Click Chat Sold....

anyone else using this service finding when their server goes down your pages become real slow to load?

It can take a minute to load my pages when their server goes down I have to comment out the script code to get the pages to load properly again.
    This is not good for a web host to have slow loading pages because of a dependency on another server, Kenny needs to fix this in his code, never had this problem until the last upgrade he did.

Monte

yes...and it happens frequently. Awesome program, terrible reliability. If there was a pay service that had an SLA, I would pay in a second. Guess I have to switch back to PHPLiveHelper :-( which sux cause CCS is far better when it's up

B

I agree... I keep commenting and uncommenting the javascripts so my pages will load!

One NICE thing about the newer version tough is that I can now run the program from a company I'm working at. The older version wouldn't connect through their firewall!
    Peachtree WebWorks, LLC
    http://www.peachtreewebworks.com

Chit chat server down its just not reliable enough.
    24 hour tech support.
    Web Site Builder - Reseller Plesk Deals.

www.Low-Cost-Web-Hosting.com

I used it on our site last week for about 3 days. Their server was down so much it was sad. We lost sign-ups because no one would wait for the site to load. I couldn't figure out what had happened to our sign-ups, until someone told me that they would not wait.

It's a shame...it's really a nice service. I was going to track visitor movement on our site, but kept noticing nobody would stay over 20 to 25 seconds. The site was not loading.

-Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

I agree. Its a REALLY nice program and a REALLY nice service, although the downtime is a bit aggrivating.

I, too, had load problems when the server was down.

In their FAQ, they mention that the service is free because they sell the technology to companies for their use. You might contact them if you would be interested in paying for it.
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

I have heard that they are going to be a paid service soon.
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

In their FAQ, they mention that the service is free because they sell the technology to companies for their use. You might contact them if you would be interested in paying for it.
    Tried three times, no response.

Further more, password hasn't worked since the upgrade and they havn't replied to that either...

(Arrghh)

They have a

link for lost passwords which will email you right away.

I wrote Kenny an email about it the other day he responded and said they were getting a more reliable server soon.
    So I wrote him back to try and explian that no matter how reliable the server my web site cannot depend on his being up.
    He needs to go back a revision in the software, this problem never happened until this last upgrade.

Just hope he listens, or he is going to lose lots of customers when he goes paid. I will not pay for this current software release.

Monte

Yeah, we just removed it from our pages today. I guess I'll watch here for word that it's become stable, but right now it's just not reliable enough to count on.

Other than that the only thing I don't like is the name. To me it's a little too aggressively screaming "sales tool;" Click Chat SOLD!... it's a name seemingly chosen for what it says to the merchant/site operator (install this and you'll sell more!), but to me the connotation to the site visitor is really negative. We what live chat really to be more support-oriented or even pre-sales, and I really don't like having it branded that way when site visitors see it. In that sense, names like "HumanClick" and "LiveHelper" really are preferable.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

thats why the test pages are loading slow sometimes, but if they would charge 5$ i would pay that, i like the interface ( customizing wouldnt be a bad idea too)

They are providing the service for free, I can almost assure you that if they charged like $5-10 per month they would never be down, because they can get multiple servers and have redundancy. But for now, they are providing it for free, so you really can't complain, even though it is getting pretty annoying, when their server goes down.

when will they start charging btw a friend of mine who is behind the firewall can conect but when he responds to the chat only empty lines come out :

On my side :

ME : bla bla bla
    HE :
    ME : hjsdjka

On His side

ME : bla bla bla
    HE : bla bla
    ME : hjsdjka

anyone having some troubles?

Originally posted by iamdave
    But for now, they are providing it for free, so you really can't complain
    And if they do start charging $5 per month and still have these issues, then it would be ok to "complain?"

So it it were, say, a penny per month, would it be ok to criticize it? How about $1 per year? $1 per month? At one point does it become legitimate to make a negative comment on the usability of a product?

If it were a million dollars a year, would it still be ok to compliment it? Or would you say "For now, they are charging way too much, so you can't really say anything good about it..."?

We haven't used them, but use humanclick. In the past year, I bet we have only had problems once from their service.

We are using the express service, it is not the cheapest thing out there, but I felt it was a worthy investment as our clients love it for support and it does lead to sales, definite sales.

I think people are starting to expect a tool like this on all sites and expecting it to be manned more and more. I know it has cut down tremendously on tickets and our toll-free bills because they know we are consistently on there.
    New Streamlined Sig---
    me, myself and I

Originally posted by JayC
    And if they do start charging $5 per month and still have these issues, then it would be ok to "complain?"

So it it were, say, a penny per month, would it be ok to criticize it? How about $1 per year? $1 per month? At one point does it become legitimate to make a negative comment on the usability of a product?

If it were a million dollars a year, would it still be ok to compliment it? Or would you say "For now, they are charging way too much, so you can't really say anything good about it..."?
    Don't over exaggerate. I meant to say that they could charge a minimal monthly fee, and that way they can buy/lease/rent/colo more servers, and be able to provide better services. I said that you can't really complain about something that's free. If you disagree so be it, your opinion means nothing to me.

i agree, if it was free there is no room to complain.

Originally posted by iamdave
    I said that you can't really complain about something that's free.
    I disagree. If someone makes a product available, free or not, as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with either criticising or complimenting that product. Anyone considering using it will certainly realize that it's free, and user comments about it are a tool they'll use to decide whether its shortcomings are overcome by that fact. To me, Click Chat Sold's shortcomings in its current form are not overcome by its current price tag. I've explained why, so anyone reading those comments can weigh them against their own priorities.
    If you disagree so be it, your opinion means nothing to me.
    Another place where we part ways, I suppose. I usually find that the opinions of people who disagree with me are the most valuable ones to hear.