* Merchant Accounts

Everyone has heard of the PayPal concerns. I loose customers because they see PayPal buttons on my site. So who offers GOOD merchant services?
      0 Not allowed!

two words: Merchant Banks

There are a lot of them, and every small business who wants to accept credit cards offline needs to have a merchant account.

There are companies who offer shortcuts, like PayPal, which is a great way to pay for that auction you just won on ebay, but a lousy service to use for regular payment processing.

Whichever bank handles your business accounts, probably offers merchant services as well.
    http://forums.webhostdir.com/
    All your hosts are belong to us
      0 Not allowed!

Hostcharge.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mike-c
    Hostcharge.com

He asked about merchent accounts and not 3rd party billing....

3rd party accounts are good if you do a low volume of or customers, but if you are loosing business because of the paypal link you very well could loose business because you must send people to other pages to pay....
      0 Not allowed!

you dont have to send people to a 3rd party page with hostcharge
      0 Not allowed!

check out http://echo-inc.com./ and http://www.onlinedatacorp.com./ - they both provide nice and low priced merchant accounts (thought, its still better to use 3rd party services if your customer base is small or you do not have medium transaction amount). Please remove . before last slash when trying to access the web sites I mentioned above. Enjoy!
      0 Not allowed!

lots of people ask for a merchant account when they actually mean third party ,most third party companies advertise as merchant accounts ,do a search for merchant accounts ,i think more third party billing systems will be returned than banks
    and as mentioned you don`t have to redirect customers with hostcharge you can use your own secure page
      0 Not allowed!

www.revecom.com
    - $10 for each wire-transfer (weekly)
    - $1 + 3.95%
    - No merchant account needed
    - Superb sales links + shopping cart + sales categories (the best and most flexible I have seen so far)
    - Great customers and transactions management system
    - Recurring billings possible - can even change $ and credit card info
    - Excellant support
    - No monthly fee

With these, I really can't think of any reason why I need a merchant account.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SuperBaby
    $10 for each wire-transfer (weekly)
    It doesn't have to be weekly. They wire it when the minimum settlement amount is reached. You can set this figure at whatever you like.
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost
      0 Not allowed!

www.revecom.com
    - $10 for each wire-transfer (weekly)
    - $1 + 3.95%

- No monthly fee

With these, I really can't think of any reason why I need a merchant account.
    Are you nuts?!
    $10 bux a week for the tranfers, but no monthly fees? Who needs a monthly fee when they are basically getting $40 a month plus a buck per transacation, plus almost 4% of all transactions? By the time you do enough business to make enough money to cover your actual product over these charges, you may as well have your own merchant account.
    Pretend you are new at this and you sell about 20 accounts for $14.5 a month. That gives you $290 minus the dollar per transaction = $270, then minus the 3.95% leaving you $258.54, minus the $10 if you only have one wire transfer, and you net $248.54 of the original $290. That sucks if you ask me.

btw, it is waaaay easier to incur chargebacks (at a hefty fee) with a third party, than your own merchant account.
      0 Not allowed!

ATST - See my above post

Revecom don't have to wire the money. They can also send you a check which you incur no charge for and is recommended for low volume accounts.

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost
      0 Not allowed!

That is right. You can set the minimum payment amount to $5000 or whatever.

$10 is very low considering the USA banks charge a standard fee of $40 for each transfer. Revecom has the advantage as they wire the money from their Canada branch.
      0 Not allowed!

That is right. You can set the minimum payment amount to $5000 or whatever.

$10 is very low considering the USA banks charge a standard fee of $40 for each transfer. Revecom has the advantage as they wire the money from their Canada branch.
    Revecom will actually deposit moneys into US and Canadian bank accounts completely free of charge. Wire transfers are only needed if you have a bank account in Europe, for example.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like Revecom is a reseller of Paysystems. Any other popular Paysystems resellers?
      0 Not allowed!

I have found ezcharge.net to be very good, give them a try
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kreativ
    Looks like Revecom is a reseller of Paysystems. Any other popular Paysystems resellers?
    Actually, Revecom and Paysystems are the same company.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by avara

Correct

Revecom.com
    PaySystems.com, Inc.
    2075 University
    15th Floor
    H3A 2L1
    Canada

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by XTNet
    I have found ezcharge.net to be very good, give them a try
    Beware of these excessive "hidden fees" before choosing ezcharge.net. These charges are unreasonable compared to the industry standard.

*$38.00 per chargeback.
    *If you go over chargeback percentage of 2.5% there is a penalty of $200 per chargeback over, with possible account closure.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by avara

Thanks for the notice.

2075 University
    15th Floor
    H3A 2L1
    Canada
    College kids operating out of their University dorm room?
    j/k.
      0 Not allowed!

Ezcharge? Ouch!

$1.00 per transaction.
    Option 1: All cards 7.5% - No Setup Fee.
    Option 2: All cards 5.5% - $295 Setup
    Option 3: Visa/Mc 3.99% Amex 5.0% - $495 Setup

That's about the highest rate I have seen.

If you go with 2checkout you pay only 5.5% plus 0.45 per transaction. It's quite reasonable for low volume dealers (less than $3,000 in sales a month).
      0 Not allowed!

I would just suggest you get a merchant account.

If you want speedy setup go with Wells Fargo Secure Source.

However they are giving me the run around on international billing so we will see how long I stay a client of theirs.

Everything else has been great though. They get back to your support e-mails timely, the people who call you just dont have their heads attached to their bodies.

Good luck,
    zach
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by apollo
    check out http://echo-inc.com./ and http://www.onlinedatacorp.com./ - they both provide nice and low priced merchant accounts (thought, its still better to use 3rd party services if your customer base is small or you do not have medium transaction amount). Please remove . before last slash when trying to access the web sites I mentioned above. Enjoy!

Stay as FAR away from online data corp as possible, they will completely screw you and freeze your account, we lost about $15k working with these dumb nuts.
      0 Not allowed!

Whats about revcom ?

Revcom good experience whit support ?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, they do provide 1st class support. You can either submit a support ticket or chat live with the staff during working hours.
    Janwawa Group Tour Management
    - http://janwawa.com
      0 Not allowed!

I am new and looking for payment solution.
    EZCharge is cool becuase you need no setup fees to pay.
    But their chargeback fees is very high.

I have never been a merchant before, I dont know how to prevent chargebacks. Is it in the hands of merchant?
      0 Not allowed!

look a little closer at EZCharge, there is a 399$ Application fee
      0 Not allowed!

The rates are different depending on if you do "real-time" transactions or not. I have definately heard good things about Authorize.net's gateway and I have found a few PHP classes that interface with it very nicely.

I got Rietta Solutions a merchant account with the same bank that keeps our checking account, Wachovia in Atlanta, GA. After making the decision to get our own merchant account, I shopped around for a bit online and finally chose not to do real-time processing in order to save some money for the time being. I have a website terminal from LinkPoint that I can log into to enter transactions.

The downside to this setup is the need to reenter data from multiple sources, but I am writting a VB application that uses a IE WebBrowser control to autopopulate the fields I need from my database

There are a lot of options out there. I choose Wachovia Merchant Services because they are local to me and the fee structure was quite competitive.

Best regards,
    Frank Rietta
    AtlantaWebHost.com, a service of Rietta Solutions
    Web Site & Development Hosting, Dedicated, Colocation, DNS, Atlanta-area T1 for Voice & Data
      0 Not allowed!