Lightbulb Unmetered - 5M 10M 20M Streaming Full Allocation

Let's start this off by saying I'm fully aware of what "unmetered" stands for and fully aware to read the Terms and AUP before purchasing these services.

I'm a prior customer of Server Matrix about a year ago I used to have 4 servers with them at 20M unmetered (each) and was pushing my full allocation on all of the servers doing "shout cast streaming". I never got terminated and was very happy with them allowing me to actually use the full allocation.

What I'm seeking:

A Company:
    1. Who will have a long standing relationship?
    2. Who will be able to provide the full allocation whether this is 5M - 10M or 20M unmetered?
    3. Who will be able to provide pricing around $10 or less per Mbps?

4. If applicaple: Offer a low end service such as 5M unmetered and with a phone call or support ticket upgrade to 10M or 20M.

Servers:
    1. I will manage them
    2. Low End Servers (I don’t mind)
    3. Location *I don’t mind*
    4. Providers *Any*
    5. (Dedicated)

My definition of Unmetered: (Example 10M)

Let's say we are on a 10M unmetered plan. I want to be able to push a FULL 9M of outgoing bandwidth without problems. *The remaining 1M is for incoming connection via. SSH, WEB or Management*

I would like advice/feedback on ANY providers but PLEASE don’t BASH providers I'm seeking users who have used services prior or currently and who are happy with very few complaints

I also would not like to receive offers from "RESELLERS" via PM. Thanks
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers

3. Who will be able to provide pricing around $10 or less per Mbps?
    You dont ask for much then do you...

Seriously, if you want reliable bandwidth that is going to be guaranteed, you need to increase your pricing expectations a touch.

Id highly recommend LeaseWeb - I have been using them since December 2004 for shoutcast streaming and their network has been rock solid, 100.00% uptime for 10 months out of the last 11. Their network is so impressive in fact, I have referred many close friends and family to them for servers.

They will offer you bandwidth starting at 5Mbps and you can increase it in 5Mbps increments at a time. Thier standard price is €50.00 per 5Mbps, however you may be able to get a better deal as you commit to higher amounts.

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

I've paid $10 per M including dedicated with SM about a year ago. I don't think this is too much to ask for. I've also received quotes around this price or a little less recently, I know the web is FULL of endless boundries thats why I ask for suggestions. I appreciate the suggestion however I would like to maintain US based services.

Thanks - Matt

- James

Well, SM are seriously overselling their lines, plus they are exclusively Cogent.

Many times, I have seen on here and the Planet forums people complaining left right and centre because they are struggling to push more then 25% of their allowance at peak times. This is what happens when its oversold.

Even though LeaseWeb are located in Holland, you should consider them as they have a massive network with many carriers and peers, for instance they have 7Gbps capacity on the AboveNet network and 8Gbps capacity on the Telia network, both of which are awsome for transatlantic connectivity.

Also, they have 20Gbps to the AMS-IX, the biggest internet exchange in Europe, which peers with hundreds of major ISP's and carriers.

I know it isnt in the USA, but for bandwidth and connectivity and network redundancy, there arnt many (if any) in the US that will compare with them.

I only highly recommend them over US hosts, as I have been with a few US located unmetered plans (the companies I wont name publicly) and none have delivered what they promised to me. Since going with LeaseWeb it has been top service since day one.

Whatever you decide though mate, I hope it works out well for you!

5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

Have you looked at the cogent bandwidth graphs at sm?

Hardly congested, they have 9Gbps of Cogent, and currently max traffic is about 5Gbps. Like crucial said, I have no problem at all pushing a steady 20Mbps out of my xtreme servers with sm. Maybe your thinking of FDC?

Why not just go back to SM?

Noooooo, i never mistake with FDC, I was with them once, the only thing I say to anyone now, is never again lmao!

Maybe the SM situation has improved in recent months, maybe a lot of clients left them, but they used to suffer from serious conjestion.

yeah, Sm did have problems with the unmetered lines for a while..they were all maxxed out, but they added an additional 5Gbps of bandwidth from cogent, and its great now.

Heres a current screenshot of Cogetn bandwidth @ SM
    http://webmesto.net/sm.jpg

I have a box at ColoGuys and their excellent. I don't think you'll be able to get as low as $10/mbps there, but if you commit to a large amount you might be able to get close. Can't hurt to ask them anyways. Ukyo runs an excellent shop and I have no complaints .

Alex

The only downfall I can see with SM now is there fee's are a little more expensive for 20Mbps than last year. Back when they where cogested I was still able to use their allocation maybe just a handfull of customers where bothered but I wasn't. They are great! I was just seeing if someone can come close to the $200 p/m mark on 20M.

You are asking for too much and are unreasonable with you requests.
    Why don't you just ask a provider to hand you the cash they will be loosing instead?
    The only question here is how much money the host will loose....alot or a little.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET
    You are asking for too much and are unreasonable with you requests.
    Why don't you just ask a provider to hand you the cash they will be loosing instead?
    The only question here is how much money the host will loose....alot or a little.
    SM offered me these same specifications at $189 per server about a year ago. I dont even think I had a setup fee. Their pricing now is actually reasonable $250 ish with small setup fee or $300 with no setup fee.

I was trying to find a comparable solution a year later. Excuse me for looking and keeping my options open

from what I've seen so far, SM is about the cheapest for a dedicated 20Mbps connection, on a decent network.

but I've only looked at about 3-4 different companies.

Ive seen cheaper.... but cheaper does not always mean better.

The only thing with SM is it is Cogent only, which does not go well with regards to redundancy.