Star Livehelper?

Hi everyone,

Right now, I'm search of a support solution.

I've been looking at Kayako Support Suite - $499 & Cerberus $299 - 10 users max (Small biz) + Stardevelop's Live Helper $89..

What would do you guys think of both products/combinations?

Hire someone to custom design it exactly as you need it.
    Do not use any pre-built programs.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Cerberus is just absolutely amazing, no doubt. Kayako has the advantage of Live Chat script included.

We are using Kayako.. its good but keep in mind that you really get no support from them.
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Kayako is far the best! I've been using it for over a year now.

What type of support issues have you guys had with Kayako? Issues where you've needed assistance from Kayako?

I whole heartedly recommend Kayako. They definitely have been paying attention to usability and v3 is a HUGE improvement over v2.
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Kayako's helpdesk is amazing but their livechat software is buggy, crashes, loses chats and has connection problems.

So maybe go with the helpdesk alone instead of the support suite and stardevelop.
    LicensePal.com

A U R A C L E all the way

Do you want the best ever from my 10 years experince ?

You won't go wrong with AURACLE , have a look to thier website you will see the rest yourself.

http://www.auraclesupport.com

HTH
    Kasra

I will have to say Kayako - especially since Cerby made significant changes to their system. However - cerby has a great free option.

Kayako support so far has been exceptable on my end. I get a response in less than a day and if you provide all the right info up front - they will most likely have it solved soon. It can be slow - but worth it.

Wish you the best.

And Auracle is great but ugly on ticket view. Looks alot like perldesk.
    Last edited by jerett; 10-03-2006 at 10:12 AM.

I have evaluated Kayako and Cerberus, former is much better.

You have another option as well and that is .... Support Trio which I found stable and well designed application. It also have more features than other two.

By the way, almost same thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=546894 .

Blessed.
    Last edited by Saksher; 10-03-2006 at 03:12 PM.

I would try Auracle at http://www.auraclesupport.com

Have used it for a long while. Very solid and very feature rich! Support is next another story. WOW it is awesome. I would try their free limited version and see how you like it. Let them know you are trying to see about getting the full version. You will not be sorry.....

Hi everyone,

Don't mean to interject on healthy debate, but I definitely had to clear something up written by Jerett above:

And Auracle is great but ugly on ticket view
    Opinion respected, not everyone likes the same things - luckily these things are customizable ... however ...

Looks alot like perldesk.
    It most definitely doesn't! I would submit these two screenshots as comparison (left PDesk, right Auracle). Hopefully this clears any potentially harmful misconstructions.

Regards.
    Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails perldesk.png   auracle.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Saeven
    Hi everyone,

Don't mean to interject on healthy debate, but I definitely had to clear something up written by Jerett above:

Opinion respected, not everyone likes the same things - luckily these things are customizable ... however ...

It most definitely doesn't! I would submit these two screenshots as comparison (left PDesk, right Auracle). Hopefully this clears any potentially harmful misconstructions.

Regards.
    Alex

I'm thinking about getting Auracle - just 2 things:

-can anyone comment on how their support is?
    -can you integrate another live-chat type client with the software?(i.e. link to AIM or MSN Messenger instead of using their)

15. We have been using Kayako for more then a year now, I should say it is Fantastic never had any problem with it. As far as there support is concerned I am not really aware of that because we never needed their support till now. We had some small issues which we got it fixed with some help from their forum.

But I can say for Live Chat you should not miss having a look at PhpLive its very promising especially at that price.

Horrible misconceptions? HA! - I said it looks like it and of course that is my opinion. My reason for saying that is the simple response and ticket view screen. Very plain. Just my opinion. I have heard great things about Auracle - it just doesn't fit my style.

But like you said - everyone has their own preferences. Thank goodness right?