Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    He has to do something about the license issue.
    I had to drop the product because of it.
    It is a great product easy to configure easy to set up and does lots of stuff, but no one can run their business based on a 3rd party server being up or down.

I have many pieces of software I use and the owned versions are set with a key that never expires so if they go offline I can continue to function and the leased versions at least set the key every 30 days when payment is made to a new key that last for 30 days.

Having an essential piece of software that calls home all the time is not a acceptable practice in my opinion.

I bought it only a few weeks ago and until tonight I really liked it. Now I'm gonna have to contact Matt when the site comes back up and I want an explanation. I was sent a key on Octobre 12, I uploaded it and yet my system is down tonight.

This couldn't happen at a worst time, I was talking all night with someone who's shutting down his VPS and wants to send me his friends, that he's hosting, as new customers.

What kind of host am I gonna look like if one of them tries to create an account tonight.

I don't mind uploading a local key once a month but it HAS to work.

This is unacceptable. I have purchased a full license quite some time ago...only to find it and my site offline tonight. This is great software....but unless this gets fixed, I will move to something else. I paid for software....now I cant use it.

It is really sad to see that some reputable companies's business have to be down because of someone's idiotic behaviour and/or stinginess in provision of backup sources for situations like this.

It is true that you can never change your first impressions, so it might be true that you're experience problems with WHMCS when their website has a hiccup. But you have to understand that Matt is trying his best to put his efforts into providing the best solution to prevent piracy of his software, he has provided a solution where you can store the license key locally so you wounldn't experience license failure when his site is experiencing a hiccup. I'm not taking either sides, as both sides has their opposing stories, but as far as I am concern, this is understandable. If you would've download the local license in the first place, there wouldn't be any stressful situations. If there's a solution out there, why not use it?

As good as it is who wants a piece of software that they have to download and install updates to the key to on a weekly basis to keep it running?

We buy this kind of software to make life easier not to cause more work.

I was never told about...and did not know about the license stored locally. And of course, it does me no good right now to find the info as their site is down. Very disappointed in this system....

Quote Originally Posted by PTH
    It is true that you can never change your first impressions, so it might be true that you're experience problems with WHMCS when their website has a hiccup. But you have to understand that Matt is trying his best to put his efforts into providing the best solution to prevent piracy of his software, he has provided a solution where you can store the license key locally so you wounldn't experience license failure when his site is experiencing a hiccup. I'm not taking either sides, as both sides has their opposing stories, but as far as I am concern, this is understandable. If you would've download the local license in the first place, there wouldn't be any stressful situations. If there's a solution out there, why not use it?
    As a programmer and developer myself I understand perfectly that Matt is trying to protect his business and I agree with it. But I am also trying to protect mine. I was sent a license key, I installed it and now it doesn't work. Obviously the backup solution is still not 100% reliable, until it is, the scripts should write something somewhere when they can't validate the license and give a 24 hours grace period automatically so our sites would not go down.

Hmm, I'm down as well. This isn't good. I love this software, but as the others have said.... it's got to work!

Ahh, this is awful!

I try to log into the admin panel, it tells me that the local license key has expired. Of course it has... if it hadn't, then the software WOULD ACTUALLY DO WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO DO.

And yes, I've uploaded it correctly - it never, ever, never, never ever works - and now stupid whmcs.com is down, so in turn, we're ALL DOWN.

Get your act together, you fools. I love the product but I will not tolerate almost monthly downtimes.

ARRR! this is CRAZY. What kind of retard would allow this to happen. I want this online NOW!

I have the stupid "key" installed correctly and I am down! Anyone know a phone number to call?

This better be a WAKE UP CALL to whmcs!

NOBODY BUY WHMCS - EVER! it will screw you over.... I cant even answer support tickets. ...

....how much longer could this last!

I am asking for a FULL refund and moving to other software as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by LN10009
    ARRR! this is CRAZY. What kind of retard would allow this to happen. I want this online NOW!

I have the stupid "key" installed correctly and I am down! Anyone know a phone number to call?

This better be a WAKE UP CALL to whmcs!
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
    Ahh, this is awful!

I try to log into the admin panel, it tells me that the local license key has expired. Of course it has... if it hadn't, then the software WOULD ACTUALLY DO WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO DO.

And yes, I've uploaded it correctly - it never, ever, never, never ever works - and now stupid whmcs.com is down, so in turn, we're ALL DOWN.
    Get used to it

WHMCS is great when it works but it doesn't do that as often as anyone would like

I think someone should "offer" WHCMS reliable USA hosting in exchange for a discounted reseller license
    Host, YES!
    Reselling? Partner for profit instead!

I tried submitting a support ticket regarding the issue, but looks like their mail server went down with the rest of it.

I like the software, but I like my well being better! I will be moving after this!

Im trying to run a business, not a daycare. someone find matt and get him to work.

Quote Originally Posted by TCP/IP Warrior
    I think someone should "offer" WHCMS reliable USA hosting in exchange for a discounted reseller license
    I'd be glad, and I'm sure many of the other active members of the whmcs.com forum would be interested in offering Matt free "fail-safe" (redundant, over multiple shared accounts) hosting so that we don't have to deal with this crap, in exchange for discounted licenses.

Hell, he could at least have the decency to buy a $3 per month shared account to keep his mail server up.

Update: The network datacenter is experiencing issues with route vz27 after maintenance, they are looking into it.

I think its worse than admin being down, clients cannot access their login either, if your using the program as support I guess that is down also ? we use another support program.

I totally agree, redundancy for a software licensing system would be a must.

Update: Im losing sales.

I cant even login to the admin to mass mail my clients and explain the issue! Where is matt?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Quote Originally Posted by LN10009
    I cant even login to the admin to mass mail my clients and explain the issue! Where is matt?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Please don't spam the thread. We are all having these issues.
    LicensePal.com

LN10009

Put a temporary forwarder from your billing/support system to a temporary page explaining to clients, or if you have a separate support desk redirect the client area to that, your sounding more and more like a competitor

thats an idea... Im so fumed over this I cant think at the moment. I have lost 4 sales already and recent clients emailing me to ask what kind of business im running....

This just makes ME look BAD! - and btw: I USE WHMCS, im not a competitor, but I WILL be switching to one after this mess.

have anyone heard when they should be back online?
    Motti Horesh
    http://www.Horesh-Studios.com
    affordable and reliable web hosting and web design

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast