Post Alternative to Fasthosts

Hello gang,

Recent events are convincing me I may need to switch away from Fasthosts, one day. MySQL connectivity has gone worse and right now, again, I cannot login at my forum. Supports is taking too long to respond. So the big question: where will I go?

Right now, my site makes between 2000 and 5000 page hits a day, up to 200MB, running a little phpBB.

I need PHP 4.3.3, one MySQL 4 db (no less than 150MB, more is welcome, on dedicated server) that does not go off every little minute, GD.
    Shared hosting.
    Windows or Linux, a few GB of space (I've 750MB now), 20-40GB bandwith (I have no videos), friendly and quick support (one that does not tell you they have no issue when there is one...). It'd be nice if the host allowed zip or sitx files.
    Nice graphical stats.
    I don't need any Fantastico to install a script, I want to do it myself.

Budget: about 160$ a year.

I was thinking of HostGator.
    Michele Bugliaro Goggia, designer SUP in visual communication
    webmaster: www.ufopsi.com

Hostgator sounds just right for your needs, and they're very popular around these parts.

I say go for it

As long as their databases don't have plenty of downtimes (1 minute, 10 seconds, 30 seconds).

Been chatting with hostgator, very friendly and efficient.

Don't they have a limitation on the mysql database or do I have them mixed up with someone else???
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

You may read reviews about this company if you're not sure in it. whreviews.com is right for it.