Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

HOSTGATOR [Issues]

Ok.
    I own eworldseo.com and I got an email 48 hours ago from abuse@hostgator.com.
    Since I bought an Swamp account, I can add unlimited Add on Domains also I can use 100GB of traffic.
    My sites only used 68GB of traffic and then I received this email:
    =============
    Subject: [#NOT-245615]: hostgator
    Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:56:46 -0500

We had to suspend your account a minute ago due to the server being
    overwhelmed by traffic and everyone's web sites going down.

I think you have to many sites on your account. I would definitely
    recommend a dedicated server.
    Sincerely,
    Brent
    ==============

I replied
    ======
    Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:11:05 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: [#NOT-245615]: hostgator
    To: abuse@hostgator.com

tiberiu: what the hell is this? I only have 300 visitors per day
    tiberiu: on all of my sites
    tiberiu: ?
    tiberiu: what type of abuse is this?
    tiberiu: I only have 300 visitors per day on 200 sites
    tiberiu:
    300 visitors do not justify a dedicated server

Please unsuspend the accounts imediatlly.
    What traffic? Overwellmed? are you kidding me?

Check my status? I only have 200-300 visitors per day on all of my sites.

So you are telling me that after I paid for Included Traffic, and included Storage , you shut down my accounts just because you think That my sites overload the server?

Once I sign up with hostgator I check the traffic and the storage, then I pay with my credit card and HostGator take my money.

So its like MoneyGator , now you shut down my accounts just because you have a more like a hardware problem?

So you are telling me my accounts will remain shut down forever ?
    ===============

Brent said:

Brent Oxley

Posted On: 29 Sep 2006 08:25 PM

I'm telling you your getting so much traffic the server cannot handle it and your causing downtime for everyone.

We would be happy to issue a full refund and cancel the account but we cannot host this in a shared enviroment as it keeps taking the server offline.
    Thank you for allowing me to work with you!

Sincerely,
    Brent

=====================================

Then I asked for a backup 24 hours later.

48 hours later the backup is not available for me.

I also asked for an account upgrade, 48 hours since my sites are suspended and the upgrade have not been done.

So the conclusion is this:

HostGator basically preffer clients that do not use more than 50% of the resources they say they offer in their Hosting Packages.

As a result each Client that reach the limit of traffic of the package more than 60-70% he got his account suspended forver.
    So as we can see it is clearly to see that It is very convenient for HostGator to have clients paying them , and they preffer the clients that not use the full limits of the package.

This is a total SCAM.
    Its like I sell you 100 tshits and when you want to pick up more than 60 of them, you are acused of Abusing LOLL

Lets be serios this HostGator Practice is totally outrageous and I got a friend of mine in a similar position with his account.

I decided to make this available for everyone in order to see how HostGator deal with customers.
      0 Not allowed!

I guess its time to look for a VPS =)
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by trafficstatus
    We would be happy to issue a full refund and cancel the account but we cannot host this in a shared enviroment as it keeps taking the server offline.
    That's beyond fair.
      0 Not allowed!

s
    How can this be fair???

The Package I was using had 100GB included!!!

And I got my account suspended because I used 68Gb?

It is not about money!! It is about the time I put into adding 300 domains to my account!

Its about the time I lose moving it to another host.

Its about HostGator selling 100GB package and suspending your account if you reach 60% of the limits.

This is all about lies and Advertising Packages, wanting to keep people paying only if they do not use the the traffic at all to be able to ADD as manyy sites as possible on 1 Lasy server to gett as much money and give back noting in return.!
      0 Not allowed!

This is a total SCAM.
    Its like I sell you 100 tshits and when you want to pick up more than 60 of them, you are acused of Abusing LOLL
    Maybe the 200 web sites you are hosting are causing high cpu loads. I must say though, 200 web sites on a shared hosting plan sounds absurd.

Take the full refund, and order a dedicated server or find a reliable VPS provider.

The Package I was using had 100GB included!!!

And I got my account suspended because I used 68Gb?
    It's not just the bandwidth, there is cpu and memory limitations.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali

Take the full refund, and order a dedicated server or find a reliable VPS provider.

It's not just the bandwidth, there is cpu and memory limitations.
    99.99% of my sites have Plain html and php content.

The php files only use the "include" php function.

This is clearlly not causing CPU overload since there is not much PHP to be process and not even too much memory needed for that.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know how you get to use 68GB of bandwith with just 300 uniques per day. I have sites running close to 2000 uniques per day that don't use that much.
    You are not being scamed ...maybe you just came here willing to do evil and bash an honest host ... they said you can get a full refund ...and yes ...your sites may be using to much resources, check your scripts...
    Got Fused?
      0 Not allowed!

99.99% of my sites have Plain html and php content.

The php files only use the "include" php function.

This is clearlly not causing CPU overload since there is not much PHP to be process and not even too much memory needed for that.
    Poor scripting perhaps? 200 web sites on a shared hosting plan is TOO much
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe the 200 web sites you are hosting are causing high cpu loads. I must say though, 200 web sites on a shared hosting plan sounds absurd.
    I don't think 200 sites is an absurd number. I would suspect the average hostgator server to have close to 500 sites on them. I did a quick look and found a site hosted on hostgator that has 753 other sites on the same server
    Code:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/backpackers.info
    They are a budget host i have no doubt they cram their servers to the breaking point.

Keep in mind i have no experience with them...
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IPsecure
    They are a budget host i have no doubt they cram their servers to the breaking point.

Keep in mind i have no experience with them...
    Well I do and they don't cram and break their servers ...or else will I be moving 60% of my sites with them?
    Got Fused?
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think 200 sites is an absurd number. I would suspect the average hostgator server to have close to 500 sites on them. I did a quick look and found a site hosted on hostgator that has 753 other sites on the same server
    That's 200 sites on one account, imagine if all 200-300 other accounts on the server had 200 web sites each.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siropel
    Well I do and they don't cram and break their servers ...or else will I be moving 60% of my sites with them?
    Good on you. But none the less would you agree 753 sites on one server is a few too many.
      0 Not allowed!

That's 200 sites on one account, imagine if all 200-300 other accounts on the server had 200 web sites each.
    Agreed. That's the trap of unlimited domains i suppose. You can have unlimited domains so long as it doesn't create an unstable environment.
      0 Not allowed!

I can say from experience that one of the hosts i currently use receives quite a few complaints on these boards but my experience with them (3 years) has overall been very positive. Luck of the draw sometimes i suppose.
      0 Not allowed!

HostGator basically preffer clients that do not use more than 50% of the resources they say they offer in their Hosting Packages.
    Pretty much any shared hosts that offer large amount of resources for dirt cheap price do this. Basically, they offer tons of resources, but try to kick you out if you use more that the "preferred" amount. They are actually generous to offer you a full refund. I would just take the refund and don't host with these types of providers in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

Good on you. But none the less would you agree 753 sites on one server is a few too many.
    That depends, those could be 500 domains that are parked and don't actualy use resources or nothing at all. It really depends.
    Got Fused?
      0 Not allowed!

Ok.
    So the conclusion is this:

As a result each Client that reach the limit of traffic of the package more than 60-70% he got his account suspended forver.
    So as we can see it is clearly to see that It is very convenient for HostGator to have clients paying them , and they preffer the clients that not use the full limits of the package.

This is a total SCAM.

Lets be serios this HostGator Practice is totally outrageous and I got a friend of mine in a similar position with his account.

I decided to make this available for everyone in order to see how HostGator deal with customers.
    [/B]

Bandwidth and cpu resources are not the same thing. Check the terms of service, I'm sure there's a sentence in there about cpu resources. I site could easily use NO bandwidth but 95%-100% of the cpu and ram. And how are you ever going to get your 100GB if the server is down because of your sites?

Also, the number of sites has nothing to do with cpu resources. I can show you a server with 300 sites on it, with a p4 1.5 ghz, and the load has been a couple of tenths over zero for the past month.
      0 Not allowed!

That depends, those could be 500 domains that are parked and don't actualy use resources or nothing at all. It really depends.
    Thought about that right after i typed it. Like i said earlier sometimes it's the luck of the draw.

But also i see alot of people coming on these forums to vent their frustrations (host bashing i like to call it ). This might fall into that category (though i could and have been wrong many many times).
      0 Not allowed!

Thought about that right after i typed it. Like i said earlier sometimes it's the luck of the draw.

But also i see alot of people coming on these forums to vent their frustrations (host bashing i like to call it ). This might fall into that category (though i could and have been wrong many many times).
    IPSecure I guess you are a HostGator fan because your sites never reached over 60% of the traffic they say they offer!!!

Timeprism Was perfectlly right.
    ==
    Pretty much any shared hosts that offer large amount of resources for dirt cheap price do this. Basically, they offer tons of resources, but try to kick you out if you use more that the "preferred" amount. They are actually generous to offer you a full refund. I would just take the refund and don't host with these types of providers in the future.
    ==

Also, I guess you Page_Zone, you havent read what I said earlier.

====

My sites are plain html, and the Php pages only use the "include" ph function.

So this is not the case for CPU overload or Memorry.

It is simply because of the Traffic!!!!!!

HostGator use Theplanet.com servers with traffic included I guess.

1 server have basically 750 GB of traffic included ( the cheapest)

Ofcourse that If I use the whole HostGator traffic package, they do not like that cose this mean they cant Suply not even 5% of the traffic they promise for the other Customers that have the sites on the same server LOOOLL

They have the servers overloaded.

Let put it this way.

On my server ( where my site is hosted with gatorhost) there are 650 sites in total, only 200 are mine.

If we suppose for example at least 100 are individual account Swamp account with 100 GB of traffic this will result in the server capability of making 10,000 GB of traffic.

Since this is impossible for such a Cheap ThePlanet.com server rent by HostGator , it is normally that they suspend the accounts and keep only low life clients.

I have a friend that had a similar experience 2 months ago with HostGator.

Basically clients with more than 5 sites on a Swamp account ( even they said its unlimited add on domains ) are very few.

650 sites means basically around 100+ over individual account.

Since the server they rent from theplanet.com have around 1000GB included, how can they supply 10,000 GB for their clients?

This way HostGator can never offer what they say they offer. it is clear to see
    Last edited by trafficstatus; 10-01-2006 at 03:18 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

You are making it sound like overselling is a bad thing, and I doubt hostgator uses low-end servers.
    I suggest you go to whreviews.com and read more about the hosting industry.
    I'm curious who else is gonna host your 200 sites for 15$ / month
    Got Fused?
      0 Not allowed!

You are making it sound like overselling is a bad thing, and I doubt hostgator uses low-end servers.
    I suggest you go to whreviews.com and read more about the hosting industry.
    I'm curious who else is gonna host your 200 sites for 15$ / month
    Hey Guru Junior check the Hostgator offer !!!

It says: Unlimited Add On Domains and 100GB of traffic.

So do not make unseless speculations about the sites number.

I did not even reached the limit of the traffic and I got suspended.

This is the reality not useless speculations.
    >>>Adsense Antifraud PPC Research <<<
    Looking for dedicated Hosting...
      0 Not allowed!

I know what the offer says, I'm also hosted there but you should check their TOS (that you agreed to):
    7.) Resource Usage
    User may not:
    a) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
    b) Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
    c) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
    d) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
    e) Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client.
    f) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
    g) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1492, etc
    h) Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes

When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php") use include("include.php")
    Well why don't you go over to godaddy.com? they ofer unlimited sites hosting and 1TB traffic / month for 7 bucks. Dreamhost has that same offer for 10 bucks. There are also other sites that offer unlimited everything .. I'm sure you are gonna have a "pleasant" experience with all of them ...
    Go with them and come back telling us how did it go.
    This isn't even a horror story, the host offered you your money back.
    Got Fused?
      0 Not allowed!

Siropel Your Posts are totally OFF TOPIC.

None of my sites fall into these TOS categories !!!
    >>>Adsense Antifraud PPC Research <<<
    Looking for dedicated Hosting...
      0 Not allowed!

Siropel Your Posts are totally OFF TOPIC.

None of my sites fall into these TOS categories !!!
    Oh ...sorry ... my mistake ... I didn't know your sites don't use http and php processes ...so sorry ...
    Got Fused?
      0 Not allowed!

I don't see this answered yet, but how could 300 uniques a day come anywhere near 68Gb a month? I get a lot more than that on two big sites and I don't hit my 10GB limit.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast