HeLP! ( I was looking for a new host...found this place )

(I was trying to get get a quick review of a few hosts)
    • mosso.com
    • anhosting.com
    • surfspeedy.com
    • midphase.com
    • hostrocket.com
    • hostforweb.com
    • x1services.com
    • xelhosting.com
    • bwdhosting.com
    • dotster.com
    • quantact.com

pros, why?
    cons, why?
    overall..........

I am talking about their complete hosting; I do want to know if they have a plan which looks very good.

what else? other hosts? quick review or a few pros and cons?

Alrighty, here are my suggestions. Do research on all of the hosts -- don't stick to a host because of price or what they offer, do it based on their support, reliability, and speeds!

Also, what were you looking for in terms of space and bandwidth? Did you need php, asp, databases?

there are a few ways I CAN GO

Quote Originally Posted by johnhawkins
    there are a few ways I CAN GO
    Not sure what you mean by this.

Like MrRadic suggested, do a quick search on the host using the search feature on this site. I'm sure you'll pull up some reviews. As far as finding other hosts go, you'll have no difficulty. There's plenty of users that post here that host. Good luck on your search.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-01-2006 at 01:29 AM.

That's insane.. I've just looked at their packages.. 35Gigs, 100 Gigs of Space for under $10/month?

First of all, nice name you got there. (Looks at my name, and notice similarities). Let’s establish your budget first, what are you looking to pay monthly?

under 140, Hi John

under 140
    That is high-end VPS to low-end dedicated territory. It's going to be hard to get a recommendation unless you at least make your bandwidth and storage requirements known.

Quote Originally Posted by devtx
    That is high-end VPS to low-end dedicated territory. It's going to be hard to get a recommendation unless you at least make your bandwidth and storage requirements known.
    I dunno, but I have a feeling that he means per year!

I mean a month
    bandwith 750GBs and up
    storage 10GBs

does that work.......??

anything I shouldn't look further into?? I have seen a few things about the linking hosts I posted.

I would recommend a VPS for this or maybe even a low end dedicated server.

Assuming he doesn't know much about managing a server (which it would appear he doesn't) I'd recommend a managed Virtual Private Server (VPS)

Check the offers forum here.

IMO your bandwidth requirement is on the upper end of what I would want to try with a VPS. Many VPS providers don't offer a plan with bandwidth as high as you require. But, if like the poster above mentioned, you don't want to manage your own dedi-server, VPS may be your only option for your budget. I would make sure that any VPS plan you look at is not on a server that is oversold.

Also, a word of advice. If someone says they have unlimited bandwidth on their VPS ... RUN !!!

Quote Originally Posted by devtx
    IMO your bandwidth requirement is on the upper end of what I would want to try with a VPS. Many VPS providers don't offer a plan with bandwidth as high as you require. But, if like the poster above mentioned, you don't want to manage your own dedi-server, VPS may be your only option for your budget. I would make sure that any VPS plan you look at is not on a server that is oversold.

Also, a word of advice. If someone says they have unlimited bandwidth on their VPS ... RUN !!!
    thanks...........and if they have dex with unlimited?

thanks.............and if they have xen with unlimited?
    um typo............xen........

You can always get a server management company such as Platinum Server Management to manage his server, or go with a company that includes management. LT's resellers usually have management added.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused