stargate.com transfers

Anyone notice Stargate.com is doing transfers for 8.85? Their main page says something about a summer sale.

That used to be their normal price for renewals as well. But now they've raised the renewal price to $13.95
    So they'd like to earn your business by letting you transfer for less, but when it's time for renewal, the rate is almost 60% higher.

13.95 is still a good price for a renewal. With everthing stargate offers they are one of the most price competitve registrars available.

Browse this forum and you'll find at least 3 other registrars that have a good reputation here and offer domain registration/renewal for less than $10/year.
    Not to mention the same features too.

I have some domains with Stargate now and I do like their interface. But it's hard to accept the 60% increase in price when I can just transfer my domains to another quality registrar with the same features and a much lower price.

stargate isnt charging me 13 for renews?

How much are they charging you for renewals?

Get a bulk account (51 domains minimum) and you can do registrations, transfers and renewals at $8

Or, go to powerpipe and get domain registrations for $7.99 without the need to buy 51 domains to get that price.

Many have reported numerous problems with PP, when it comes down to support.

Stargate only charges me 8, then again ive been with them close to since they started selling domains.... If your registering alot of domains anyway get a bulk account....

Powerpipe SUCKS.... the end.....

Godaddy is offering more and better things all the time, they just made transfers free, which Id say makes them about level with stargate all things considered.....

Originally posted by ninji
    Stargate only charges me 8, then again ive been with them close to since they started selling domains.... If your registering alot of domains anyway get a bulk account....

Powerpipe SUCKS.... the end.....

Godaddy is offering more and better things all the time, they just made transfers free, which Id say makes them about level with stargate all things considered.....

....of course GD charges for URL forwarding

I've had a bad experience with Stargate support. I was really enjoying their service until they started responding my customer support emails with "default script" answers and/or did NOT respond my emails at all.

I used to host my site with them too, but I couldn't FTP into it. I had to email them to ask what was wrong. Then they said it was a problem on their side and that they would let me know when things were fixed. After waiting and waiting, and nothing happening, I decided to switch hosts. I emailed them and called them to tell them to cancel my account. They never responded. It wasn't until many tries when they finally closed the account and CHARGED me for the month I didn't use their service (FTP didn't work) because, according to them, I asked to cancel in that same month they closed my account. Of course, that wasn't true since my first email and phone calls were made the month before. ARGH.

Another thing I dont like about Stargate aside from raising their registration/renewal fees is that they charge for DomainLock, something other registrars, like NameCheap, include in their $8.88/year fee.

All in all, I am so frustrated and angry with that experience, I'm switching to another registrar as my domains come close to expiration date at Stargate.

Jessica
    --- To Err is Human ... And Don't You Forget It---

Your single experience had to do with web hosting, which we don't evaluate here.

Stargate is excellent.

Nonetheless, this is my experience with Stargate 's Customer Support. Many members consider customer support efficiency before signing up for a service.

Jessica
    --- To Err is Human ... And Don't You Forget It---

Stargate was helpful when I was having some issues transferring a domain to them.
    I also started using Stargate when they were a new company, and my renewals cost $13.95 now. Ninji must have a bulk account with them.