cheap & reliable .com - Domain w/ REAL referring

Hi.
    I am looking for a cheap domain-host for a .com domain. I don't need webspace just the domain. it should be possible to really direct to my domain not just by frame. For example it should look like this:

ww*.mynewcomdomain. c*m ==> freewebspace.somewhat.ent/myusername/blog

(I'm sorry, I can't yet use vB-code so I had to cripple the domain names above...)
    so that the browser title bar shows the actual homepage not ww*.mynewdomain.com. How is this called? And has it got something to do with CNAME (what is CNAME?)

Cheerio,
    Hannes.

I think by 'host' you mean 'registrar', don't you?

If yes, Namecheap has the forwarding feature for free. http://namecheap.com - USD 8.88 per .com per year. You also might want to search this forum for the discount code, to make your purchase even cheaper.

Good luck!
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

yeah, registrar that is.
    Thanks for the tip man! But I read about namecheap "blocking" pages because they're from foreign countries, my homepage will be in German and I'm living in the UK, could that confuse those guys?

BTW: Is there nothing cheaper? For my current .de domain I pay 0.19ct per month with a one-time-fee of 9.99 euro, which seems to me much cheaper than namecheap...

Namecheap will not host your domain, therefore could not block the content. Content in German (Swahili, Arabic, Zulu and/or Estonian) will be not a problem, I dunno.

Good luck again.

As the second choice you might want to consider http://domainsite.com - it's $7.99 per year, including domain/email forwarding.

why is it 2nd choice? I mean it's cheaper, isn't it?

answering the 2nd to last post: No, but block the domain, as described here: htt*://w*w.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=550509

And what about referring? Does it work like I described above?

Quote Originally Posted by hanneshahn
    why is it 2nd choice? I mean it's cheaper, isn't it?
    No, if you'll use a coupon for NameCheap. Also, cheaper not always means better.

answering the 2nd to last post: No, but block the domain, as described here: htt*://w*w.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=550509
    This guy had a billing problem. Most probably used credit card or PayPal account which is not his. Also, I wouldn't pay any serious attention to one-post wonders who come here to make one complaining post and then dissappear completely.

And what about referring? Does it work like I described above?
    If by 'referring' you mean 'forwarding' then the answer is yes.