Innohosting is down?

Oh no... Innohosting is down right now for me... just when I thought I'd found a good uptime hosting company they go down at my absolute busiest time (Monday morning). This is so frustrating.

innohosting.com seems to be up here fine

Regards

We must be on a different server... we were definitely down for about 10 minutes or so.

Hi William,

You are on the same server as innohosting.com
    We haven't experienced any outages or downtime..

It's good to use something like www.alertra.com/spotcheck.php, just to make sure it isn't just your ISP acting up.

I was having no problems accessing other sites. Both of our forums hosted with Innohosting were down for about 10 minutes. My staff confirmed it (from various ISP's) and so did the fact that when it came back up I and one other member with zero guest were logged in. That is a dead giveaway that the server was down. Not sure what happened, but we were down for about 10 minutes.

Same goes with my sites too. For the past 1 week there has been 1 or 2 outages but its less than 2 mins. Today was quite long.

Really hope they fix it. Haven't heard of any maintenance notices too. If anyone knows what happened please let us know. Thanks.

Do a traceroute or tracert whever there is an outage and that'll find the cause of the outage.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanWeb
    Same goes with my sites too. For the past 1 week there has been 1 or 2 outages but its less than 2 mins. Today was quite long.

Really hope they fix it. Haven't heard of any maintenance notices too. If anyone knows what happened please let us know. Thanks.
    We are currently installing new software and extra security on one of our servers. The server required a restart, however the data center (HiVelocity) had been mislabeled this server and took them almost an hour to find it and reboot it. Otherwise downtime would of only been a couple of minutes. We did express our concern in this issue and it was more or less out of our hands...

We have had no recent reports of downtime other than when we experienced the above problem. If at anytime you experience an outage we recommend you open a ticket and include a tracert so we can troubleshoot it.

Opening a ticket seems to have become quite a chore. I've emailed you guys through the "Contact Us" link, but received no response in the last two days. I'll try here I suppose.

At first it was not recognizing my email address. Now it recognizes my email but not my password. I asked for the password to be emailed to me and it sends my a blank password. It just has Password:

This is security of a different kind... lol... my own password is invisible.

Hi William,

I'm not sure which contact us link you are referring to as we do not have such a link..

All communication with us is done through our support desk, and you are given a ticket number as soon as the ticket is submitted.

I have reset your password for you and have emailed you the information...

Please check and try opening a support ticket through your client area...
    You can log support tickets through: http://client.innohosting.net (or FastDesk.Net), then click on "Support tickets", choose your department and then write your ticket.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamP
    Opening a ticket seems to have become quite a chore. I've emailed you guys through the "Contact Us" link, but received no response in the last two days. I'll try here I suppose.

At first it was not recognizing my email address. Now it recognizes my email but not my password. I asked for the password to be emailed to me and it sends my a blank password. It just has Password:

This is security of a different kind... lol... my own password is invisible.
    Hi Rameen (Stealth Devil),

I'm also facing the same problem as above. It recognised my email and sent a blank password.
    I've sent a email stating the same to [email protected] (as i can't open a ticket without login credentials)

And yes i'm also facing a lot of downtimes lately. I did inform this the same to Chris.
    He also mentioned the same problem as you did. But after that also, at times the server or may be network is going down.

And also today i tried visiting http://client.innohosting.net to see the server status, but i get a message "License key validation failed. Please contact support.

Please look into the matter.

Regards,
    Sriram

Quote Originally Posted by icatchonline
    Hi Rameen (Stealth Devil),

I'm also facing the same problem as above. It recognised my email and sent a blank password.
    I've sent a email stating the same to [email protected] (as i can't open a ticket without login credentials)

And yes i'm also facing a lot of downtimes lately. I did inform this the same to Chris.
    He also mentioned the same problem as you did. But after that also, at times the server or may be network is going down.

And also today i tried visiting http://client.innohosting.net to see the server status, but i get a message "License key validation failed. Please contact support.

Please look into the matter.

Regards,
    Sriram
    You have already opened support tickets with us? I can see a few tickets that you have opened, I don't understand what problem you are reporting?

Anyhow, check your PM box for your new password.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdevil
    Hi William,

I'm not sure which contact us link you are referring to as we do not have such a link..

Okay... maybe not exactly what you'd call a link, but...

Please either contact us by email sales[at]fastdesk.net, or open a ticket at http://FastDesk.Net
    Since I couldn't open a ticket at the time I did what your site suggest and emailed you at the above email address.

I noticed the site went down again a short while ago.

William,

I really don't understand why you keep saying the site is down when in fact is not. We do actually monitor these servers with 5 minute intervals and not just pinging it, but actually monitor http as well. We have had no reports of downtime either by our multiple monitoring services or by any customer...

Our site does not suggest you send a technical support email to sales..
    We do offer a wide variety of contact methods which ensure you are never left on your own and are always able to get in touch with us including via telephone and mail.

I have PM'd you my personal email address as well.

I really don't understand why you keep saying the site did not go down when in fact it did.

I can assure you that we were down and you were down as well. I can guarantee it! Obviously your monitoring ain't doing so well at monitoring. Granted... it did only last about 4-5 minutes so it wasn't a real big deal, but we were definitely down.

When you have 150+ members and guests showing online and the forum goes down, when it does come back up it only shows 2 members and 2 guests.... it means the site went down because it wiped out everyone that was online.

Maybe you should check your monitoring service. I had absolutely no problem visiting other sites on the web, but could not access my own nor could I access Innohosting's site... both were down.