Lakeland suspect killed

Lakeland, Florida.
    The man suspected of shooting two deputies and their K-9, killing one deputy and the dog, was shot....69 times. Why 69 times? They 'ran out of bullets' quotes TV news report.

A *SUSPECT* was shot 69 times. That's ridiculous.

LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) -- An autopsy released tonight shows officers fired 110 rounds of ammunition at the suspect in the killing of a Polk County Sheriff’s deputy.

The report shows Angilo Freeland was hit 68 times by the SWAT team members’ shots.

Freeland is accused of fatally shooting Deputy Vernon Matthew Williams after being pulled over for speeding Thursday and of shooting and injuring another deputy.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says he’s not concerned by the number of shots that were fired.

He says, “We weren’t taking any chances.”

The officers who shot Freeland have all been placed on paid administrative leave and are undergoing mandatory counseling.

That’s standard procedure in all police shootings.

An autopsy was also released for Williams showing he had been shot eight times.
    I don't blame them. Kill a cop, pay the price. You get no respect from me.

Not even PETA will will sorry for him since he shot the policedog.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by frankiee
    True they the should have had more ammo.

You kill a cop and his dog or anyone for that matter and you get no mercy, This was a person that killed for no reason.
    I always did like the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by inogenius
    I don't blame them. Kill a cop, pay the price. You get no respect from me.
    So cops are better people than the rest?
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Quote Originally Posted by spulis
    True they the should have had more ammo.
    I love it!!! It's so true!!!
    James Lumby

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    So cops are better people than the rest?
    Not better people, but the general thinking is if you'd kill an armed authority figure you're a bigger danger in general than someone who kills "just" a civilian.

They should have brought the minigun out.

"USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE"
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

Quote Originally Posted by Techno
    Lakeland, Florida.
    The man suspected of shooting two deputies and their K-9, killing one deputy and the dog, was shot....69 times. Why 69 times? They 'ran out of bullets' quotes TV news report.
    A fantastic ending.... I was happy to see that this man was killed. He did not deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

It was a "heavily armed" suspect that had killed an other cop a few hours before, I can understand why the cops didn't want to take any chances besides they saved tax payers a lot of money.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by J-P
    It was a "heavily armed" suspect that had killed an other cop a few hours before, I can understand why the cops didn't want to take any chances besides they saved tax payers a lot of money.
    Yup!!! I don't want to pay for his room and board for the rest of his life, does anyone else?
    James Lumby

Quote Originally Posted by J-P

Ahh, see I didn't know that. I was getting a bit scared, seeing how all of you were supporting shooting *innocent* people 69 times. But that's my bad, I was mis-informed.

Ahh, see I didn't know that. I was getting a bit scared, seeing how all of you were supporting shooting *innocent* people 69 times. But that's my bad, I was mis-informed.
    Not surprising, most of the reports I have read have "suspect" "110 rounds fired" "shot 69 times" all in bold and only at the end in passing do they mention the pertinent facts. After all to most media outlets all police are suspect and dangerous.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

I believe they fired about 110 rounds, but only about 70 hit. That's actually not a lot of bullets, as there were 9 of them that fired. Since they're Swat, I'm assuming they had weapons with higher magazine capacity than a handgun, so it look like each of them only fired a very short burst.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

The "suspect" was pulled over for speeding. Police chased him into the woods where he shot at the officers - killing one. He also shot at backup. SWAT arrived and spent some time scouring the woods before they found him hiding and refusing to put down his weapon. I'm 100% sure they got the right guy.

I can't believe anyone would defend this guy...

They should have shot him 100 times... What did you want the police to do, beg him to put down the weapon? Nine police officers shot him with around 70 bullets... that is eight shots per officer. Sounds about right to me.

If anyone kills a cop and his dog, then that person decides to stay hidden in the woods, under brush, the police should kill him in order to protect themselves. Sorry for that… but yes, police are special people… everyone hates the police until they need the police… then the police are their best friends (for that moment).

Any who would defend this guy... if he would shoot a cop, just think what he would do for you... and your family... The world is a better place...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

he got what he deserved, killing an officer and a police dog = not a good idea
    Linux junkie | steward.io