Exclamation Zend Optimizer and Apache Not Working

I'm needing to get Zend installed for some websites to run, but after I loaded Zend none of my pages will come up anymore they just sit there trying to load. On Zend's site it says it works with Apache 2.0 as long as Prefork is enabled. If anyone can tell me how to fix this issue it'd be appreciated.

Here is the versions installed on my dedicated server:

Fedora Core 4 Software
    Operating System Linux Fedora Core 4
    OS KernelLinux kernel 2.6Remote Access ServicesOpenSSH 4.2Email ServicesSendmail 8.13Development Languages/EnvironmentsGCC (C, C++, Objc, GCJ) 4.0
    Perl 5.8
    PHP 5.0Database and Directory ServicesMySQL 4.1DNS ServicesBIND 9.3Web Servers and ComponentsApache 2.0
    Mod_ssl 2.0
    Mod_perl 2.0
    Mod_python 3.1

Whats the version of Zend you have installed? If it is 3.0 then you are likely to have some issues, go ahead and install ZendOptimizer-2.6.2.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Try going to the latest Zend version, it could be producing gclib corruption errors. (3.0.1)
    || Dennis Liang,
    || ServaxNet LLC

New York, NY
    3.0.0 has major issues. Use 3.0.1 and you should be fine.

Hope I answer all the questions with is some more info.

php -v returns this before Zend 3.0.1 is installed:
    PHP 5.0.4 (cli) (built: Nov 8 2005 08:27:12)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.4, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd.

After installing Zend 3.0.1 php -v returns this:
    PHP Fatal error: [ionCube Loader] The Loader must appear as the first entry in the php.ini file in Unknown on line 0

As far as getting phpinfo to run I can't on a web page because as soon as Zend is intalled all webs never load. Is there a way to run phpinfo from a prompt?

Hope this helps,

I'm guessing this is a Plesk server then?
    || Dennis Liang,
    || ServaxNet LLC

Correct, here is the version:
    psa v8.0.1_build80060903.14 os_FedoraCore 4

This is an known issue with Plesk, edit the includer for ioncube in /etc/php.d/ and add a # infront of the loader.

Then edit your php.ini file and add:
    zend_extension = /usr/lib/php4/

The restart and you should be fine. (Don't you love Plesk?)
    || Dennis Liang,
    || ServaxNet LLC

Nice it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help!

Yeah gotta love Plesk...this is my first dedicated server and it has been a learning experience already!

I was being sarcasic, lol.
    || Dennis Liang,
    || ServaxNet LLC

London & Kent, UK
    Servax's sarcasm may be justified because you've a badly setup plesk install. Firstly the 3.1.4 Loader is very old, and for several months 3.1.22 has been the latest. Second. as the error message that you received was saying, the ionCube Loader must appear in the php.ini file before any other extensions. So you had a bogus install for two reasons. Once that's done, everything should be fine and it's common to find both installed in modern hosting plans, e.g.

The PHP version could also be updated, but you could let that one go. With the extensions, the recommended setup would be to start off without the Loader or Zend Optimiser, and then only to add each one in if you needed it for encoded files. If you are hosting your own code base and it's not changing much, then once you're setup and confortable with things, you could try enabling ZO and use a benchmarking tool to see whether there is a speedup. If you discover that you have performance problems, after ensuring that there is sufficient memory, consider a tool such as APC or Eaccelerator to add code caching, as a code cache would typically yield at least a 2 to 4 times speed improvement and possibly more.

Yeah I was kinda surprised on how it wouldn't just work out of the box and had to reprovision my server a few times before getting the help here I needed.

Very good info, I'll have to check some of these suggestions out.