bandwidth problem?

Hi,
    I was curious if one of you guys may know what the problem is with our server. Maybee something similare has happen to one of you.

Throught the day our Direct Admin server will not be accessible. Sometimes it will be worse then other times.
    Times when I cannot access a webpage, I can putty into the machine making me beleive that it is a problem with webpages. It doesnt seem to help with I restart httpd either. I have KISS firewall installed aswell, if that helps.

I welcome any suggestions.

Thank you very much
    -Tom M.

If you can access via SSH but not through HTTP perhaps you might be getting some SYN floods. You should check to see if you have a lot of syn_wait (I think that's what you check for, I'm not 100% sure. Geniuses correct me if I'm wrong)

Where would I check to see if that might be the problem? and what might I look for?

Thank you for the response.

I did alot of searching on this forum, which I should have done before posting (sorry), and found alot of great info.
    I am going to go ahead and implement some of the things that I have read up on and see how that goes.
    Thanks again.