What do you expect from a webhost ?

Hello,

I would like to know what you all expect from a webhost. Of course good support, low price, uptime etc but any new features etc you would like to see ? pl. post here

Thanks

I think it expain well here in this post.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=480472
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

The hosting company must display a contact phone number on their site, must have a 24/7-support desk system available 365 days per year, must provide an Acceptable Use Policy and or Terms of Service available for review posted on their web site, must provide an Uptime Guarantee, must provide a Money Back Guarantee.

And that just a start.
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated
    Server Administration - 24/7 Support - Phone & Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM - A+ BBB Rating

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by iDir_Mike
    The hosting company must display a contact phone number on their site, must have a 24/7-support desk system available 365 days per year, must provide an Acceptable Use Policy and or Terms of Service available for review posted on their web site, must provide an Uptime Guarantee, must provide a Money Back Guarantee.

And that just a start.
    You forgot having ESP. The best hosts know you need support and call you first
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

I believe that a phone number will either make it or break it for me. A Phone Number would be a requirement for me to choose that host.

price is not a question when it comes to a reliable host "you get what you pay for" but i think the host should provide a tos page, preferrably automatic signup, a page displaying customer reviews, at least 99.5% uptime and 24hr support, a phone number wouldnt matter too much if there is 24hr support at hand

Quote Originally Posted by FR-Alex
    I believe that a phone number will either make it or break it for me. A Phone Number would be a requirement for me to choose that host.
    A phone number is only good when it is answered, there have been lots of complaints about hosts not answering phones when something really bad happens.

Great uptime and good support.
    Basically if your website is up and running, you would not need any support
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    A phone number is only good when it is answered, there have been lots of complaints about hosts not answering phones when something really bad happens.
    Sorry, I thought I was implying that they answer their phone.