Need fast + Reliable Host

I'm looking to host 2 websites. One being a personal porfolio including all my digital art work, from flash files, to jpg/pngs to perhaps mpg/avi files. The second site is a comic website, that's updating daily or so. For these I need a fast host with a good amound of hard drive space of about 5GB+ and good bandwidth (around/over 1000gb). PHP and SQL are a must.

I've been looking at a few hosts like Startlogic and Bluehost, but I need more users to confirm which hosts are best for my needs.

I used to use Jiffynet, and I must say they were pretty good, but they don't fit my needs anymore.

Also looking for cheap prices

Well you said reliable + fast. Honestly, the only way you're going to get those 2 things is by asking hosts for proof. Ask for proof of uptime, and a test file for a speed test.

Is your space and bandwidth only an assumption, or do you know for fact that you will be using this much? How many visitors per month? Is the bandwidth mainly going to be from downloads?

If most of it is from downloads, then a shared hosting plan is something you could probably work with. Be wary though - don't fall into a trap. 5 GB is a LOT of space. Expect to pay "enough" for it. Don't fall for those hosts that offer you 25 GB of space for ten bucks a month.

Look around for positive host reviews, and check their prices. It will give you an indication of how much you should expect to pay. Good luck!
    █► Server Bridge / Solid Shared Hosting [Comes with a domain!]
    █► cPanel
    99% uptime dedicated support instant setup unlimited domain hosting.
    █► Bridging the gap between your dreams and reality.
    █► Questions? Talk to me: sean[at]serverbridge.net

Checkout Netfirms. $10 for the year and includes a free domain name.

netfirms.com/max and put in the coupon code max. For $10, you can't go wrong.

1000Gb of bandwidth /mo. used for your site?
    I think you may need to get an unmetered dedicated server.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by MxHub
    1000Gb of bandwidth /mo. used for your site?
    I think you may need to get an unmetered dedicated server.
    It doesn't have to be 1000gb, it can be 500, 300, but over 300gb is prefered.

Whats your budget... you should really be considering a dedicated server and be expecting to pay over $100 if you really do want reliability.

It doesn't have to be 1000gb, it can be 500, 300, but over 300gb is prefered.
    Maybe a high-end vps? Have a look around the VPS forums.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    Maybe a high-end vps? Have a look around the VPS forums.
    Sorry but what are VPS? And why are they better than Shared Servers?

You wont be able to use 1000 GB on a shared enviroment, that's for sure.
    You better search for another options like a Virtual Private Server, or a dedicated
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore