Addon vs. parked domains in cPanel.

Hello,

I never used cPanel before (Plesk all the way!!!), so sorry about this kinda newbish question...

What's addon domain in cPanel's case? If hosting company says I'll have 'unlimited addon domains' does this mean I'll can host unlimited, independent domains?

What's 'parked' domain in cPanel?

Thank you all.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

An addon domain is a domain name that that points to a subdirectory within your account. For example, you may want sample.org.nz to point to business.org.nz/sample/. The addon domain will look completely independent to the outside world with no means for anyone to know that this is running on an account under another site. Addon domains must be registered domain names that you own and must be configured to point to your name servers in order to work

You can set up a domain name that you own to point to another domain name. This is known as "parking" a domain.

The concept of addon and parking are to be same for all the control panel, the concept not going to be change in anycase.
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

Thank you, Besty, for the clarification. All is much clearer now...

Quote Originally Posted by besty
    The concept of addon and parking are to be same for all the control panel, the concept not going to be change in anycase.
    This is not completely true, at least in Plesk's case. It hasn't this concept at all. In Plesk, domain could be either physically hosted (completely independently, with separate ftp login) or forwarded (either standart or frame forward). Additionally, you can give each domain a 'Domain Administrator' access in CP.

Eh, whatever.. Thank you again!
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).