LAYEREDTECH.COM invoice paid week ago = still no server

bad luck

paid ~$1500 for 3 month good server

support can only apologize but no service provided yet

Did they tell you why? You could always call them during business hours (Toll Free: 1-866-230-0800). I got my server in under 72 hours when I ordered, even though there was a small credit card mishap.

Alex

Sir,

We have all of the components assembled and loading the OS on this host the problem lies with the Windows 64 bit support of the hardware being used. This host is a highly custom build with the RAID array and other chassis components. If you are alright with loading a 32bit version of the OS the deployment can be done much easier. Otherwise will need to continue to work with HP to resolve the outstanding driver issues with Windows 2003 64 bit. If you do not absolutely require the 64bit OS I would recommend you use the 32bit version. There is much more support software, hardware and driver wise with the 32bit version over the current 64 bit releases which are still new and not very mature.

Thanks,

Jeremy

valerijskir,

Again, we do apologize for the delay. As we informed you in our latest reply, some of the special order HW was not compatible with the new Win 64Bit OS. We have been working directly with HP in order to secure the componets that are compatible with the requested OS. Also as we informed you in the ticket, you will not be charged for the time that you have not had use of the server. Once the server is operational, your account renewal date will be adjusted to reflect the in-service date.

We understand the frustration, but please keep in mind that this was a custom solution that does not fall in the normal deployment timeframes of our standard servers. Unfortunately, there are unknows when dealing with a highly customized solutions and new OS releases.

Our entire build staff is aware of this situation and we are working hard to get the server deployed to you as soon as possible.

Regards

Layered Tech

I read that. I am glad I won't pay for the time I didnot have the server.
    I was promised to have the server up and running by TUESDAY.
    Who will pay me and my company for the business that can not run?

What driver problems are you having?

Valerijskir,

It is fairly widely known that 64 bit drivers are not as prevelant as 32bit drivers. I would guess that its either raid or a chipset driver that are causing problems. Those are usually the problem ones.

How long ago did you order? Is there any reason why it has to be 64 bit? I have seen VERY large Oracle or SQL Server DB's running on 32bit windows and those tend to be the performance intensive tasks.

Are you dead in the water until the server arrives?
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Well, I did not request any specific hardware.
    RAID ADAPTER supposed to be HARDWARE not SOFTWARE
    They are not answering what problems exactly they have!!!!

I have built and installed myself some opteron servers and never had any problems with 64 bit OS.

They recieved the wire transfer last friday 09/22.... and promised me to deliver the server by TUESDAY so I had my plans about it. I have people working for me ready to use this server... Moreover, my clients can not recieve my services because of this delay. It makes me loose A LOT OF MONEY every hour!

I need 64 bit badly. My software is 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by valerijskir
    Well, I did not request any specific hardware.
    They are not answering what problems exactly they have!!!!

I have built and installed myself some opteron servers and never had any problems with 64 bit OS.

They recieved the wire transfer last friday 09/22.... and promised me to deliver the server by TUESDAY so I had my plans about it. I have people working for me ready to use this server... Moreover, my clients can not recieve my services because of this delay. It makes me loose A LOT OF MONEY every hour!

Correct.. But you still need drivers for the os to access the hardware.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

So, LAYEREDTECH,
    WHAT DRIVER PROBLEMS ARE YOU HAVING ?

valerijskir,

The problem lies with the hardware manufactures drivers and the Windows 64bit OS for the RAID card(s). We have tried 4 different makes and models of SCSI RAID 5 cards on this host and all of them allow us to load the OS fine but will not allow the host to run stable. It will lock up or BSOD shortly after boot. All of the cards we have tried state they support Windows 2003 x86_64 but they do not work as they are supposed to. We are continuing to try and find a working card and will get it installed asap. If you need further assistance please contact us via our ticket system as these forums are not our support portal and are not monitored for replies.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I have 2 windows 64bit servers working fine with

Adaptec ASR-2130SLP SINGLE Ultra320
    PCI 64 RAID BBU Module for LSI 320-1

They usually don't have those large servers in stock, they have to custom order them. But 1 week?
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Sounds like they are working on an HP branded RAID card (in an HP server?) not a 3rd party solution.

valerijskir,

It is best to wait until they get a driver that is more compatible rather than having a problem later on.

If I were you, coordinate with them via ticket or their forum.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by SelectByte
    They usually don't have those large servers in stock, they have to custom order them. But 1 week?

.... and 1 week is a long time to you for a custom order?

It takes 2-3 days for the vendor to build the server, then there is a 3 day shipping lead time, and then they have to install the O/S, and if there are any problems it causes more delays.

uhh.. Where do you shop that takes technicians 3 days to build a server?
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Some place that burns in their equipment, and we are talking about custom orders here, thus parts not in stock.

Not the type of hoopty tower server builder most are used to here.

uh, any HP branded Smart Array controller (p600 sata/sas, smartarray 640x, etc) should be FULLY supported in x64 and i64 assuming you are using the proper firmware, smartstart, etc.

I play with HP gear day in and day out and have yet to see an issue in DL360g4ps running 64bit as well as DL145s running x64.

We dont know exactly which HP server is it. Every one is JUST assuming it. I dont see any reason why LT itself will delay it.
    Oh talking about 5-7 days... Yes when you are ordering BrandName server it can take even more. I have seen delays from Softlayer when ordering high end servers when they are out of stock. Custom Build doesnt means Tech assemble the servers. Custom is just anything which is additionally added with the server.
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

I could not open a support ticket because I did not have a login to support area.

They have sent me an email that its impossible to install 64 bit os on that hardware and in couple of hours another email stating that server is online.

but I cant access it

finally opened a support ticket using login they have just sent me

Your case sounds like a special instance, but since the recent uprgade in order systems, they deployed well on time for both my servers.

Well, all network facilities have one off situations like this. Although it's certainly unfortunate, it happens to all of them sooner or later.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Custom is custom, it's not easy to provide an ETA everytime, it is understandable.

If your time is so valuable for you, losing money every hour then you can ask a full refund and try someone else which you *think* is faster.
    please, bear with me. tell me when I'm wrong, I'm not doing it on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    uhh.. Where do you shop that takes technicians 3 days to build a server?
    Have you ever dealt with HP or Dell before?

For consumers, it can take up to a month for a laptop to get sent out just because of a graphics card or ram upgrade....

A server shouldnt take that long, but it does take time for larger vendors such as HP, Dell, Apple, and so forth to get hardware out.

Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.