UK website with US server and domain???

A little bird told me that if you have a UK website with a .com domain (common) but have it on US servers then google will not accept it as a UK site - therefore, it won;t show up if you click on google UK search.

Any back this up?

Your little bird was correct, as far as im aware (im sure one of the SEO guys will come and correct me) but my understanding is google will list your site on the UK search if either:
    1) its a .uk based domain (regardless of where it is hosted)
    or 2) its on a UK IP

Right, that's exactly what I was told (but you worded it much better!).

It's off to look for a good value UK based reseller then! I've got a couple of UK company .com domains I need to transfer to my resller account.

Was looking at, and, and despite their domain extensions, only resellerzoom has uk based servers. Anyone got any better suggestions for a reseller account?

you could host these on domains and have the .com's as domain forwarders to the ones.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server. - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

London, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro
    you could host these on domains and have the .com's as domain forwarders to the ones.
    Which will work until Google fix their algorithm to just include sites *in* that country to the regional versions of the engines.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

A good tip is to search on Google and use UK only sites.