Uptime monitoring

Hi everyone

I need an uptime monitoring system which can monitor HTTP on my 1 server (and over time more servers). It has to run about every 15 to 30 mins and must be off the server so it sees what a visitor would see.

I need something fairly reliable and as cheap as possible as for now I only want 1 port on 1 server monitored. The 1 thing I do require is SMS notification (UK mobile) when the service is down.

Eg service is down, it checks every 15 mins so I get an SMS is less time than that, and can act upon the downtime quickly.

The budget is fairly low here.

any ideas?

hyperspin is really good.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Yes, Hyperspin (http://www.hyperspin.com/) is mentioned here a lot and is good. They also ofer SMS notifications.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Ok thanks for the recommendations for hyperspin. I am seriouslyu considering that as an option as it does everything I want it to and is fairly good value for money.

I also noticed http://www.serviceuptime.com/ does anyone have any experience with them or other companies? I'd like to present myself with a few options.

There are actually several you could consider. A few that are mentioned here often besides the 2 already mentioned are siteuptime.com and host-tracker.com
    My personal 2 favorites are http://www.hyperspin.com/ and http://www.serviceuptime.com/ but everyones different.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Ok thanks I've signed up for a free account at serviceuptime and bought 10 SMS credits. This will be a trial of the cheapest service. If it goes well I'll continue to use it and upgrade my account when I need to, otherwise I'll give Hyperspin a go.

Thanks to everyone!

Have a look at Alertra.

Meisam

VT6,

We have been using Alertra for several years now, for all of our servers. It is extremely reliable and cost effective. You can configure how often to check and exactly what services to check. You can also have the alerts sent to whatever email or voice number you like. They also keep realtime stats, etc. What we really like about them is that they have several offices throughout the world. When they check your service, they do it from USA, Europe and Asia.
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

There is websitepulse.com and siteuptime.com

Serviceuptime had a ton of false downtimes for us, which looked ugly on the public reports.

My vote goes to hyperspin - its free :]

Host-tracker.com has been good at noticing downtimes, at least for me. It's free though (excepting the SMS feature).

I prefer services that check for uptime each 5 minutes and under. Many short downtimes have been completely missed by the 30 minutes uptime monitors.

websitepulse.com has offer 30 days free trial. They have check uptime for every 1 minute.

I would go with alerta.

Siteuptime.com
    Alertra
    websitepulse
    siteconfidence (UK)
    AlertSite

To name a few. Most of them have free trials and you shoould try them all out to see if their products and customer service meet your needs. Also most of them have a sales staff. Which means you can play both ends against the middle, so tell them, "Yeah I am currently trialing so and so". You will get a more competative price. But while they all do similar things they differ on the quality of their reports, number of locations monitored from, and customer service.

SHoot me a PM if you have any questions

Has anyone tried ismysiteup.net ?