How long did it take?

Hello all!

I've just recently started a reseller, and its been up for a few weeks now. I've bought some advertising through Adbrite, (Roughly 3000 unique visitors) but nothing has come in return (Thankfully the advertising was cheap!). I'm not expecting it to boom because of it, and I do know what is involved in the industry.

I was just wondering how long it took you all before you got your first clients as a reseller, and how you did it?

Quote Originally Posted by UR2DV8
    Hello all!

I've just recently started a reseller, and its been up for a few weeks now. I've bought some advertising through Adbrite, (Roughly 3000 unique visitors) but nothing has come in return (Thankfully the advertising was cheap!). I'm not expecting it to boom because of it, and I do know what is involved in the industry.

I was just wondering how long it took you all before you got your first clients as a reseller, and how you did it?
    I haven't heard good things about Adbrite which is prob why they are so cheap.

I got my first after 2 days and they happened to find me through posts I did on different forums, that was a bit lucky as it was another 20 days before I got my next
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Adbrite has never really show me to be worth it. Both buying ad space from them and selling them space it seems to go cheap both ways and you never seem to get the good end of the deal.

I have never resold services but when we first started it was about a week before we got our first clients.
    Matt Armour
    OpenReaction

Quote Originally Posted by OpenReaction
    Adbrite has never really show me to be worth it. Both buying ad space from them and selling them space it seems to go cheap both ways and you never seem to get the good end of the deal.

I have never resold services but when we first started it was about a week before we got our first clients.
    That seems the be the norm, We got our first client after a week of advertising and posting in forums.
    CynPro Web Hosting Solutions - Different since 2006, Because We Care!
    Shared, Reseller, and Dedicated Servers All backed by a 30 day money back guarantee
    Reliable, Affordable, Honest.
    Partial proceeds from all shared hosting first payments go to a Charity of your choice!

How were you advertising? How did you get your name out? The average CPC on Google Adwords seems to be roughly $4.50 - $6, even the small niech keywords seem to be going at around $2.50 - $3.00

I think most of our first clients came from WHT and other forums I post on. The only ad's that have landed us anything decent where on http://www.serverseek.com but I don't know if that will suit your needs or not.
    Matt Armour
    OpenReaction

Quote Originally Posted by UR2DV8
    How were you advertising? How did you get your name out? The average CPC on Google Adwords seems to be roughly $4.50 - $6, even the small niech keywords seem to be going at around $2.50 - $3.00
    For smaller budgets you have to do longer combos, ie cpanel hosting mysql php or so on, once you have about 500 of those type of keywords that get maybe 1 search a day you will get some visits.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Hosting business is not easy to make money as people think
    If you want to advertise on Adbrite, choose target websites and locations for better ROI
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise