* how much is a 2-letter .org worth ?

hi there,

hope anyone can give me a good advice here.

well, I'd like to get a 2-letter domain in .org which is available for sale. the letters reflect my name and surname.
    I already tried to contact the owner who doesn't use the domain and wants to sell it.

so, isn't 32.000 USD quite too much for 2-letter .org ?

I'd understand that for a .com or a .net, but are 2-letter .org's so expensive ?

thanx.

He can quote you whatever he wants. It's hard to say what it's "worth" because worth is defined as whatever someone will pay for it. If you're willing to pay 32 grand for it, then it's worth it

However, to answer your question, two-letter .orgs fall into that category where the owner can charge whatever he or she wants. There's really no average price for them.

Highly unlikely to realise that sort of cash - most domain sellers ask totally unrealistic amounts of money.
    The only exception would be certain exceptional letter combinations, otherwise maybe 10% of what is being asked.

the problem is we won't give it away...

I'm not really in the domain business, I mostly use everything for my private reasons.

I offered him 5.000$, a 3-letter .net domain and a 1-number-1-letter .org domain in exchange for his domain.
    No chance... he just said nice but he wants 32k ....
    :-(

Look for something else or accept that you've created a demamd and he's making you pay ott for the supply.
    Unless its really special $5000 is more than enough.

Two letter .org is a rare gem....difficult to fix a price.

2-letter CNO are rare commodoties: i.e. supply is VERY limited. 2-letter .com's are basically no longer available in the market (most of them in the hands of enduser corporates who WON'T sell at all); 2-letter .net's are not much better (many in tech-related companies who KNOW the prices and are actually USING them). The only ones left would be 2-letter .org's who have fallen into the hands of some speculators. These days (as in late 2006), I'd say you will be damn lucky if you can get 1 (ANY even "bad" letters) for $5k.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

bb.org was sold for $20k few months ago. It'll perhaps give you an idea of the general price level.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

bb.org is "special", most LL.org's would not justify anything like that figure.

I just had a look at dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm where spells.com was sold for 36k. Ok, I understand that... but a 2 letter .org even with two different letters...

I contacted the guy who has the domain in the other way round (first letter as second, second as first) and he said he paid 5k for the domain, as much as grandad mentioned above - a high but fair price...

even DU.net (mentioned on dnjournal) - which means you in german - was below 10k ...

To be honest, since you are so "interested" in this domain (that you actually started a thread about it, and even went further to contact the owner of the other 2-letter .org), it IS worth more than that. Not the best strategy I must say.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Quote Originally Posted by atmike
    hi there,

hope anyone can give me a good advice here.

well, I'd like to get a 2-letter domain in .org which is available for sale. the letters reflect my name and surname.
    I already tried to contact the owner who doesn't use the domain and wants to sell it.

so, isn't 32.000 USD quite too much for 2-letter .org ?

I'd understand that for a .com or a .net, but are 2-letter .org's so expensive ?

thanx.
    hmm I wouldnt pay that much for it.. Depends what your planning to do with it if there is a whole plan behind this and your in the need of the name then maybe.. but if its just a random domain you want I wouldnt never spend that much money on it even if its 2 letters..

Its not the name that counts its the content

Quote Originally Posted by nameslave
    To be honest, since you are so "interested" in this domain (that you actually started a thread about it, and even went further to contact the owner of the other 2-letter .org), it IS worth more than that. Not the best strategy I must say.
    strategy ? well, I just wanted to get an advice and some oppinions on the price of a 2letter dot org...

@twau
    I wouldnt spend more than 5k on a domain name. you're more or less right to choose another one, but I'd really like to get it...
    I try to get a few money on selling some of my few domains (i dont have a lot but give it a try) and then try again to contact the owner...

way overpriced, the other day ec.org got auctioned over snapnames and got 15K or something

i'd say anything in the range 3-5K would be reasonable maybe max of 8K if the letters are fine
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I must say dont pay anymore then 17500, not worth then this.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Godown
    I must say dont pay anymore then 17500, not worth then this.
    17,5k is even too much in my oppinion. I'm still wondering what they use the domain for if they pay such a high price. I looked up a few of those highprice bought domains but they most only are parked... without any content which could give them the money back...

atmike, domain parking usually means some revenue as well.

but how long does it take you to park a domain which cost you 17k to get that amount back just through parking ? at least a few years i guess..

Quote Originally Posted by atmike
    but how long does it take you to park a domain which cost you 17k to get that amount back just through parking ? at least a few years i guess..
    Depends on domain...