Webhosts for VIDEO STREAMING?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest any good webhosting company for video streaming? Also, if you have any suggestions in regards to finding a webhost for a site which will contain video's, please let me know. Not sure if it is best to be on a dedicated server or if a shared server will be ok as long as they can handle video streaming.

Not sure how much bandwith we will use, but we will probably have roughly 30 minutes of video content at first. Figure we could easily have 5 to 10,000 people viewing the video's initially.

Thank you in advance.

Basically, if the number of viewers are high you should consider to buy a NSV Server and code it into your website which means resources will be used from your NSV provider not the Shared hosting provider.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, High Bandwidth Servers
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

Quote Originally Posted by tshah
    Basically, if the number of viewers are high you should consider to buy a NSV Server and code it into your website which means resources will be used from your NSV provider not the Shared hosting provider.
    Can you elaborate more on the NSV provider and costs. I am intrested in something similar
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

NSV stands for Nullsoft Shoutcast Video servers they function exactly in a same manner Shoutcast audio.

You can setup a streamer on your server or request host to setup streamer to your NSV server. Regarding pricing cost will depend on speed and number of users.
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

who are good providers.... do you know one that are well known?
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

I can't specifically comment on other providers since I dont use any of them personally, but I would suggest you to either search in google for nsv hosting providers, or may be your best bet would be to email few shoutcast providers and they will be able to assist you further.
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

Quote Originally Posted by tshah
    I can't specifically comment on other providers since I dont use any of them personally, but I would suggest you to either search in google for nsv hosting providers, or may be your best bet would be to email few shoutcast providers and they will be able to assist you further.
    Due to a probation I cannot PM you... I need to ask you a few questions as I think you offer such services... How can I reach you say in 12 hours from now?
    I have looked at your site and need more info and see if you can offer it.
    How long have you been in business?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate your feedback. Is the server something I buy from a webhosting provider? Also, just for the sake of knowing, do you know any actual webhost that you could suggest for video streaming?

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ITAhmed
    Due to a probation I cannot PM you... I need to ask you a few questions as I think you offer such services... How can I reach you say in 12 hours from now?
    I have looked at your site and need more info and see if you can offer it.
    How long have you been in business?
    You can contact me through the options available on the site.
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

Dex he's basically telling you to get your own server.

You have pretty high requirements and haven't laid out what you can spend. 10,000 people viewing a big 100 mg file puts a massive strain on your webhost and even the hosts that say they offer tons of bandwidth usually have a per second clause, and if you get near 10% they axe you. Just be careful. You're gonna have to go with a dedicated server, whether you buy one or let them manage it.

Hi,
    Where will the user upload his video files then? on the NSV server?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus255
    Dex he's basically telling you to get your own server.

You have pretty high requirements and haven't laid out what you can spend. 10,000 people viewing a big 100 mg file puts a massive strain on your webhost and even the hosts that say they offer tons of bandwidth usually have a per second clause, and if you get near 10% they axe you. Just be careful. You're gonna have to go with a dedicated server, whether you buy one or let them manage it.

Thanks for clarifying lol.. If I go with a company who offers a dedicateed server do they still have bandwith restrictions? And any suggestions on who would offer that and support video streaming? Would you still suggest a dedicated server if it is 1000 people watching at any given time? I assume it doesn't matter whether it is 10,000 people watching at once or 10,000 people watching all at seperate times, it still a lot of bandwith huh? thanks again..

Quote Originally Posted by DEXTERITY
    Thanks for clarifying lol.. If I go with a company who offers a dedicateed server do they still have bandwith restrictions? And any suggestions on who would offer that and support video streaming? Would you still suggest a dedicated server if it is 1000 people watching at any given time? I assume it doesn't matter whether it is 10,000 people watching at once or 10,000 people watching all at seperate times, it still a lot of bandwith huh? thanks again..
    Most of the NSV hosts I found have some type of restriction (surcharges)