Need a Server badly.

Well,I'm currently with ******. My site is soooo slow, and something I get Internal server errors. This has gotten to the point that my site goes into an internal server error atleast every 5 minutes. I talked with them and they said its becuase some PHP scripts not terminating properly, or something. Which I thought of as lies.

I was told that they sell their accounts so low priced because they oversell the accounts.

Well I've had enough of this, and want to move on. I have been losing members, and they all complain about this error.

So if you guys can recommend a few hosts to me that be great. I've been looking at Hostgator and Bluehost, but I've heard bad things about them.

I need atleast 20 gigs of space, and atleast 300gig bandwith.

Thanks

Why do you think your php script is not the problem? Just curious, not accusing.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

AB Hosting, do you have experience with all 3 of those providers?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

@Tina - Because I just use MKPortal + SMF

@AB-Hosting - I would love to get a dedicated server, but I dont have that kind of money. : (

Celoso........taking a look at your php script isn't a bad idea. I am not a php programmer but I do know that if there is a code problem it can potentialy can problems with your pages response time.

Also I am assuming your site is a forum?

Forum and site.

I dont know how to find problems like those. : (

You may want to consider a VPS... or a dedicated server if its in your budget.
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

What is VPS exactly?

A VPS is like a dedicated server, only a very minimal one.

You still get root and all that, but it's on a shared machine (lots of smaller servers on a bigger server.)

Better definition here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server
    AS395558

Can you guys recommend one to me?

Thanks Guys

Hello, use the host quote feature on this site.

If your using 20 GB of space and 300 GB of bandwidth you should be on a dedicated server without question. Shared servers are not ment to handle that sort of things.

Also what is your website, perhaps someone here can try to reproduce the error and offer a solution, but most likely you will have to get a coder to look at it.

C
    Mega Hosters Inc. - The Last Host You Will Ever Need!
    Hsphere Control Panel, 24/7 Phone Support, EasyApp, Shared SSL, Daily Backups, Dedicated IPs, PHP4 & PHP5, FFMPEG, Legal Adult Content Allowed + More!
    Treating A Customer The Way They Should Be Treated For Over 5.5 Years Now!

Are you actually using that 300gb worth of bandwidth you want? Or are you really only using 20 - 30 gb?

Last month I came close, wasted 260GB.

Then I would definately recommend a high end VPS or low end dedicated server!

Yes I agree either a VPS or dedicated server would work for you. Just look around. There are some hosts out there with good deals.

Last month I came close, wasted 260GB.
    What do you mean by "wasted" ?

If you are really using that much of bandwidth (close to 300GB), you might want to consider dedicated or VPS like what the others suggest.

Hostgator is one of the 2 that you are looking at... so you might have noticed that they have "Semi Dedicated" - it's between shared hosting and dedicated... If you don't wish to go with their dedicated. I am having sites with them now, and personally, I find that their support and uptime is above average. I have never experienced slow server response, error, downtime etc with them.

I would love to get a dedicated server, but I dont have that kind of money. : (
    If you have high traffic for your site, you could earn advert money to partially or fully cover your hosting fees !

Quote Originally Posted by joetryn
    If you have high traffic for your site, you could earn advert money to partially or fully cover your hosting fees !
    That's absolutely right - I high trafficked site should earn money, not lose it.
    Corey Northcutt | Electric Goat Media
    Currently building this nifty small business ROI calculator.

VPS would be a great solution, But 250GB is rather high. Just make sure you get really good support from whoever you choose!
    InfTek Hosting
    Shared and Dedicated Kerio MailServer Solutions
    http://www.inftekhosting.com

Have you considered http://www.servage.net

Besides the guy who cried about having his illegal MP3's deleted, most of their customers seems to be satisfied, and even with your diskspace/bandwidth use you should not be afraid to break their limits.

Give 'em a try