What is the location IE 6/ FIREFOX/ OPERA keeps the URLs of opened windows?

What is the location Internet Explorer 6/Firefox/Opera keeps the URLs of opened windows/current session?

e.g. if a user has opened 10 windows then there are 10 different URLs stored in a file. Thats what I want: to extract from this file the browser "session" URLs and have them as text (which e.g. stored in a test file or inserted into an application that can save and later restore current browser session).

Note: I need to have access to a file that dynamically holds URLs somewhat. Bookmarks or History etc... are EXCLUDED for the right solution of my question.

Thank you!

I don't believe there is a single file you could read, but Opera has built-in support for session save / restore and for Firefox take a look at the SessionSaver plugin.
    HTH
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Thank you.

I know that, just wanted to have a file with which I could built my own application...

I doubt that any such file exists, it's just held in memory.

If you are building an application for these, you are better off using the API of the platform (ie, Windows, *nix, etc). For instance, on microsoft's site, the code for finding instance names is freely available for any win32 API using application.

However, if you are trying to run this without any API help(meaning, not in c/c++, c#, etc that is not supported by the MS api), in windows, good luck. Very tough to do, or the API makes it so damn easy

For *nix, I'd imagine there are heaps of resources, considering most distros are open source.

Hope this helps.

Thanks countjim for your nice info.

I would like to use visual basic .NET, is that possible?